Would you work at a fast food joint on a 10-year, $1 million dollar contract?

Originally Posted by 1994SS

I don't think many of you realize how much it sucks to work in the food industry.

But people do it everyday, and they won't even sniff $1 million in their lifetime. 
Whatever world y'all living in now that would make you even think twice about your answer to this

I want to go to there...

Sometimes life is more than just money. I've worked the food industry, it sucked. It made me miserable, I quit after 2 weeks. If I had to work full time and be miserable 5 days out of the week, it wouldn't be worth it. I'd prefer to make $60k and have a job I love doing.

I dunno. 10 years??

Other than being black, I've never done anything that long in my life.

nope.

Then again, I work with youth, so I've come to peace with the fact that I will never earn what I should.

Originally Posted by 1994SS

Sometimes life is more than just money. I've worked the food industry, it sucked. It made me miserable, I quit after 2 weeks. If I had to work full time and be miserable 5 days out of the week, it wouldn't be worth it. I'd prefer to make $60k and have a job I love doing.
Bet you wouldn't have been as miserable if you were getting 100k a year, though..

No. The food service industry sucks.

Also I'm fortunate enough where I'll be making 300-400K a year post-residency

For me, it'd be a no b/c of the simple fact I have an engineering degree and I know if I work hard I can reach for more, AND be happy doing it.

You will gain no valuable work experience working that way for 10 years...unless your life goal is to work at fast food for the rest of your life. There's more to life than money, even if it is a big part of it.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Put me down for 20yrs.

laugh.gif

Of course. Whoever says no even with those stipulations are not realizing the disproportionate work to pay ratio. It's actually a bit more work to be a waiter in a Applebee's or Ruby Tuesdays

You basically telling me I'm getting 100k tax free a year plus I get free food. I don't embarrass easy so taking orders aint a thing to me. Also, I'd be making more money than my co-workers
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

You will gain no valuable work experience working that way for 10 years...unless your life goal is to work at fast food for the rest of your life. There's more to life than money, even if it is a big part of it.
Exactly why would I want valuable work experience if my life goal is to make enough money to live comfortably with a higher standard of living than the average?

I know a mil aint what it use to be but a tax free mil is a good start.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Of course. Whoever says no even with those stipulations are not realizing the disproportionate work to pay ratio. It's actually a bit more work to be a waiter in a Applebee's or Ruby Tuesdays

You basically telling me I'm getting 100k tax free a year plus I get free food. I don't embarrass easy so taking orders aint a thing to me. Also, I'd be making more money than my co-workers
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Exactly why would I want valuable work experience if my life goal is to make enough money to live comfortably with a higher standard of living than the average?

I know a mil aint what it use to be but a tax free mil is a good start.

QFT

I'm going with.... No.

10 years of wasted life on the service industry. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom