Wrestling Thread Apr 13-30 | 4/28 King of the Ring Finals Live on WWE Network @ 8pm et: BNB, Truth,

i thought i've noticed the wwe having talent stand on a box again like they did in the early '80's

there have been a few promos lately where raines or cena or whoever was towering over byron saxton in the lockerroom...
but there weren't a few weeks before

i think wwe is very conscious of displaying rollins height at a maximum at all times

an old example of what i'm talking about...

ray stevens was short, much shorter than mcmahon in real life, but he's taller than vince in this promo, ha ha

some of yall don't notice these things cause yall is so hypnotized
The worst example is Vince standing next to Andre..It literally looks like Andre is 2 feet taller..SMH at Vince's shenanigans

Tell me more. What were your thoughts then? How was the crowd reaction? 
My very first house show, was in the first 10 rows I think. Card had Ron Simmons right before Doom became a team. Steamboat/Funk, can't remember who Sting and Luger wrestled. Skyscrapers (Sid and Spivey)vs 2 jobbers.
Philly was a great hotbed for wrestling. There were actually cards back in the day that had both WWF and NWA on the same Saturday but different times. A lot of indies as well.
There was a guy who was handing out pamphlets about Bruiser Brody's death.
Gonna see if I can look up the card and actual results.

Found the results, forgot about Gator Scott Hall and he teamed up with Jumping Joey.

NWA @ Philadelphia, PA - Civic Center - July 22, 1989 (3,000)
Al Greene & Ron Simmons defeated Scott Hall & Joey Maggs at 8:30 when Simmons pinned Maggs following a shoulderblock from the middle turnbuckle
Norman pinned Ranger Ross at 6:21
Sid Vicious & Dan Spivey defeated Johnny & Davey Rich at 7:40 following a double powerbomb on Davey
Shane Douglas & Johnny Ace defeated the New Zealand Militia at 6:30 when Shane Douglas pinned Jack Victory with a crossbody
Mike Rotundo pinned Scott Steiner at 5:38 in a "suplex match" even though Steiner's foot was on the ropes
Kevin Sullivan pinned Rick Steiner at 5:10 after Sullivan hit Steiner with a foreign object after referee Tommy Young intercepted a weapon from an interfering Mike Rotundo
The Great Muta pinned Eddie Gilbert at 11:20 in a Coal Miner's Glove Match after Gary Hart hit Gilbert with the glove
NWA US Champion Lex Luger defeated Ricky Steamboat via disqualification at 14:10 after Steamboat hit the referee
Sting defeated Terry Funk in a No DQ match at 14:35 by pinning an interfering Bill Irwin
The Road Warriors, Steve Williams, & Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane defeated Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin & the Samoan Swat Team at 16:15 in a Badstreet Match when Williams pinned Garvin with a cradle

Found the results, forgot about Gator Scott Hall and he teamed up with Jumping Joey.

NWA @ Philadelphia, PA - Civic Center - July 22, 1989 (3,000)
Al Greene & Ron Simmons defeated Scott Hall & Joey Maggs at 8:30 when Simmons pinned Maggs following a shoulderblock from the middle turnbuckle
Norman pinned Ranger Ross at 6:21
Sid Vicious & Dan Spivey defeated Johnny & Davey Rich at 7:40 following a double powerbomb on Davey
Shane Douglas & Johnny Ace defeated the New Zealand Militia at 6:30 when Shane Douglas pinned Jack Victory with a crossbody
Mike Rotundo pinned Scott Steiner at 5:38 in a "suplex match" even though Steiner's foot was on the ropes
Kevin Sullivan pinned Rick Steiner at 5:10 after Sullivan hit Steiner with a foreign object after referee Tommy Young intercepted a weapon from an interfering Mike Rotundo
The Great Muta pinned Eddie Gilbert at 11:20 in a Coal Miner's Glove Match after Gary Hart hit Gilbert with the glove
NWA US Champion Lex Luger defeated Ricky Steamboat via disqualification at 14:10 after Steamboat hit the referee
Sting defeated Terry Funk in a No DQ match at 14:35 by pinning an interfering Bill Irwin
The Road Warriors, Steve Williams, & Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane defeated Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin & the Samoan Swat Team at 16:15 in a Badstreet Match when Williams pinned Garvin with a cradle

Al Greene would later tag with Nash as a Road Warrior knockoffs, the Master Blasters.

I remember booing the Dynamic Dudes.

Missy Hyatt accompanied Eddie Gilbert and was smokin.

I was going to be an 8th grader that year, damn I'm old.

Card for nxt takeover on May 20th:

Owens (C) vs Zayn
Banks (C) vs Lynch
Blake & Murphy (C) vs team sawft/ Carmella
Rhino vs Corbin
Balor vs Itami vs Breeze
Bayley vs Emma

That triple threat doe.... Full expect Balor turning heel that night. Also no Charlotte means she'll be up by then. They would have gave her some work that night if not.

B5QO1qrCAAAYfVU.jpg:large

whose thise kristein kruek clone?

Golde Berg Spear, Ravens DDT were the hardest moves to pull.

Back
Top Bottom