Wrestling Thread Dec 31-Jan 13 | 1/13 TNA Genesis PPV |

Anthony
May 3, 1989
Jacksonville, FL
ECW One Night Stand 2007
DDP, Bret Hart & Macho Man
Wade Barret, Dolph Ziggler & Randy Orton

Predictions:
-Shelton Benjamin will return (Pretty sure I say this every year and it still hasn't happened :lol:)
-MVP will return
-JTG will Future Endeavor himself
-Otunga will give up wrestling to do Law full time
-Wade Barret will be WHC
-Antonio Cesaro will feud for a World title but won't win
-Ziggler will be WHC (but thats pretty obvious
-Jericho will not return
-CM Punk will face Taker at WM and beat the streak
-D Bry will be WHC
-Kofi will actually get a major title shot

MVP ain't coming back man.

This week's episode of #MLW Radio is brought to you by www.Highspots.com. Highspots.com is the leading online retailer for professional wrestling and mixed martial arts products offering figures, DVDs, apparel, belts, wrestling gear and even wrestling rings! Check out Highspots.com and get your Halloween lucha mask and visit Kickstarter.com and search Highspots for their upcoming Dynamite Kid project!

On this episode, Konnan & Mister Saint Laurent check in on:

-CSI: Konnan examines CM Punk-Fan incident

-Konnan's recent incident with a fan in Mexico

-Court, Gary Hart and Low Ki in a near riot where a cop pulled his gun?!

-KonnanNN Breaking News on when the Hulk Hogan sex tape was actually filmed!

-Tats and piercings

-Will MVP return to WWE? If so… WHEN?

-MVP's throwdown with a top WWE executive

-MVP's take on CM Punk's '12-'13 push

-What WWE Hall of Famer saved Punk from getting buried in the WWE heap?

-Ken Kennedy's demise at WWE and Kennedy's relationship with Randy Orton

-Major booking plans for Ken Kennedy that were scrapped.

-The mystery of Stevie Ray of Harlem Heat

-MVP's negative experiences on former WWE Senior VP of Creative Brian Gewirtz

-KonnaNN BREAKING NEWS: MVP to host a new TV series?

-Best. WWE. Diva. *****. MVP highlights his top prospects.

-Eve and Vince McMahon

-Konnan interrogates MVP about mingling with WWE Divas

-Konnan asks MVP what WWE diva begged for the Muscle?

-WWE's Signature Pharmacy scandal

-MVP cornering Dave Bautista for his MMA debut

-MVP explains the post fight beef between Bautista and Vince Lucero

-Will Dave Bautista fight again in a MMA cage or a steel cage? MVP hooks it with some insight

-What Dave Bautista is looking to do next

-What UFC main eventer kicked Bautista in the head?

-What did Bautista do with his big MMA debut payday? You might be stunned!

-MVP using Spanish in Prison and negotiating between the various prison gangs

-Is there a way to beat the WWE drug testing?

-MVP's take on WWE's internal shake up

-MVP attending Rosenberg of Hot 97's wedding

-Did Cranky Vince reveal his true identity last Monday? Saint Laurent shares his Cranky Vince theory about WHO is behind. MVP & Bauer give their take.

-The changes happening at New Japan

-Tensai's WWE run vs. Giant Bernard's New Japan run

-Konnan wrestling Chris Benoit in New Japan

-New Japan house show style matches

-MVP and Konnan static?!

-Does MVP (or anyone) watch TNA?

-Norman Smiley: international diplomat extroadinare!

-Konnan looks for a new TV buddy to enjoy Sons of Anarchy with!

-Best rapper backstage at WWE

-What MONSTER heel in WWE writes poetry?!

-What WWE wrestler joined MVP at Rosenberg of Hot 97's wedding?

-Plus much, much more!

• Jose
  • •07/31/1987
  • Bay Area
  • •Royal Rumble 1998 in San Jose, CA
  • Edge, Bret Hart, The Rock
  • •Dolph Ziggler, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton
  • •Been a fan since I could remember, I always try to keep up with the NT post but dont post too often anymore. I want to watch a Wrestlemania live in the near future.

Last edited:
"Working on Episode 99 of Z! True Long Island Story. A MAJOR announcement will be made. #OneeleVEnthiRteen"

Either he's done with WWE, the show, or its for that stupid music video he's made/making :lol: :smh:

I forgot how bad Sunny was in her prime
mean.gif

Birth Date: 7/2/??
Favorite Live Event Attended: WCW Starrcade1998 at the MCI/Verizon Center. Goldberg's winning streak was broke....
All Time Favorite Wrestlers: Shawn Michaels,Bret Hart,Mr.Perfect,Rock and Sting
Current Favorite Wrestlers: CM Punk,Dolph Ziggler,Daniel Bryan,Antonio Cessaro
Other: I started watching wrestling back in the 80's. I used to go to all the old WWF house shows at the Capitol Center

2013 Predictions:

Rock loses to Punk via interference from the Shield
Rock wins Elimination Chamber
Cena wins the belt back at Mania
Punk faces Taker at Mania and will be WWE match of the year
Batista makes his return

Last edited:
Birth Date: 7/2/198..
Favorite Live Event Attended: WCW Monday Nitro. July 6, 1998. The night Golberg beat Hogan for the strap.
All Time Favorite Wrestlers: William Regal, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels
Current Favorite Wrestlers: Ziggler, Punk, D.Bry, Ambrose
Other: I fade in and out on wrestling, but at this point I'm going to be fan for life. Couldn't stop if I wanted to.

