Wrestling Thread June 17-30 | 6/24 RAW - Bryan v Orton, Punk's Response to Brock, Henry Not Retired

Source: Pwinsider.com

Take this as pure speculation, but a now-deleted Tweet by Taz has raised speculation that he may be jumping ship to WWE. The TNA announcer posted the following to Twitter today:

“Couple of big wrestling shows in my “hometown” of Brooklyn! #RedHookNearBarclay”

The tweet is no longer present on his account. WWE is taping RAW in the Barclays Center on July 15th, their first RAW in the venue. Sources within TNA have confirmed that Taz’s contract with the company is set to expire in a couple of weeks and while TNA is running a Brooklyn show on July 5th, it is not in the Barclays Center but rather MCU Field, which Taz made no reference to.

UPDATED:  According to sources, Taz’s contract could be ending earlier than believed, with a source noting that his final contracted appearance could happen as soon as Saturday’s iMPACT! Wrestling taping. That taping is for the episodes on July 4th and July 11th.

More as we get it. I can’t stress this enough – THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED AND IS ONLY RUMOR/SPECULATION!!  Stay tuned!

Source: Pwinsider.com

Take this as pure speculation, but a now-deleted Tweet by Taz has raised speculation that he may be jumping ship to WWE. The TNA announcer posted the following to Twitter today:

“Couple of big wrestling shows in my “hometown” of Brooklyn! #RedHookNearBarclay”

The tweet is no longer present on his account. WWE is taping RAW in the Barclays Center on July 15th, their first RAW in the venue. Sources within TNA have confirmed that Taz’s contract with the company is set to expire in a couple of weeks and while TNA is running a Brooklyn show on July 5th, it is not in the Barclays Center but rather MCU Field, which Taz made no reference to.

UPDATED:  According to sources, Taz’s contract could be ending earlier than believed, with a source noting that his final contracted appearance could happen as soon as Saturday’s iMPACT! Wrestling taping. That taping is for the episodes on July 4th and July 11th.

More as we get it. I can’t stress this enough – THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED AND IS ONLY RUMOR/SPECULATION!!  Stay tuned!
I'd be all for taz leaving if it brings Don west back, Heel don west was money on commentary

Only problem with that is the Big Gold would be retired in favor of the current WWE belt..Which is too horrible to think about..

Idk the current design isn't that bad to me. 10x better than the previous design IMO(which isn't saying much :lol: but still)

Last edited:
Idk the current design isn't that bad to me. 10x better than the previous design IMO(which isn't saying much :lol: but still)

Oh it's definitely better than that abortion known as the Spinner Belt, but the only belt that can come close to the BG is the Winged Eagle that HH, Bret, UT, and Savage held..

Oh it's definitely better than that abortion known as the Spinner Belt, but the only belt that can come close to the BG is the Winged Eagle that HH, Bret, UT, and Savage held..

Yeah definitely, man.

Thought the Attitude era design and the Undisputed design were great too:

2vBy2mG.jpg

GDSuoGL.jpg

Yeah definitely, man.

Thought the Attitude era design and the Undisputed design were great too:

GDSuoGL.jpg

I used to hate this belt, now I really like it and wish they would go back to it.
It looks like a legit title belt.

- Regarding the quality of WWE TV in recent weeks and how it pertains to the writers, word is that it’s not The McMahons nor the writers that should be credited, but a lot of good luck. A source says that the Mark Henry retirement ruse, as it was scripted, was good but far from the great segment it turned out to be. Henry took the segment in a direction that wasn’t planned and one that nobody saw coming.

- It looks like the physical WWE Hall of Fame will be heading to TNA’s old home after all, the Universal theme park in Orlando, Florida. Word from the park is that the NBA City table-service location is shutting down and there’s talk it will be remodeled as the WWE Hall of Fame.

- The Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena WWE Title match is now planned to co-headline SummerSlam with Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk. With WWE’s Total Divas reality show airing at that point with Cena and Bryan’s relationships with The Bella Twins being featured, it’s very likely that Brie and Nikki will be featured in the Cena-Bryan storyline.

- As seen on WWE TV, Christian has been feuding with The Shield. This will likely lead to a United States Title match at SummerSlam with Christian challenging Dean Ambrose.

- TNA has cut way back on flying people in for tapings. There are a lot of signs that point to officials worrying even more about money these days. The cost of tapings on the road with no new revenue streams and no improvement in the existing streams isn’t a good thing for the company.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- The Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena WWE Title match is now planned to co-headline SummerSlam with Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk. With WWE’s Total Divas reality show airing at that point with Cena and Bryan’s relationships with The Bella Twins being featured, it’s very likely that Brie and Nikki will be featured in the Cena-Bryan storyline.
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

:stoneface: :x

Would be better without them. Hopefully this one ends up as just a rumor.

I'm actually OK with this.

I'm actually OK with this.

- Regarding the quality of WWE TV in recent weeks and how it pertains to the writers, word is that it’s not The McMahons nor the writers that should be credited, but a lot of good luck. A source says that the Mark Henry retirement ruse, as it was scripted, was good but far from the great segment it turned out to be. Henry took the segment in a direction that wasn’t planned and one that nobody saw coming.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- You mean to tell me that wrestlers can just go with the flow and not have everything fully scripted, and good things can happen??? *prairie dog/Stephen curry zoom-in face*

- :smh: the Bellas need acting classes, and wrestling classes, or just stand ringside and look pretty, or go film some flicks

After Wrestlemania I got into a Wrestling lull that I never found myself with 20 + years of watching, I always support the product even when most of my friends grew out of it, I saw Cena, the title situation and The McMahons and HHH slowly taking more TV time....................... I..............................HAD.......................ENOUGH........

So for the last 4 Months, skim through Raw, read the SD spoilers don't even bother to look for a stream......

I stumbled unto a replay for payback and told myself What the hell, lets see what their up to......

Shield has all the Belts,
Cena is Still not dropping that belt to anyone until 2019
Del Rio turns Heel after an admitted failed Face Run

Daniel Bryan is the only reason I will tune in, I see the passion in this mans eyes, he legitmarly gives a damn about pleasing the fans and seem the be the only one who still "cares"...

CM Punk vs Brock will be what it is, lots of hype, plenty of disappointment...................

That is all...................

Back
Top Bottom