Wrestling Thread Jan 27-Feb 9 | 2/3 RAW - New Age Outlaws v Rhodes Brothers for Titles in a STEEL CA

How can you not love The Big Guy?
laugh.gif

I think people have the 2006-2010 DX too fresh on their minds to appreciate DX at their peak :lol: they were just as awesome as the NWO. That original VHS they had was great, paled in comparison to when they reformed in 06, acting like the Outlaws, X-PAC and Chyna had nothing to do with them

3MB :smokin

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks HBK wasn't great on the mic needs to look at his OG Dx stuff. His promos from 1997/98 and 2005 are up there with Flair, Foley, Austin, Rock, and Terry FUnk. Probably because he legitimately hated the guys he was working with :lol:

Not saying Shawn did have some really good moments on the mic..And I'm sorry but there's no HBK promo, or group of promos, that can put him on the level of Flair, Austin, Foley, or the Rock..And that's why I can never give Shawn a 10/10 rating..His mic work isn't even in the top 20..

Not saying Shawn did have some really good moments on the mic..And I'm sorry but there's no HBK promo, or group of promos, that can put him on the level of Flair, Austin, Foley, or the Rock..And that's why I can never give Shawn a 10/10 rating..His mic work isn't even in the top 20..

Can you name 20 wrestlers with better mic skills than him? I think maybe some people down grade him because of the boring promos he gave from 2002-present but when Shawn was on almost nobody could touch him.

speaking of Vader, Keyfable Commentaries has a new interview with him chronicling the year of 93 in WCW

Shawn michaels is my all time favorite wrestler, but none of his promos are that great. I've gone back and watched 97 Shawn promos and I remembered them being better than what they actually are. He doesn't suck, but he doesn't really say that much to put butts in the seats. Still entertaining, but definitely not in flair or rocky's class. In ring work wil never be touched though

Can you name 20 wrestlers with better mic skills than him? I think maybe some people down grade him because of the boring promos he gave from 2002-present but when Shawn was on almost nobody could touch him.

HBK is a charismatic mofo. I think that leads most to remember him being a better talker than he really was.

Flair, Foley, Rock, Austin, Piper, Punk, Jericho, Angle, HHH, Ted Dibiase, Jesse Ventura, Dusty, Cena, Jake the Snake, Macho Man, Hogan, Vince McMahon, Edge, Heel Bret, Hall, JBL, Lawler, Booker T, DDP were all better imo. Some are arguable, most aren't.

That being said, HBK's general charisma and in ring work are virtually unrivaled.

Last edited:
I think people have the 2006-2010 DX too fresh on their minds to appreciate DX at their peak :lol: they were just as awesome as the NWO. That original VHS they had was great, paled in comparison to when they reformed in 06, acting like the Outlaws, X-PAC and Chyna had nothing to do with them

3MB :smokin

No

HBK is a charismatic mofo. I think that leads most to remember him being a better talker than he really was.

Flair, Foley, Rock, Austin, Piper, Punk, Jericho, Angle, HHH, Ted Dibiase, Jesse Ventura, Dusty, Cena, Jake the Snake, Macho Man, Hogan, Vince McMahon, Edge, Heel Bret, Hall, JBL, Lawler, Booker T, DDP were all better imo. Some are arguable, most aren't.

That being said, HBK's general charisma and in ring work are virtually unrivaled.

Half your list I agree with. The other half are head scratchers.

Edge? No way in hell is edge touching HBK.

Booker T?

Hall?

JBL?????

There was only one night I remember the entire DX crew was together including HBK, Chyna, HHH, Pac, & the Outlaws. It was the night Shawn turned on the Corp. Every other time members were in, then out, or feuding with eachother. Worst DX was def the horrible butchering when it was just Shawn & Shovel H

Half your list I agree with. The other half are head scratchers.

Edge? No way in hell is edge touching HBK.

Booker T?

Hall?

JBL?????

Edge isn't head and shoulders better, but he's def up there with him. Edge was always good on the mic. HBK couldn't go a promo without stumbling over his words.

Flair
Austin
Foley
Rock
Roberts
Anderson
Jericho
Raven
Nash
Hall
Hart
Punk
HHH
DiBiase
Douglas
Taz
Undertaker
Race
Savage
Guerrero
Angle
Race
Lawler
Heenan
Edge
Heyman
Blanchard
Owen
Piper
Hennig
Rude

Should I keep going or is that enough?

Last edited:
Flair
Austin
Foley
Rock
Roberts
Anderson
Jericho
Raven
Nash
Hall
Hart
Punk
HHH
DiBiase
Douglas
Taz
Undertaker
Race
Savage
Guerrero
Angle
Race
Lawler
Heenan
Edge
Heyman
Blanchard
Owen
Piper
Hennig
Rude

:pimp: this man knows his ish

Chavo Jr's 2 part interview with Jericho on Talk is Jericho Podcast :smh:

How dude doesn't suffer from these traumatic events is beyond me. Benoit and Eddy's deaths. :smh:

Bret hart was horrible on the mic. Heel and face, dude was boring.

NWO was much better than DX but that DX theme is perfect. One of my favorite entrance themes

Flair
Austin
Foley
Rock
Roberts
Anderson
Jericho
Raven
Nash
Hall
Hart
Punk
HHH
DiBiase
Douglas
Taz
Undertaker
Race
Savage
Guerrero
Angle
Race
Lawler
Heenan
Edge
Heyman
Blanchard
Owen
Piper
Hennig
Rude

Keep going since half that list is suspect

I wasn't watching wrestling during that 06-10 time period, so I'm not even thinking about that at all.

NWO >>> DX

Back
Top Bottom