Wow...no public outcry on NT for the looming prison sentence for Plax???

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Didnt Stallworth get like 30 for +%!*%@@ Manslaughter?
smh.gif

if they give Plax even a +%!*%@@ year for carrying a gun on him...

indifferent.gif
you live here, how can YOU not understand the gun laws? Stallworth has nothing to do with this. I kinda feel bad for ol country dude, but damn manhe broke a serious law here. Go through the proper channels.

there shouldnt be ANY public outcry,the dude is an idiot for shooting himself.he shouldnt of even had a gun in the first place,he has money to hire somebodyguards so there is no excuse for anything he did.

eek.gif
It might be a wrap for Pierce too after this:
[h1]Lawyer: Burress will testify at grand jury[/h1]
52 minutes ago

FILE -- This is a March 31, 20…
AP - Jul 27, 9:41 am EDT

NEW YORK (AP)-Former New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress(notes) will testify before the grand jury that is investigating weapons charges against him, his lawyer said Tuesday.

Attorney Benjamin Brafman said Burress would testify at 10 a.m. Wednesday.

"He's going to go in and tell the truth," Brafman said.

Burress, 31, shot himself in the thigh at a Manhattan nightclub early on the morning of Nov. 29. He was accompanied by teammate Antonio Pierce(notes), who still could be charged in the case.

Burress was charged with criminal possession of a weapon and faces up to 3 1/2 years in prison. Burress has pleaded not guilty and is free on $100,000 bail. The Giants released Burress in April.

The New York Post reported Monday that Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau is insisting on jail time for Burress.

"We've always taken the position that he's going to have to go to jail, whether by trial or by plea," Morgenthau told the newspaper.

FILE - In this Monday, June 15…
AP - Jul 27, 7:58 am EDT

Brafman blasted Morgenthau for speaking out about the case, saying the district attorney's comments could prejudice the grand jury proceedings.

Asked about Burress at a news conference Tuesday, Morgenthau refused to comment.

Burress, who caught the winning touchdown in the final minute for the Giants in the 2008 Super Bowl, also could face disciplinary action by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell under the league's personal conduct policy. Burress has yet to sign with another team and Goodell's office announced in June that the league already had started its examination of the incident.

In a statement Tuesday, Giants President John Mara defended Pierce's actions, which included taking Burress to a hospital under an assumed name.

"When this incident occurred, Antonio reacted out of concern for the health and well-being of Plaxico Burress," Mara said. "There was no criminal intent on the part of Antonio, who was thrust into this predicament simply because he accompanied Plaxico that evening and because he made the decision to immediately take Plaxico to the hospital."

smh.gif
No bueno!
This dude better pull a Clay Davis QUICK!!!

Edit:

NY POST - Antonio Pierce facing indictment

the Stallworth thing doesn't apply here bc the dude he hit was partly at fault. dude jaywalked on a major intersection at like 4am. His lawyer coulda beatthe whole thing probably but that would be a PR nightmare I imagine.

laugh.gif
What, now non-issues have to be fabricated on NT just to get a rise out of people?

Plax is an idiot and he broke the law. Nuff said.

I agree that the difference between this and Stallworth is that the man he killed was jaywalking, hence leaving room to decide what the sentence should reallybe. Plax left himself with no wiggle room and puts a lot of pressure on his lawyer to come up with a legit argument to get off of this.

Plax and Pierce are done. Both the DA and Bloomberg had an agenda and will get away with said bias. Plax is not going to get a fair trial.

Is Plax a flight risk? If not, I take whatever bread I have and leave the country.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Do players become NT's favorite athlete once they commit a crime? Why do yall hype and fall all over these criminals? It is ridiculous.

Why would there be an outcry about this? Dude brought a gun in a crowded place where you arent supposed to have one, and shot himself. He broke the law.
Couldn't have said it any better
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Plax and Pierce are done. Both the DA and Bloomberg had an agenda and will get away with said bias. Plax is not going to get a fair trial.

Is Plax a flight risk? If not, I take whatever bread I have and leave the country.

The DA and bloomy making brazen statements and grandstanding will only help plaxico. The right lawyer will show that they have an agenda against plax. If thedefense gets the right jury, Plax will get sympathy from at least one juror. All they need is a giants fan or a black dude that hates bloomberg.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Pierce isn't done. His situation looks bad, but i don't think jail time will occur for him.

and Plax is better off just serving his time, he knows that, his lawyer knows that. Running for the rest of your life and not being able to contact your familyis a life sentence.

rather just eat that year or two

plax going to take the stand, i hope he pulls it off.

Why would there be any outcry for Plax, dude shot himself and took away his own career. Whether Plax broke a law or not, he was stupid just for shootinghimself, be it an accident or not. I'm not going to say that I want him to go to jail per say, cause it really doesn't matter to me, but at the sametime whatever fate comes his way just know that Plax did it to himself.

Back
Top Bottom