Wrestling Thread Feb 4-10 | 2/7 Impact from England - Sting/Bully v Aces & 8's

20130131_EP_Large_5pt_Preview_VinceBrock_L.jpg

20130201_BrunoAlumni_LARGE_R.jpg

My crazy work schedule continues, and it isn't slowing down anytime soon.  I just booked travel for work for the first three weeks of March to Michigan (shoot me).  Anyway...

I will have the NTWT Royal Rumble PPV Prediction Contest posted by the time Raw ends tonight.  I apologize they haven't been posted sooner, but I just haven't had time.  I will work on them straight through Raw until they are done.

Last week, Brock Lesnar made his (surprise) return to WWE laying out Vince McMahon with an F5, much to the falsified dismay of Paul Heyman.  Vince McMahon sold a broken hip from Brock's F5.  While Vince wasn't actually injured from the F5, he does in fact need hip surgery, and this is being used as the excuse.

Brock Lesnar will be on tonight's Raw.  He will also be on Raw on February 25th from Dallas, Texas, March 11th from Indianapolis, Indiana, and  April 1st from Washington, DC.

I don't know if HHH will be on tonight's show, but he will be back soon so get revenge for Vince and set up his match with Brock.

Paul Heyman will be on miztv tonight.  Please, please, PLEASE GOD.  Don't make a farmer.  Make Brock Lesnar snap miz's neck and end his career on the spot.  I hope he never walks again.

The Rock will NOT be at tonight's Raw.  This will be the only Raw that The Rock misses between now and WrestleMania.  Undoubtably CM Punk will get plenty of shots in on Mr. Hollywood.

Elimination Chamber is 13 days away.  I figure we will get a Cena, Sheamus, Orton vs The Shield match set up tonight, possibly inside the Elimination Chamber.

BRUNO SAMMARTINO, “THE LIVING LEGEND”

TO ENTER WWE[emoji]174[/emoji] HALL OF FAME

STAMFORD, Conn., February 4, 2013 – WWE (NYSE:WWE) announced today that Bruno Sammartino will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame at a ceremony on Saturday, April 6, 2013 at Madison Square Garden.

Sammartino, nicknamed “The Living Legend,” is a two-time WWE Champion and the longest reigning WWE Champion in history, holding the title for a combined 11 years.  His first title reign began on May 17, 1963, where he defeated “Nature Boy” Buddy Rogers at Madison Square Garden.  After losing the Championship in 1971, he regained the title on December 10, 1973, defeating Stan Stasiak at Madison Square Garden, holding the Championship until April 30, 1977.  When he retired from the ring, Sammartino became a color commentator for WWE’s syndicated Superstars program and stepped back into the ring on special occasions.  After his departure in 1988, Sammartino was openly critical of WWE, and for many years declined the offer to be inducted into WWE’s Hall of Fame, citing concerns with WWE’s content and culture. 

“For my fans around the world, I am pleased to be joining the WWE Hall of Fame, especially at Madison Square Garden,” said Bruno Sammartino. 

“Having sold out more than 200 shows at Madison Square Garden and being the longest reigning WWE champion in history, Bruno Sammartino is truly ‘The Living Legend,’” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman and CEO.  “This is an extraordinary and historic moment to have Bruno take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame.”

Much more on this tonight and tomorrow as Dave Meltzer is very close to Bruno and will have a lot of insight on the situation.

NTWT Royal Rumble PPV Prediction Contest Results
  • 94 entrants (2nd highest total ever only behind WM 28)
  • 1000 possible total points
  • High Score: 670
  • Low Score: 170
  • Avg Score: 450
  • 3.3% correctly predicted 4 matches
  • 33% correctly predicted Team Hell No to win
  • 98% correctly predicted Alberto Del Rio to win
  • Only 33% correctly predicted The Rock to leave as WWE Champion
  • 52% correctly predicted the shortest Rumble entrant to last 5-19 seconds, 38% correctly predicted the longest Rumble entrant to last 40-49 minutes, and 55% correctly predicted the most Rumble eliminations to be 5-6, the majority in each of these categories.
  • 57% correctly predicted John Cena to win the Royal Rumble.  The next most were Dolph Ziggler with 15%, Randy Orton with 10%, and Ryback with 6%.
  • Essential1 and drewj84 correctly predicted that #19 would be the entrant to win the Royal Rumble.  Unfortunately they selected Daniel Bryan and Ryback respectively to win.
  • The most popular entrance numbers were #1 and #18 with 10%.  No one selected #30.
Congratulations to our winner, goofy08, a newcomer to the contest.  I hope to see you around throughout the year.

The next contest is in just 12 days for Elimination Chamber.

I will now work on compiling all of the 2013 Predictions and Member info from a few weeks back.

rr1h.jpg
rr2e.jpg

Last edited:
Bruno will be on Wrestling Observer Radio within the next few days to talk all the details.

He will also be be part of at least one DVD release.

Bruno in HOF. Word to The Game for helping this happen.

Last edited:
Looking forward to tonight's show. I'm a long time wrestling fan, but never got to see Sammartino wrestle so it's not as relevant to me but I know he's a legend and is very deserving of the Hall of Fame, so I'm glad the WWE (HHH from what I'm hearing) patched things up with him at least to induct.

Can someone give me cliffs of why Bruno had beef with Vince?
4w, correct me if I'm wrong. 

I think it's because Bruno hates what Vince did to the industry. Made it too gimmicky and corporate. Bruno is a wrestling purist if there ever was one

Currently watching some NXT Bo Dallas match they're showing before Raw. Oh my goodness, dude is so damn boring. Real Life Create A Wrestler Moveset #1.

Edit: Dude won on a belly to belly suplex 
tired.gif

Last edited:
Currently watching some NXT Bo Dallas match they're showing before Raw. Oh my goodness, dude is so damn boring. Real Life Create A Wrestler Moveset #1.

Edit: Dude won on a belly to belly suplex 
tired.gif
I have faith in Dallas. I just have A LOT more faith in his brother.

Back
Top Bottom