Wrestling Thread Aug 26-Sep 8 | 9/2 RAW - Happy Labor Day

I think #1 won't be, but should be, Legion of Doom's entrance at SS '92..There's a reason a huge fan reaction is, to this day, called a Road Warriors Pop..

Watching the newest NXT and damn this guy Sami can put on a great match, him and Swagger were clicking throughout the whole match. The crowd around the end of the match was hyped as hell :lol:

And I'll say it again, Alexander Rusev is a BEAST.

I thought he was a face during that run tho. Heading to Survivor Series '98, the double turn occurred between him and Mankind.

He may have been a tweener cause he and nation of domination were feuding with dx too at the time or before this match. I remember he had that epic ladder match against triple h at summer slam

I think #1 won't be, but should be, Legion of Doom's entrance at SS '92..There's a reason a huge fan reaction is, to this day, called a Road Warriors Pop..

you mean 91?

wwe did the road warriors dirty while they were there...

Club getting a rub, climbing the ladder, grabbing brass rings.

But the fact of the matter is he'll never be anything more than a masked cabroni.

you mean 91?

wwe did the road warriors dirty while they were there...

No, I mean 92 at Wembley when they came out on the motorcycles..91 was at the Garden and the pop wasn't quite as big..

And now that I really think about it, the best and longest pop I've heard is when SCSA comes out on the Raw after Owen died..Look it up..Will, literally, give you chills..

tumblr_mssdzp3wIq1qheak7o1_250.gif
tumblr_mssdzp3wIq1qheak7o2_250.gif

tumblr_mssdzp3wIq1qheak7o3_250.gif
tumblr_mssdzp3wIq1qheak7o4_250.gif

tumblr_mssdzp3wIq1qheak7o5_250.gif
tumblr_mssdzp3wIq1qheak7o6_250.gif

After a major vote by the International Olympic Committee this morning, wrestling has been added back into the Olympic games for 2020 and 2024. One of the world's most ancient sports, wrestling was removed seven months ago, with committee members sighting its perceived lack of global interest and low ratings for television networks. 

Changes will be made to the sport in an attempt to give Olympic wrestling a face-lift before the 2016 summer games. According to a report from USA Today, these changes borrow from the extremely popular MMA world, and may include a change in attire (no more singlets), a different color wrestling mat to look better on television, and visual effects including music and lighting for entrances to make the games "more entertaining". 

Fans of Olympic wrestling can thank IOC board member Juan Antonio Samaranch Jr., who lobbied to keep it a part of the quadrennial summer classic. Thanks to him and all the supporters who rallied behind the sport, including a large campaign by Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle and TNA Wrestling. It was decided this weekend that the 2020 Olympic games will take place in Tokyo, Japan. 

Shaul Guerrero returning to WWE.

Speculation has begun that Shane McMahon will return to WWE now that he's stepped down as CEO of YOU On Demand.

Amateur wrestling has been on a decline in all facets, though, I do believe it needed to stay in the Olympics. I highly disagree with taking away the singlets.

Wait, if they take away the singlets what the heck are they going to wear?

Entrance music and pyro would be cool though.

Back
Top Bottom