Birth Date: 8)

Favorite Live Event Attended: SummerSlam 2005. Man, I got a chance to see Hogan, HBK, and the Undertaker's entrance LIVE? I got to see Eddie vs. Rey. I got to hear my first, "Lets go Cena..........Let's go Jericho" chant.

All Time Favorite Wrestlers: Great Muta, 1990s Rey Mysterio JR, Jushin Thunder Liger

Current Favorite Wrestlers: I don't care about anybody right now to be honest.

Other: I love wrestling man. I really do. I miss WCW, always have, always will. I start to shake on Saturday around noon because that used to be the time when I used to watch WCW Worldwide. I used to come home from Kung-Fu class to watch WCW Worldwide. Sometime I try to watch some Worldwide Episodes on YouTube around that time if I am home. WCW meant so much to me man. Cruiserweights, Japanese wrestlers coming in to invade during 1995. Great era in wrestling man. I loveD what wrestling was.

dob: 11/1990
Favorite event attended: n/a
all time favs : really its too many to name but....Razor Ramon,Triple H ,Diesel
Current favs: n/a
other: i've been out the loop since around 2005-06,went to TLC in 2011,my brother is getting me back into it tho.i bought tickets to wrestlemania in april so i figure i might as well get back into the story and everything.

Last edited:
they have to make the wrestlers that come in seem relevant , so i have no problem with them mentioning the wwe.... similar to wcw mentioning wwf starts in 96
Razor Ramon and Diesel certainly were a lot more recognizable than Mike Knox

. I have heard of Mike Knox and still was like
indifferent.gif

NJPW “WRESTLE KINGDOM 7 ~EVOLUTION~ IN TOKYO DOME”, 1/4/13 (WPW/PPV/iPPV)
Tokyo Dome
29,000 Fans

0-1. Wataru Inoue, Tama Tonga & Captain New Japan beat Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado (5:58) when Tonga used the Headshrinker on Jado.
0-2. Ryusuke Taguchi, KUSHIDA & BUSHI beat Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Hiromu Takahashi (7:12) when BUSHI used a Firebird splash on Takahashi.

Special 8 Man Tag Match: Manabu Nakanishi, MVP, Strong Man & Akebono beat Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Yujiro Takahashi & Bob Sapp (7:53) when Nakanishi used an Argentine backbreaker on Iizuka.
NEVER Openweight Title: Masato Tanaka ZERO1 (c) beat Shelton Benjamin (6:41) with the Sliding D (1st defense).
IWGP Tag Team Title: Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (c) beat Hirooki Goto & Karl Anderson (10:52) when Smith used the Killer bomb on Goto (2nd defense).
Special Singles Match: Yuji Nagata beat Minoru Suzuki (17:03) with a backdrop hold.
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title – 3WAY Match: Prince Devitt (c) beat Low Ki & Kota Ibushi Dramatic Dream Team (14:45) with an avalanche-style Bloody Sunday on Ibushi (1st defense).
Special Tag Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima beat Keiji Muto All Japan & Shinjiro Otani ZERO1 (15:36) when Tenzan used a moonsault press on Otani.
Special Singles Match: Togi Makabe beat Katsuyori Shibata (8:37) with a King Kong kneedrop.
Double Main Event I – IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) beat Kazushi Sakuraba (11:12) with the Boma Ye (4th defense).
Double Main Event II – IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) beat Kazuchika Okada (33:34) with the High Fly Flow (6th defense).

Ishii confronted Tanaka at the press conference, so this seems to be the next NEVER title match. Quite surprisingly, there were no other challenges issued today, so it remains to be seen who'll face Tana next. Nagata seems most likely right now, but then again he is involved with NOAH over the coming month.

The announced attendance surprised everyone in the Ustream chat when it broke, because the Dome was visibly more packed than it had been in quite sometime, yet they announced 40,000+ for the last two shows. Normally you'd think that they'd have announced something like 50,000 given the obvious surge in attendance, but no such thing was done. The reason for this was given by President Sugabayashi after the show. He said that 29,000 was the paid attendance, not counting the tickets given to sponsors for free, while in the past they merged those two for the final number. This will apparently be the standard from now on. So without sugar-coating they basically said: "We pretty much lied to you in the past about attendances, but since we're making numbers that don't cause us to hide in shame anymore we'll publish the real ones from now on."

Also, Low-Ki wrestled in the 'Hitman" suit.

I don't think I have ever watched a full NJPW show in its entirety.

Michinoku Pro is a different story.

Last edited:
Name: Ezra
Birth: 9.24.90
Favorite Live Event: RAW February 10,2003 (Made it on TV, the kid holding the "Bischoff times up sign") :lol:
All Time Favorite Wrestler: The Rock
Current Favorite Wrestlers: The Rock, Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow

Back
Top Bottom