Wrestling Thread 12/22-1/4 | Jan 4 - New Japan Wrestle Kingdom 9 - Show of the Year?

Now yall wanna get on the Nakamura bandwagon :smh: :lol:

But yea, both he and Ibushi stole the show.

Naka is my fav wrestler man.
Nope

I been a Swagsuke fan.....since last summer :lol:

But naw, I'm glad more and more NTWTers are getting exposed to NJPW. When I watch those matches I watch it like a boxing match or an MMA fight. It doesn't even seem "fake" to me, that's why I love it

But naw, I'm glad more and more NTWTers are getting exposed to NJPW. When I watch those matches I watch it like a boxing match or an MMA fight. It doesn't even seem "fake" to me, that's why I love it

I've been on him since a couple of y'all started talking about him several months back..I've really enjoyed a lot of his earlier work..To see the progression from even '08 when he wrestled Angle in the unification match to now is amazing..As soon as my credit card payment posts I'm ordering a King of Strong Style shirt..

When I watched those matches last night it took me right back to mid to late 80's NWA..If just has a more serious feel and you knew that the wrestlers were going to bust their *** to put on a show..It's so damn nice to see a 4 hour event that doesn't rely on gimmicks/specialty matches to entertain the fans..I said this last night, but that was what WRESTLING is supposed to be..And that's 2 men (or 4 or 8) going out there and beating the hell out of each other and leaving everything in the ring..

Last edited:
Been on Nak since someone posted that Reddit essentials thread on him. Hes awesome. I actually wore my Nakamura shirt while watching the PPV lol

IT'S UP!!!!..

And a user named Fire Swerve has 3 parts up that's the JR/Striker call..

Last edited:
The WWE is gonna counteract WK by....acting like it doesn't exist, and moving on with their lives :lol: we're gonna get the bunny, Cena comedy, and teased with matches that should be very high quality, but end in DQ in 4 minutes.

I expect NXT to respond accordingly.

The main roster? Not so much :lol:

Been on Nak since someone posted that Reddit essentials thread on him. Hes awesome. I actually wore my Nakamura shirt while watching the PPV lol

That was me :lol: :pimp:

I know bro :lol: just messin with yall.

I've been on him since a couple of y'all started talking about him several months back..I've really enjoyed a lot of his earlier work..To see the progression from even '08 when he wrestled Angle in the unification match to now is amazing..As soon as my credit card payment posts I'm ordering a King of Strong Style shirt..

When I watched those matches last night it took me right back to mid to late 80's NWA..If just has a more serious feel and you knew that the wrestlers were going to bust their *** to put on a show..It's so damn nice to see a 4 hour event that doesn't rely on gimmicks/specialty matches to entertain the fans..I said this last night, but that was what WRESTLING is supposed to be..And that's 2 men (or 4 or 8) going out there and beating the hell out of each other and leaving everything in the ring..

Well said Sir Caseford. :pimp:

But man reading these posts the past couple days have made me smile man. Glad to see everybody getting into New Japan. It's good quality stuff.

It's such an amazing alternative to the dreck we get with RAW/SD & Impact.

Depending on how WM season goes I may just stick to NXT, NJPW, PWG, ROH and probably the Big 4 WWE PPVs. The rest I would be able to live without.

Last edited:
Thanks to the NTWT I found the LAW and Review a Wai, which I've been listening to everyday at work now. And also, people talking about NJPW here also got me interested in checking it out. I've seen a few matches and checked out the first few matches of WK9, and all I have to see is wow. May stop watching WWE altogether if they do not improve their product fast.

I don't know if I could ever totally stop watching WWE.

It mostly sucks, but there are some bright spots that would be hard to ignore.

Same here. Even though it's awful at time it's what got me into wrestling in general. And I noticed the avy change. :smokin

That's exactly how I feel. Watching WWE is like being in a long-distance relationship with an ugly girl

I'll never completely watch stopping WWE. I'll just watch more and more NJPW, ROH and PWG

I really don't think yall understand how PROUD I am seeing the last 15 pages being spent on New Japan discussion. I am being 100% serious right now man.........
embarassed.gif

The WWE is gonna counteract WK by....acting like it doesn't exist, and moving on with their lives
laugh.gif
we're gonna get the bunny, Cena comedy, and teased with matches that should be very high quality, but end in DQ in 4 minutes.
Has anyone on the roster, NXT included, Tweet about WK9?

Back
Top Bottom