Wow...no public outcry on NT for the looming prison sentence for Plax???

Didn't see anything posted....what do you all think?

NEW YORK -- Manhattan's district attorney says he wants former Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress to serve time in prison, the New York Post reported.

Robert Morgenthau told the newspaper that Burress, who shot himself with an unlicensed gun in November, was willing to agree to spend a year in jail, but prosecutors insisted on two, the Post reported.

"We've always taken the position that he's going to have to go to jail, whether by trial or by plea," Morgenthau told the Post for a story in Monday's edition.

Link

I mean Matt Jones does coke....

yes sarcasm

I don't really care about this topic, I just wanted to give Frankie Calentino props for that "He's right, the steaks are delicious!" commentin the thread about Vick.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was ROLLIN at work.

stallworth did get jailtime...

and the DA is on the verge of really messin this up for himself
He is showing his hand and showing he has an agenda. Plax can take this to trial and win a jury decision.
How dumb is this guy
smh.gif

Plus we still gotta wait for Commissioner Fidell to give his ruling
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Bloomberg has an agenda.
YUP.....

If i remember correctly, bloomberg was sayin he want PLAX to get the maximum sentance the day after it happened...

plax will def. do jail ... unless the law doesn't apply to him which it will ...

but outcry 4 what ... he shot himself ... he's an idiot

The law in this case though, is the law.

I thought it's an automatic 3.5 year bid if you get caught with an unlicensed firearm in NY. If anything, I think Plax is trying to get off with specialtreatment by wanting to do only a year.

Either way, the DA shouldn't have come out with what he said.

Harris is an idiot, but I'd still like to seem him play football this season....just not for the Bears. It seems like he'll be spending his time behindbars though.

Do players become NT's favorite athlete once they commit a crime? Why do yall hype and fall all over these criminals? It is ridiculous.

Why would there be an outcry about this? Dude brought a gun in a crowded place where you arent supposed to have one, and shot himself. He broke the law.

DA was stupid for those remarks....even if that's what he thinks, he should have NEVER gone public with it...especially since nothing has gone to trialyet....if anything, he may have helped Plax's defense team because they can say the DA had premeditated feelings towards their client...

Originally Posted by franchise3

The law in this case though, is the law.

I thought it's an automatic 3.5 year bid if you get caught with an unlicensed firearm in NY. If anything, I think Plax is trying to get off with special treatment by wanting to do only a year.

Either way, the DA shouldn't have come out with what he said.

The DA was out of line for doing that, but thats the law. He shouldn't just get off...

Yeah i think most of us agree the DA and Bloom were/are grandstanding

but the law is the law. Frankly what he did was extreemly dangerous is a condensed area like a club in the city. My friend is serving a sentence right now fora gun. I think he took a plea for 2 and a half though. Why should Plax get special treatment?

I would give him 3 years just for wearing sweatpants to the club when he's a millionaire

Back
Top Bottom