Would you work at a fast food joint on a 10-year, $1 million dollar contract?

I worked at Burger King for 2 weeks and it was hellish. I was excited to work there too. Was 14 years old thinking I'm gonna have a leg up on my peers with the cashflow. It aged me bruh.

Floors were always greasy, too many duties, half the customers were rude and hated their lives, bathrooms had some lovely surprises, uniform was degrading. I could probably do 2 years at a fast food joint as close to the boonies as possible. I mean, it even broke this guy down and he had seen jail before.

_proxy

10 years!!! you ppl dont understand the value of wasted time.
judgin by the fact im on my way to buildin my empire and Mc'Ds has seen my last paycheck already.

NO. not in

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

No, for the simple fact that the contract limits my potential to make more than that. Too many other ways to make a LOT more than $1,000,000 in 10 years.

share.

No, for the simple fact that the contract limits my potential to make more than that. Too many other ways to make a LOT more than $1,000,000 in 10 years.
Well you could put the money you make into your own investments/business ventures

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Well you could put the money you make into your own investments/business ventures
Well 100k a year aint really enough to stunt off + invest.
If you were gettin the mill upfront it would be a different story...

Originally Posted by DaulDierce

share.
please do. If that were the case, there would be alot more millionaires

I aint even gonna be stuntin hardbody like that. At LEAST quarter of that $100k per is gonna be used plottin on how to flip it time and time again.

I would be taking a course on economics and preparing myself for the years to come. I'd be 33 and I still got a LOTTA time to do what I wanna do with that $$ I stacked up

Depends what the hours are tbh
laugh.gif

not trying to work at 7 AM, If it was like 11-6 or something I'd do it

Easiest money ever. The tough part would be remaining at the register, because your mind would be so clear, you'd be the greatest, most efficient register person ever with the most amazing customer service ever. You'd have to deny opportunities McD's would offer you that would lead to positions that make greater than 100k a year. But of course, you could take them after the decade is up.

This can be done

The keys are to make this job some how connect with your main purpose and to have free time for happiness.

the stipulations would have to be that :

Frugal like a smart Jewish Man

You only work 40 hours a week and none of those akward service industry work shifts

You discipline your self to prepare for you future endeavors, so that you are a master of whatever craft that you will persue.

You study the laws of money to make more.

You find an outlet for happiness

Originally Posted by cs02132

Depends what the hours are tbh
laugh.gif

not trying to work at 7 AM, If it was like 11-6 or something I'd do it

usually the shifts are 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, and possibly an over night shift. The 2-10 is probably the easiest, because after like 8, nobody really comes in and you just break stuff down and prep

5 yrs 500k , with options to extend contract. 
plenty of time to study , get  a degree online or something. if you choose not to pay, plenty of free un-certifiable education to fill. your curiosity  

Ummm....no? 
laugh.gif

The only thing that sounds good is the fact that the money is tax free.

I will admit that 100K is a lot for a fast food worker, but I would rather do something that I actually enjoy, and will ultimately earn more money per year (even after tax) for the rest of my life.

NT must have the largest number of future 1%'ers of any message board.

Every thread like this you get "100k (or x amount of money) per year isn't that much."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by swendro88

Every thread like this you get "100k (or x amount of money) per year isn't that much."
laugh.gif
A lot of us are from NYC and CA metro areas where 100k really just isn't that much.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of money anywhere but out here, that figure is very attainable in a lot of professions if you invest 10 years... hell some people are even lucky enough to enjoy what they do for a living.

laugh.gif
at signing away a decade of your life for 100k annually. It's just not enough money for that. If the offer was 250k tax exempt, that would be very tempting.

Yeah it's always hilarious how many people have the potential to make tons of money. They'll be the same idiots voting for Romney because they'll pay less taxes under his regime.

laugh.gif

im sayin dudes acting like its easy to get a 6 figure job or something
laugh.gif

btw less than 15% of americans make 100k yearly (srs)

laugh.gif

or they know that their potential from doing something more productive can be greater than spending 10 yrs working for a fast food restaurant making 100k
laugh.gif

imo doing this would be short changing yourself...to each his own, though

I don't think many of you realize how much it sucks to work in the food industry.

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

Originally Posted by blakep267

Originally Posted by heatking

100k a year not that much.

just saying

it is alot of money considering its a job that requires no degree and its pretty easy work. And its 100K out of the gate no starting off at the bottom and making your way up. In the state that this country is in now, thats alot of money.

Not only that, it's tax free, dummies. So you're actually making closer to 135k a year on the books. Plus, never said you couldn't be in school while working there. PhD? Thanks, much.

This.
Bet 95% of people saying "$100K/yr aint much I need moar" don't have $100K in the bank 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom