Wrestling Thread April 13-19 | 4/19 TNA Lockdown PPV from Philadelphia - Sting vs Mick Foley

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I forgot how awful Tenay and West are. Christ.

Cole is
pimp.gif
compared to them. They can't sell anything going on in thematch.

roll.gif
Socko!

laugh.gif
Someone who retired 8 years ago winning the title.

That was a really anticlimatic finish. Mick Foley is the new TNA Champion. Eh... I'd much rather have him as champion than Sting. I've ever been afan of Sting.

oh wow... i was really hoping that TNA would pull a switch, but Mick Foley is really their champ.... wow......

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Foley being TNA champion.

This is why the following statement will be always true: WWE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TNA

I mean Sting did need to drop the belt since it seems every time i've watched TNA (not often), he's been the champ. But to Foley.... really?

Overall it was a decent PPV. The first PPV I have watched from beginning to end since Summerslam 2000. Although I must admit I had the volume turned off, as Iwas doing some reading for one of my classes lol. Other than the anti-climatic finish of the main event and the run in by "Dr Stevie Richards" therest of the matches were not that bad. It is high time though that Jay Lethal lost the "black machismo" gimmick. It was a good running joke forawhile but it has run its course.

AJ Styles - Legends champ

Mick Foley - World champ

If they'd just swap the titles everything would be good

I kinda wish they'd let jj, foley, and the "past their prime" guys fight over the legends belt and leave the world title for the younger guys who can still perform in the ring
Jeff JarrHHHet is as big of a cancer as one of my favorites in the E.
laugh.gif
Seriously, TNA wants names, who the hell is Jeff Jarrett. He is a scrub that won the WCW title when it was meaningless and was a champion ofthis dog and pony show of a promotion. And Foley? Im pretty sure more people turn channel when he comes out now a days. Wheres Tony Schivionie for a oneliner when you need it?

Say what you guys must, that was a solid PPV.

Yeah, Foley is champ...any worse than HGH running around doing spot matches with their belt? I think not.

TNA 2009 = wCw circa 1996.

Better alternative to what I was being force-fed after 2002.

Seriously, when the McMahon family, with the exception of "Money", goes down in flames in that fancy corporate jet of theirs, I'll be a WW(F) fanagain. But, the extended family needs to be on that plane as well.

The Roman Empire was thought to be indestructible once, too.

ROH needs a quality national television deal like ECW had on TNN back in the day.

That would definitely help.

Originally Posted by corporateJP

Yeah, Foley is champ...any worse than HGH running around doing spot matches with their belt? I think not.

Seriously, when the McMahon family, with the exception of "Money", goes down in flames in that fancy corporate jet of theirs, I'll be a WW(F) fan again. But, the extended family needs to be on that plane as well.

ROH needs a quality national television deal like ECW had on TNN back in the day.

........Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wait, let me get this straight... Mick Foley actually beat Sting for the belt?

TNC never ceases to amaze me.

But at least they have The Next Black Thing, Black Lesnar to make things right again. Hooray!

Seriously, when the McMahon family, with the exception of "Money", goes down in flames in that fancy corporate jet of theirs, I'll be a WW(F) fan again. But, the extended family needs to be on that plane as well.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

That was not a solid ppv and tna is not WCW circa 1996, c'mon now.

Dang. You don't see all the washed-up former world champions running around?

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

That was not a solid ppv and tna is not WCW circa 1996, c'mon now.

Dang. You don't see all the washed-up former world champions running around?

In that sense yeah, but wcw was startin to build up in 96 too with the nwo and stuff.. that's what I though you were refering to.

Back
Top Bottom