Wrestling Thread January 2nd-31st/NXT Takeover Tonight At 8PM ET/NTWT Royal Rumble Info On Page 1/Ro

gUn1ffC.gif

Last edited:
Raymond Rowe with the one winged angel...Nakamura getting the NXT marks to speak Japanese. Dude might really be the most over guy on the planet lol

is it me or these young cats doing that slap when they kick more often? it's like they aren't even trying to hide it and looks so obvious
No different than the 90s.

Go watch the cruiserweight division in WCW.

Parka
Silver King
Rey
Juvie

All abused it

No different than the 90s.

Go watch the cruiserweight division in WCW.

Parka
Silver King
Rey
Juvie

All abused it

First time I remember really noticing it live was the Super Crazy vs Tajiri feud in ECW, but looking back it was definitely prevalent in the Lucha and Japanese matches in 1990s WCW. Seeing super crazy and especially Tajiri do it in ECW, the first few times it was shocking hearing that sound until you figured out where it was coming from. Really added a lot to the match especially when everything was in Standard def at midnight on the Spanish channel recorded on VHS. Now it's kind of pointless, but I assume it still adds to the experience for kids and guys who don't get that they're slapping their thighs.

Last edited:
No different than the gut kicking in the corner while simultaneously jumping about two inches off the ground with other leg for sound effects.

To me, it's part of the acceptance of disbelief. Otherwise guys like Lesnar and Angle would never lose matches.

Last edited:
Damn good conversation

Kenny G holds the Guinness Book Of World Records for longest single note played on a saxophone! He played that note for 45 minutes! He's telling that story, remembering his make or break moment on Johnny Carson (complete with a "you'll never work in this town again!"), and sharing the stories behind his professional music debut (he was in highschool), opening for Whitney Houston, his Starbucks connection, and how he became so dang big in China!

Kenny G on Talk Is Jericho - EP316 - Talk Is Jericho http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=593&pid=1700045

@brendasdeadbaby

First time I remember really noticing it live was the Super Crazy vs Tajiri feud in ECW, but looking back it was definitely prevalent in the Lucha and Japanese matches in 1990s WCW. Seeing super crazy and especially Tajiri do it in ECW, the first few times it was shocking hearing that sound until you figured out where it was coming from. Really added a lot to the match especially when everything was in Standard def at midnight on the Spanish channel recorded on VHS. Now it's kind of pointless, but I assume it still adds to the experience for kids and guys who don't get that they're slapping their thighs.
Yea, Tajiri is probably public enemy #1 when it comes to smacking his leg on kicks.

So yea, not a, "These wrestles today" thing by any stretch

Kurt Angle wants Steve Austin to induct him into WWE Hall of Fame

Kurt Angle will be enshrined into the WWE Hall of Fame in March, and he's already decided who he'd like to induct him.

Speaking with Sports Illustrated's Justin Barrasso, the Olympic gold medalist said "Stone Cold" Steve Austin should get the honors.

That's a no-brainer. I had just started with WWE and had a program with Austin right after I beat Rock for the world title. I had a quick skit with Stephanie and Triple H, and then it was right on to Austin. We had some memorable feuds and some very funny segments, so he is at the top of my list.

Steve was one of the most giving individuals. He took me in and allowed me to shine even when it was still his time. I don't ever compare myself to Stone Cold. He is the guy who elevated wrestling to a level that nobody ever went before, but he enabled me to show my talents when he very well could have said no. He was a very giving individual, and he is one of the guys who had the biggest impact on my career.

I havnt cried since Cam got shot and had to drive himself to the ER.

Im def gonna cry when Kurt does his HoF speech

Does TNA have any the best of dvds of Kurt? Ive seen his match with AJ and Roode but I want to see everything now

I havnt cried since Cam got shot and had to drive himself to the ER.

Im def gonna cry when Kurt does his HoF speech

Does TNA have any the best of dvds of Kurt? Ive seen his match with AJ and Roode but I want to see everything now

This came out in 2008

View media item 2304497
Was trying to find a proper match listing, but had to pull this from amazon
1.VS SAMOA JOE-this match happened at “Genesis” 2006 and was Angle’s first match in TNA. It was also against the undefeated Samoa Joe who had been smashing people. This was a back and forth match that would see both men do everything they could to get that win. Both men looked great in this match and had the crowd chanting “this is awesome”. Angle ends the year and a half streak that Joe had built.

2.VS SAMOA JOE-the rematch took place at “Turning Point” that same year and was another classic. This was a battle between the two with some clever reversals. These two are magic together and this match is proof of that. It is Joe this time that takes the win evening the score cards out. This was an excellent match.

3.[IRONMAN MATCH]VS SAMOA JOE-this was the rubber match at “Final Resolution”. Like the first two matches this one was a battle. This time though there was a time limit in which you had to get as many falls as possible to win. So just before the half way mark Joe gets the first win by submission after a great back and forth. Angle evens the score a little past the half way point though with a submission of his own. They continue the war going at each other hard until Angle takes the lead with another ankle lock right before they reach ten minutes left. Joe evens it out with the first pin fall of the match, but Angle gets a pin of his own around the five minute mark. From there they just beat on each other right to the end with Joe almost evening it up but Angle is saved by the bell.

4.[KING OF THE MOUNTAIN]VS SAMOA JOE VS CHRISTIAN CAGE VS AJ STYLES VS CHRIS HARRIS-this was a stable at the time for Slammiversary, the King of the Mountain match which was actually brought back recently. In this match you basically do the opposite of a normal ladder match. In this one you have to climb it and hang the belt up, of course you have to get a win during the match to be able to do that. There is also the fact that if you do get pinned or submitted you have to spend time in a cage, sounds crazy but it is actually really fun. I love all of these guys so I knew this was going to an excellent match, and it was. Everybody shines here as it has spot after spot and many great moments. The action is all over the place of course in and out of the ring. Going off of the cage, multiple ladder moments and all kinds of spots happen here in this match. Angle of course ends up winning this and the title, great match.

5.[TNA, X, TAG, & IWGP TITLES]VS SAMOA JOE-this match was for all of the gold in TNA and even the IWGP title. Angle had the TNA and IWGP belts while Joe had the X and Tag titles [which he won while teaming with Kurt. Also in the storyline here Kurt’s wife at the time Karen was leaving Kurt and was at ringside with her new man during the match. This match took place at Hard Justice in 2007 and like their previous encounters was a great match.

6.[X DIVISION TITLE]VS JAY LETHAL-this match at No Surrender 2007 would go on to become one of if not the biggest upset in TNA history. Jay Lethal was a huge underdog here and he went toe to toe with the Olympic Gold Medalist. This is a great match in which the arrogant Angle starts out dominating the match. Still as the match goes on Lethal starts to mount a great comeback. He eventually scores the clean win on Angle after a roll up, it was a wonderful and very exciting match.

7.[TNA TITLE]VS STING-just as Shawn Michaels is “Mr. Wrestlemania” Sting was TNA’s “Mr. Bound for Glory” as this was his event and 2007 was more of the same winning ways for the man. This match for Angle’s world title was another fun and classic battle between the two. Both men looked great here, Angle in particular. A friend of both men, Kevin Nash, got involved her turning against Sting to help Angle. Still it made no difference as Sting went on to capture the title once again at his event.

8.[TNA TITLE]VS STING-this was the rematch from the previous bout and like the last one was a really fun one. This was on free TV on Impact which was on Spike at the time. Great back and forth action between the two with Nash getting involved once again except this time it works in Angle’s favor. He regains the title and then makes an enemy of former buddy Nash. Another great battle between these two.

9.[IWGP TITLE]VS YUJI NAGATA-the main event of Global Impact in 2008 would see a classic put on by these two men over in Japan. Great match in which both men showcase their wonderful talents going at it hard. The Japanese fans were really into this and rightfully so as the story told here was great. Hard fought battle between two legends with Angle coming out on top.

10.[TNA TITLE CAGE MATCH]VS SAMOA JOE-this match was at Lockdown and was a “Six Sides of Steel” match and other classic between these two rivals. MMA fighters and legends in my mind Frank Trigg and Marcus Davis were a part of this match, Trigg as a commentator and Davis presenting the winner with the belt. This match was a title versus career match with Joe’s career on the line. This was a hard hitting war in which Joe takes home the title and saves his career in TNA. Excellent match, classic.

I forgot about Frank Trigg being involved in some Kurt Angle storylines :lol: :lol: he started dressing like him and looking just like Kurt, it was pretty funny

Last edited:
This came out in 2008

View media item 2304497
Was trying to find a proper match listing, but had to pull this from amazon
1.VS SAMOA JOE-this match happened at “Genesis” 2006 and was Angle’s first match in TNA. It was also against the undefeated Samoa Joe who had been smashing people. This was a back and forth match that would see both men do everything they could to get that win. Both men looked great in this match and had the crowd chanting “this is awesome”. Angle ends the year and a half streak that Joe had built.

2.VS SAMOA JOE-the rematch took place at “Turning Point” that same year and was another classic. This was a battle between the two with some clever reversals. These two are magic together and this match is proof of that. It is Joe this time that takes the win evening the score cards out. This was an excellent match.

3.[IRONMAN MATCH]VS SAMOA JOE-this was the rubber match at “Final Resolution”. Like the first two matches this one was a battle. This time though there was a time limit in which you had to get as many falls as possible to win. So just before the half way mark Joe gets the first win by submission after a great back and forth. Angle evens the score a little past the half way point though with a submission of his own. They continue the war going at each other hard until Angle takes the lead with another ankle lock right before they reach ten minutes left. Joe evens it out with the first pin fall of the match, but Angle gets a pin of his own around the five minute mark. From there they just beat on each other right to the end with Joe almost evening it up but Angle is saved by the bell.

4.[KING OF THE MOUNTAIN]VS SAMOA JOE VS CHRISTIAN CAGE VS AJ STYLES VS CHRIS HARRIS-this was a stable at the time for Slammiversary, the King of the Mountain match which was actually brought back recently. In this match you basically do the opposite of a normal ladder match. In this one you have to climb it and hang the belt up, of course you have to get a win during the match to be able to do that. There is also the fact that if you do get pinned or submitted you have to spend time in a cage, sounds crazy but it is actually really fun. I love all of these guys so I knew this was going to an excellent match, and it was. Everybody shines here as it has spot after spot and many great moments. The action is all over the place of course in and out of the ring. Going off of the cage, multiple ladder moments and all kinds of spots happen here in this match. Angle of course ends up winning this and the title, great match.

5.[TNA, X, TAG, & IWGP TITLES]VS SAMOA JOE-this match was for all of the gold in TNA and even the IWGP title. Angle had the TNA and IWGP belts while Joe had the X and Tag titles [which he won while teaming with Kurt. Also in the storyline here Kurt’s wife at the time Karen was leaving Kurt and was at ringside with her new man during the match. This match took place at Hard Justice in 2007 and like their previous encounters was a great match.

6.[X DIVISION TITLE]VS JAY LETHAL-this match at No Surrender 2007 would go on to become one of if not the biggest upset in TNA history. Jay Lethal was a huge underdog here and he went toe to toe with the Olympic Gold Medalist. This is a great match in which the arrogant Angle starts out dominating the match. Still as the match goes on Lethal starts to mount a great comeback. He eventually scores the clean win on Angle after a roll up, it was a wonderful and very exciting match.

7.[TNA TITLE]VS STING-just as Shawn Michaels is “Mr. Wrestlemania” Sting was TNA’s “Mr. Bound for Glory” as this was his event and 2007 was more of the same winning ways for the man. This match for Angle’s world title was another fun and classic battle between the two. Both men looked great here, Angle in particular. A friend of both men, Kevin Nash, got involved her turning against Sting to help Angle. Still it made no difference as Sting went on to capture the title once again at his event.

8.[TNA TITLE]VS STING-this was the rematch from the previous bout and like the last one was a really fun one. This was on free TV on Impact which was on Spike at the time. Great back and forth action between the two with Nash getting involved once again except this time it works in Angle’s favor. He regains the title and then makes an enemy of former buddy Nash. Another great battle between these two.

9.[IWGP TITLE]VS YUJI NAGATA-the main event of Global Impact in 2008 would see a classic put on by these two men over in Japan. Great match in which both men showcase their wonderful talents going at it hard. The Japanese fans were really into this and rightfully so as the story told here was great. Hard fought battle between two legends with Angle coming out on top.

10.[TNA TITLE CAGE MATCH]VS SAMOA JOE-this match was at Lockdown and was a “Six Sides of Steel” match and other classic between these two rivals. MMA fighters and legends in my mind Frank Trigg and Marcus Davis were a part of this match, Trigg as a commentator and Davis presenting the winner with the belt. This match was a title versus career match with Joe’s career on the line. This was a hard hitting war in which Joe takes home the title and saves his career in TNA. Excellent match, classic.

I forgot about Frank Trigg being involved in some Kurt Angle storylines :lol: :lol: he started dressing like him and looking just like Kurt, it was pretty funny

That's a good set.

I bought it the week it released for 75% off from the Suncoast store in the mall that was going out of business lol.

So what wcw wrestlers they gonna bring back to squash at wrestlemania this year

Glacier
Buff bagwell
Horace hogan

Prolly gonna be goldberg

Back
Top Bottom