Wrestling Thread June 1st-4th/Post Extreme Rules Discussion

WWE Payback matches

WWE Championship "House of Horrors" Match -- Randy Orton (c) vs. Bray Wyatt: The WrestleMania match was an utter disappointment, so in that sense, it is good that the seven-month feud gets a conclusion here. What's strange is the stipulation that the WWE title can switch brands if Wyatt, who moved over to Raw, wins. That would leave SmackDown without a major title.

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman: In the storyline, Reigns has a separated shoulder and cracked ribs from Strowman's attack on Raw. Yet he's going to recover in time for a match at Payback? Alrighty. Expect Strowman to go over here with a rematch set for Extreme Rules on June 4.

Raw Women's Championship -- Bayley (c) vs. Alexa Bliss: The singles win over Charlotte Flair in her exit from Raw made Nia Jax look strong, and it seemed like she would get the shot. Instead, Bliss won a fatal 4way match on Raw at the expense of Jax. The former SmackDown women's champion continues to get a major push from WWE.

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe: Many expected Joe to interfere in Rollins' match with Triple H at WrestleMania. Nope. That leaves this rivalry unresolved after Joe reinjured Rollins' knee prior to the big show. Could see this going either way depending what the writers want to do with Rollins while Brock Lesnar holds the universal title.

United States Championship -- Kevin Owens (c) vs. Chris Jericho: Another SmackDown title being defended on a Raw PPV after Owens got moved over to the Tuesday show. WWE has yet to explain this clearly other than to note that the U.S. title will remain on SmackDown no matter what, meaning Jericho would switch over if he wins. What would happens to Owens if he loses remains up in the air.

Raw Tag Team Championship -- The Hardy Boyz (c) vs. Sheamus & Cesaro: Would find it hard to believe that they're going to pull the titles off the Hardyz just a few weeks after their return to WWE. There's been no character work with these guys in two weeks, which leads one to believe WWE might be haggling over some rights with Impact.

Cruiserweight Championship -- Neville (c) vs. Austin Aries: The WrestleMania kickoff show match was killer, and they will likely deliver in a similar fashion at Payback. The question is whether Neville goes over again and makes Aries a two-time loser after his hyped-up return.

WWE Payback potential matches

No universal championship match: It is shaping up for Brock Lesnar to not even defend the title on Payback considering Strowman, Reigns, Rollins, Joe and Wyatt all have matches. Plus, they're not going to throw Finn Balor to Lesnar for a squash this early, are they? That means Lesnar may not defend the universal championship until Extreme Rules on June 4 -- two months after he won it.

Intercontinental Championship -- Dean Ambrose (c) vs. The Miz: Ambrose should have dropped the belt to Baron Corbin but instead enters Raw without a feud. He and Miz went nose-to-nose last Monday, and with Sami Zayn off to SmackDown, it makes sense for him to pick up here at his new home.

1231dd950b52188a2ba6f2cccf41c8a4c7b71631_hq.jpg

Favorite wrestling image of all time :nthat:

WWE Payback matches
WWE Payback potential matches

they clearly moved the Bray vs Randy match to the Raw PPV because no Brock, Randy will win, so he can defend again on the next Smackdown PPV. They probably put that title on Randy because he's consistent, not really injury prone, and a known name. they can use him a lot while Brock does his part time thing with the other main title, and have it seem like there is still a top champion around.

What did Bray say that was so awful? He may be best served asking for his release. A gimmick with so much squandered potential.

Also, I think Mr. Mahal needs some bloodwork and urinalysis performed. And a better finisher. He's not unlikable really. His biggest "fault " is he's "Middle Eastern" and as we know foreigner = evil heel. For the record he was born in Canada and is of Indonesian/Canadian descent.

His gimmick during the promo last night made me think of him as a Middle Eastern ADR. He speaks two languages!

Last edited:
They do announce that jinder is from India but I guess most fans don't care or notice anyway since he's a heel.

- Bray Wyatt's move to Raw is considered a "punishment" due to him becoming very upset & vocal about his booking.
Dude developed one of the most interesting characters of the last 20+ years with tons of potential and then gets booked like crap for the next 5 years...Don't blame him for being vocal.

Cant wait for Jinder Juice to start using the lambo money gimmick 
pimp.gif

Son had maddd potential. Excited to see what he has instore for next week

Prob a new finisher too 
pimp.gif

Cant wait for Jinder Juice to start using the lambo money gimmick :pimp:

Son had maddd potential. Excited to see what he has instore for next week

Prob a new finisher too :pimp:  

Def he he uses a new finisher, cause the Cobra Clutch slam hasn't been a major move since Billy Gunn was using it. If done right, Jinder could come across as Middle Easter ADR, except be a MUCH better talker.

The Vegas belt Vince had made for Flair when he sent it back to Herd after Flair jumped.

Belt that was used and blurred on tv since Herd/WCW complained that this looked too much like the Big Gold.
So they used this design for the world title AND the tag team title? TIL

Vince sees that potential in India market
Every kid going to have a Jinder t-shirt by Summerslam
:pimp:

Can't wait til Tian Bing wins the title :nerd:

Last edited:
Colon's and Jinder The Juice Man did very well on Talking Smack :smokin

Charlotte not so much let's see if she can take advantage of that platform and work on her talking skills which to me are overrated.

So they used this design for the world title AND the tag team title? TIL

Probably wasnt hard to replicate the belt and the banner above the World Champion is 3 stars instead of saying Tag Team. I wonder if thats a Parks or Millican belt. It was also blurred out on tv so I guess they didnt feel it was necessary to make another Big Gold since Flair would go on to wear the Winged Eagle at the Rumble.

I marked out big time when I saw Heenan in promos talking about Flair and then raising the Big Gold on screen.

Maybe cause I grew up with the Attitude Era, but IDC for the 'Big Gold' like the majority of you guys do *Ye shrug*

Last edited:
I always prefer the Big Gold>the Winged Eagle and then they introduced the AE Winged Eagle and was like Whoa

What i don't get is that in May it is confirmed Randy VS Jinder.

So whats the point of Randy VS bray if we know Bray is going to lose.

I mean i know we pretty much knew that, but theres legit fans of bray that probably thought he was going to win.

All you need is to find a betting app and place your bets on Randy winning at Payback :lol:

Randy vs Bray is no longer for the WWE Championship. They legit just stop advertising it for the championship. It is now just a House of Horrors singles match.

Makes no sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom