Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

Finally watched the latest NXT 2.0s.

- Unless you plan to put him in the NXT or North American title picture (which seems like it will be the latter) might be time to bring Baby Uce to the main roster to be with his brothers and cousin

- As I've said before the botched fusion of Bray and KO ain't it. Really not a fan of turning GYV into Henchman 1 & 2 :smh:

- Legado needs to get called up after the Tony D feud is done. Santos has IT and EYE think he can be successful on the main roster especially with Trips running things now

- D Fly D Fly your girl MAGA tha Stallion with the Anna Jay-esque promo.

- My girl Kayden Carter finally winning some gold.
1659842812561.png
Unfortunately it's with Vaxxana Chance,
1659842851387.png

- This NXT women's division is some struggle right now. Outside of Alba, Gigi, and I guess Mandy everyone green as hell. Could bring in an established vet like Mrs. Gargano to help these women

- Don't know what he's doing in NXT UK right now but Tyler Bate needs to come over to 2.0

GOODT main event at Battle of the Tuna Melts.
Impressive showing from Take-A ****. The kid def has some form of IT. Has the height and build to be believable. Good technique and mix of moves. EYE wood like to see him incorporate a little more strong style or power moves into his arsenal but he has something going for him. Although still green needs a manager to help him hone in what IT actually is. HOTT free agent is Tony Yayo BOTY doesn't sign him maybe Levesque will take notice.
Castignoli looking real good in the ring now that the restraints have been taken off him

- Don't know what he's doing in NXT UK right now but Tyler Bate needs to come over to 2.0

Feuding with his former tag partner Trent Seven iirc. I only skim through NXT UK tbh.

think that Dragunov dude is injured, so I guess Vacant got another belt atm

Explain.

Fans are the ones that voted on those match ratings.
Yeah I know I’m familiar with Cagematch. All those matches are great but short TV matches can be great too they don’t have to be all 30 min -1 hour elite fests.

If you’ve seen some wrestler ratings on Cagematch it’s far from unbiased opinions being shared.

Meltzer has polluted the waters of match ratings.

Yeah I know I’m familiar with Cagematch. All those matches are great but short TV matches can be great too they don’t have to be all 30 min -1 hour elite fests.

If you’ve seen some wrestler ratings on Cagematch it’s far from unbiased opinions being shared.

Is it possible to have an unbiased match rating database? (Fan voted)

FellowchuckerMikey FellowchuckerMikey

The most I've liked the YB was during the end of their NJPW stint. They seemed to tone down the amount of flying and were using more logical psychology in their matches.

Outside of that, not my cup of tea.
-Corny characters.
-Low psychology in matches.
-TheY are the poster children of the Moves for the sake of Moves era.

I get there is an audience for them but they aren't for me.

I also acknowledge they are one of (if not the most) important tag team of the last 10 years. They've influenced a generation of folks that have come behind them. (As well as Omega)

FellowchuckerMikey FellowchuckerMikey

The most I've liked the YB was during the end of their NJPW stint. They seemed to tone down the amount of flying and were using more logical psychology in their matches.

Outside of that, not my cup of tea.
-Corny characters.
-Low psychology in matches.
-TheY are the poster children of the Moves for the sake of Moves era.

I get there is an audience for them but they aren't for me.

I also acknowledge they are one of (if not the most) important tag team of the last 10 years. They've influenced a generation of folks that have come behind them. (As well as Omega)
Not far off from how I feel about them. I do enjoy the ultimate douchebag character at times and I like their absolutely ridiculous ring attire.

But I feel like they’re not adding anything new to make me keep watching them. Conversely I never know what I’m gonna get from a FTR match but I know it will be well thought out.

I liked them with El Phantasmo tho at Forbidden Door.

Feuding with his former tag partner Trent Seven iirc. I only skim through NXT UK tbh.

think that Dragunov dude is injured, so I guess Vacant got another belt atm

Yeah I SEENT this when I glimpsed NXT UK the other day.

Should be a GOODT! feud but he should come stateside to 2.0 afterwards.

Just realized that was Sasha in the pic with DanHausen.

Looks like she Dana Brook'd herself. :smh:

Not far off from how I feel about them. I do enjoy the ultimate douchebag character at times and I like their absolutely ridiculous ring attire.

But I feel like they’re not adding anything new to make me keep watching them. Conversely I never know what I’m gonna get from a FTR match but I know it will be well thought out.

I liked them with El Phantasmo tho at Forbidden Door.

When The Young Bucks go into the "ultimate douchebag character " stuff, they look like children trying to play wrestler. Not a fan at all.

The FD match was a cool change of pace (semi-comedy) match to breakup all of the "Good matches" on the card.

I don’t think it hurts anyone there are plenty of fans who enjoy good matches over the other stuff myself included. But by your own admission wrestling is more than just matches to a lot of people. It’s hard for me to believe that causal fans are gonna all of the sudden think that konosuke should be beating wardlow Danielson etc because he wrestled mox and hangman and Eddie and lost all 3 conversely fans who like matches are loving this ****… no one loses here and he gets more over every time

So, what would be the harm in simply putting him IN the mid-card and allowing him to get built up to possibly something more?

Why does he keep getting matches with folks in the upper/main card and eating these pins?

I simply don't understand the reasoning here.

Just put the dude FIRMLY in the midcard.

Konosuke Take****a: Profile & Match Listing - Internet Wrestling Database (IWD)

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers/konosuke-take****a-12916.html?prom_id=285

So, what would be the harm in simply putting him IN the mid-card and allowing him to get built up to possibly something more?

Why does he keep getting matches with folks in the upper/main card and eating these pins?

I simply don't understand the reasoning here.

Just put the dude FIRMLY in the midcard.

Konosuke Take****a: Profile & Match Listing - Internet Wrestling Database (IWD)

I don’t see the harm in either approach. This approach seems to work just as well in this case and he still has a winning record overall. Also if you have a guy from another company why protect him more than your own guys?

This run has made him a name in American wrestling. That’s enough for me.

I don’t see the harm in either approach. This approach seems to work just as well in this case and he still has a winning record overall. Also if you have a guy from another company why protect him more than your own guys?

This run has made him a name in American wrestling. That’s enough for me.

I don't think he SHOULD have beaten ANY of the top names he has wrestled.

But if you are trying to push him (which they seem to be interested IN doing), throw him out there and get wins vs. Low Level talents.

I don't think having him beat those people would have made him any less "over" than he currently is.

Don't blame him.

Came in with that nonsensical Best Man gimmick for that goof Kip Sabian, found something with the Redeemer gimmick but has been stagnant for a minute.

I'm sure someone will be able to explain to us how he ISN'T being underused. :lol:

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer when did you start watching wrestling?
My oldest blurry memories are from the late 80's when I was like 3 years old. I just remember images of the Ultimate Warrior and having a plush doll of him. I guess my pops used tot watch it. Got into it myself in grade school around '95.

Can you name any short tv matches that are great?

Back
Top Bottom