Wrestling Thread Mar 22-28 | 3/23 WWE NXT - Bryan/Tarver vs Young/Otunga

Austin says he has one match left in him:
WWE Hall of Famer "Stone Cold" Steve Austin has suddenly opened the door just a crack on potentially having one more wrestling match, like many of his peers from the Attitude era.

Austin, who appeared to be in very good shape during his "Damage" DVD promotion and Raw guest-hosting gig, told Tim Baines of the Sun newspapers that he believes he has one more match in him. It's a matter of whether he wants to come back and not be "100 percent Stone Cold Steve Austin" in the ring.

"Do I have a match left in me? Absolutely. Do I want to do one more? I don't know," Austin said. "I'm very content with leaving well enough alone. I don't want to be 90 percent of what Stone Cold was."

The "I don't know" is a major change from Austin firmly saying in interviews that he has no desire to get into the ring again. Austin has maintained since his final wrestling match, which was at WrestleMania 19 in 2003, that he doesn't want to have a comeback match if he feels he can't live up to his personal expectations in the ring.

However, Austin opening the door ever-so-slightly follows Bill Goldberg suddenly announcing negotiations with WWE this week and suggesting he might want to have one more match. Also, Bret Hart shockingly returning to WWE after a 12-year absence to have one more match at WrestleMania 26 on Sunday. Also, "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson suggesting during "Tooth Fairy" movie promotion that there's a chance he would come back for one more match.

Bret Hart prided himself on being one of the top pro wrestlers in the history of the business, yet he won't be in the same condition on Sunday as he was during his prime years. Austin might be paying attention to how Hart looks on Sunday to "give himself clearance" to have that "one last match" even past his wrestling days.

Also in the interview, Austin talks about the Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon storyline, his "Damage" DVD movie, the upcoming "Expendables" movie with an all-star cast of action stars, and more. Check out the interview linked above.

Those Orlando Jordan pics.
eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
alien.gif

sick.gif

Velvet Sky.
smh.gif

pimp.gif

Whose watching the HOF ceremony tonight? I'll probably tune in if I can't find a stream for UFC 111.
nerd.gif

4w start the wm 26 thread early so that we get a chance to get our predictions in

we making predictions on the other site?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 22style

i think maryse is hotter than velvet sky...idk thats me

i concur

Originally Posted by Naija Nitmare

Does TNA really think people want to see OJ's new gimmick?

fixed
smh.gif

^their first hour could have decent ratings since they atart at 8 now

the second hour wont even be able to compete with a.m raw

we making predictions on the other site?
nerd.gif

Yeah, I'm wondering that too; over there has been dead for a minute.

I'm still waiting on DFly's Mickie James "appreciation" thread he promised months ago. Lazy %*% 
smh.gif

laugh.gif

just got around to watching all of tna and my dude Flair is still
pimp.gif
roll.gif

just wish he would stay out of the ring
tired.gif

anybody watching the hof?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

Hm, nice comparison
laugh.gif
I never thought of that one..maybe it could work then 
grin.gif

laugh.gif
Remember, Goldust was a character. So its only so far someone is going to go when "acting".

Orlando is more than a character. He lives it. He doesn't have a filter such as Dustin Rhodes. OJ has been to there and back. If He and TNA wants to, He's going to push it to the limit and further. Get your popcorn ready.
laugh.gif
This gimmick is mad ayooooo, but it just might be what TNA needs to "push the envelope"

having my annual WM party/bbq tomorrow...

I'm 10000000000000000000000000000000X's more excited than last year, I actually didn't even finish watching last years

Hm, nice comparison
laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif
Remember, Goldust was a character. So its only so far someone is going to go when "acting".

Orlando is more than a character. He lives it. He doesn't have a filter such as Dustin Rhodes. OJ has been to there and back. If He and TNA wants to, He's going to push it to the limit and further. Get your popcorn ready.
laugh.gif
I dont mean no harm but a real life gay wrestler acting all extra is just gross. I gotta feeling TNA is gonna run some people off w/ this gimmick...the good news is when this bombs theres no way to repackage him so they gotta fire him.

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

IF TNA WOULD HAVE AIRED THAT...
eek.gif
roll.gif
Its from the tv tapings! this junk is gonna air monday night
mad.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

ministry of darkness era was some of the dumbest tv in wrestling history....
Ministry of Darkness Undertaker > any other version of him
Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

snd dmh @ wwe for releasing lacey
TNA was gonna release her too before Hogan and Bischoff came along.

She can't do simple wrestling moves and has/had a lot of backstage heat for her poor attitude.

Great eye candy though.

Anyways,

WHERE IS 4DUB?

My man about to make the Wrestlemania thread 20 minutes before the show starts...
tired.gif

I can't lie, I'm looking forward to that epic Wrestlemania preview he does...
nerd.gif

last i heard 4wrestling was hanging out with orlando jordan near space mountain. he told me if he doesnt come back in time to have you do the wrestlemania thread.

seriously tho. that wrestlemania thread should have been up on thursday

Hm, nice comparison
laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I dont mean no harm but a real life gay wrestler acting all extra is just gross. I gotta feeling TNA is gonna run some people off w/ this gimmick...the good news is when this bombs theres no way to repackage him so they gotta fire him.
No harm done. I know whats going to happen. That's why I said get yo popcorn ready. Imagine the outrage when dudes start busting slobs on live TV.
laugh.gif

I personally don't want to see how far they will go 
laugh.gif
. I just know TNA is desperate for a splash in the ocean of Pro Wrestling. Its the snow ball effect. They went too far with the kissing in ring so next they'll start slow and build up to a "climax. No mo.

Its going to fail, everyone likes to say the politically correct thing, but that will go out the window as soon as they see dude put the squeeze on OJ for some juice.

My Wrestlemania 26 predictions..

Divas match – Who in the match?
Punk vs Mysterio - Punk
Randy vs Rhodes vs Dibiase - Orton

Triple H vs Sheamus- HHH
ShoMiz vs Black Magic/White Shadow – Morrison/R-Truth
Hart vs McMahon - Hart
MITB match - McIntyre
Jericho vs Edge – Jericho (IMO) (Edge is going to go for the spear and get caught by the codebreaker)

Batista vs Cena – Batista

Taker vs HBK – Taker (18-0)

The HOF telecast was wack last night. They cut out the majority of it except Bob Uecker, Gorgeous George, and Ted Dibiase. I would have at least liked to have seen Stu Hart and Antonio Inoki's induction.

I'll just post my card predictions here and copy it onto the WM thread, if there will be one.

Divas 10 Tag: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Botchfest, hopefully one or two nipple slips[/color]
ShowMiz vs Morrison/Truth: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]ShowMiz[/color], maybe with Daniel Bryan showing up or not.
MITB: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Christian[/color]
Orton vs Rhodes vs Dibiase: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Dibiase[/color], maybe with his dad coming out
Punk vs Mysterio: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Punk[/color]
HHH vs Sheamus: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]HHH[/color]
Cena vs Batista: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Cena[/color]
Bret vs Vince: Bret
Jericho vs Edge: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Jericho[/color]
HBK vs Taker: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]HBK[/color]

Back
Top Bottom