Wrestling Thread April-September 2018 RIP

E03FC5BB-BEDC-482C-BFDE-79B03CDEFF2D.jpeg

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican wallet bout to feel IT with all this heat the WWE merch team are dropping

This is real!? :rofl:

For anyone who wants to get up to speed before the G1 starts this is a solid listen.

John and Wai will have reviews of every night of the G1 and every G1 show will be broadcast in English on New Japan World.

Golden star Kota Ibibuchi (36), who will face the New Japan Wrestling Midsummer festival "G1 Climax" (14th, opening at Ota Ward Comprehensive Gymnasium on the 14th) will tell on his first thought on the 10th on 10th. Entry to the rival crowded B block with the ally IWGP heavyweight champion Kenny Omega (34) as the lead. Taking the three key persons, I burned fighting spirit for the first time in six years with my ally.

Normally a cool man made the fighting spirit more than anyone for the festival which will be the fourth appearance for the second consecutive year. There was "suspicion of banning" at Nippon Budokan used in G1 's three conventions due to forbidden Kevrada from the second floor which was banned six years ago (previously reported suspicion), 20 players who participated first It broke through the first barrier by entering.

However, the B block which is expected to be a battle is said to be "more physical ability, physical ability professional wrestlers side" Kenny, Naito (Tetsuya), SANADA player, you are anxious, SANADA, it's the first showdown, probably because I have a part that has not been demonstrated yet, I want to make it a little out, "analyzed calmly.

Naito, who has taken the IWGP by Kenny as its only partner and has competed in the same age, reigns as the leader of the industry. There is no reason not to burn in this situation. "The rival that you see as an enemy is Naito-san after all, there must be revenge (defeat in G1 of last year and get frustrated), my rival is Kenny, killing one another someday," Look for breakthrough of the block.

Especially the singles with Kenny which will be realized at the final official game (August 11, Nippon Budokan) since the DDT Budokan convention on August 18, 2012 are attractive. "Well, I hate it. I thought that I finally came ... At the end Kenny is risky (the next day is a winning battle) It's a battlefield," complicated Despite my thought, "I have to go, even if it does not have time, so I do not have time, so I have to do it." It is one year since I played the old-fashioned race. Dreaming in the summer sky aiming for the peak of wishfulness.

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/mens_prores/1060735/

WWE NXT preview (July 11, 2018): Step into the spotlight

By Meangene45 Jul 11, 2018, 3:34pm EDT
vmssg_wJCPq__93686308fbb244f8bf54836a3995a8d8.0.jpg
WWE.com
Tonight’s show finds us in NXT’s home base of Full Sail Live for the third episode from a taping (spoilers from which are here) that builds out from TakeOver: Chicago 2.

Here’s what to expect.

The Headliner(s)
The main event is a rematch from day two of the recent United Kingdom Championship Tournament/NXT UK events in London, the latest battle in the oft-spoiled war between Undisputed ERA and pretty much everyone on the other side of the Atlantic. Kyle O’Reilly and Roderick Strong are cashing in their contractual do-over and will try to get the Tag Team Championship back from Moustache Mountain’s Trent Seven and Tyler Bate.

In setting up that showdown during a backstage scene which aired last Wedneday, which should continue a run of strong marquee matches from the black-and-yellow brand’s weekly show (and all the Triple H-produced WWE Network content, really), NXT also booked a match between North American Titleholder Adam Cole and Danny Burch.

Which should be awesome. While he’s not in the group, Burch fits right into the British Strong Style mold. Facing the Panama City Playboy will give us a fun, hard-hitting match that gets Cole a win and advances the underdog narrative of “Danny Boy”.

But we’re well past time for giving Cole and the newly-established belt he holds something more substantial to do besides a supporting role in the tag title scene. Especially when there’s no shortage of potential challengers in EC3, Ricochet, Velveteen Dream, etc, etc, etc.

The Title Scene
We’re still a couple weeks away from his showdown with The Blackheart, but NXT Champ Aleister Black will appear at Full Sail “tonight” to address Tommaso Ciampa’s trash talking. It’s not clear why they’re intent on showcasing a wrestler who’s appeal centers on his silent stoicism with a bunch of talking segments, but they do usually keep them short. Expect Ciampa to cut Black off a couple lines into his promo.

There are no challengers in sight for Shayna Baszler’s Women’s Championship, at least according to The Queen of Spades. Bianca Belair and Kairi Sane, who will deal with Vanessa Borne on this episode, probably disagree.

Other stuff to keep an eye on:
- His turn to the dark side is almost complete. After defeating EC3 with his newfound ruthless aggression, what’s next for Johnny Gargano?

- War Raiders appear to be on a... war path. But to what? They’ve already dealt with The Mighty - pretty easily, I might add - so I’d expect Hanson and Rowe to target the winners of this week’s main event.

- With Nikki Cross working the SmackDown house show circuit, is her time on NXT over?

Back
Top Bottom