Wrestling Thread Nov 18-30 | 11/25 Raw - Cena v Orton at TLC? Happy Thanksgiving

^^There's a spot called The Greatest Bar that is right across the street. It's huge, so I'd assume the game would be on at least one of the TVs especially since the Pats don't play til 8:30.

After reading the Benoit DWOTW article, I didn't know that he almost paralyzed Sabu.

It was both of their faults.

For safety reasons, I don't mind when I hear them calling the spots to eachother.

So we're all in agreement that Kofi needs a gimmick change, cause this headband wearing "wildcat" Kofi isn't doing it :lol:

Greatest Bar is ok, but that's where the majority of the SS pre-gamers will be, or at least have been for the past few live PPV events I have attended

The bars by the fleet center suck, that area sucks in general.

I will be at SS.........:smokin

Can't wait

Two GREAT podcasts this week. Over at MLW, Konnan sat down with Mark Madden formerly of WCW and ESPN Radio Pittsburgh. And Stone Cold had Dusty Rhodes on his show. Then Colt Cabana had Stone Cold on his show. And then Bill Simmons had Steve Kerr on his show which is ALWAYS good

Game

IYO: Who of the "Janetty's" in a tag-team (including Janetty himself) had the biggest shot of becoming a superstar if given a 2nd chance (repackaging, well established manager, overcame personal demons etc)?

Any organization, any era.
Rick Steiner?

Brian Kendrick.

Matt Hardy was probably the most successful "Jenetty"

The more I watch Randy Savage, the more I realize how influential he was on CM Punk

12:01 mark 
devil.gif
 Wood Eat

Top US Indy Matches 2000-2009: Nominations - deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/929-top-us-indy-matches-2000-2009-nominations/

Game

IYO: Who of the "Janetty's" in a tag-team (including Janetty himself) had the biggest shot of becoming a superstar if given a 2nd chance (repackaging, well established manager, overcame personal demons etc)?

Any organization, any era.
Rick Steiner?

Brian Kendrick.

Matt Hardy was probably the most successful "Jenetty"

Good looks on the Rick Steiner mention. Always thought he could have been a breakout guy, but WCW never really tried to do anything with him once the Steiner's split. It was a wrap after Scott's singles push. WCW also seemed to make it look like Rick was a goof and a dummy instead of a tough guy.

It is just funny how the Blonde haired one is always the one that ends up the bigger star. HBK, Ricky Morgan, Bobby Eaton, Jeff Hardy (well). Just funny. Hair based racism. Don't let the black hair shine I guess

- It has been noted before how the decision was made to remove Daniel Bryan from the WWE Title picture and put him back on the upper mid-card with CM Punk in a feud with The Wyatt Family to help elevate that group.

Word now is that WWE officials have been second-guessing the decision to take Bryan out of the WWE Title chase and Survivor Series plans.

There’s a feeling that Bryan, in a way, helped some of WWE’s pay-per-view events because he was challenging for the WWE Title, causing some of the “smarter” fans to buy them that normally wouldn’t.

- IndianExpress.com reports that a wrestler named Rajesh Kumar is set to begin training with WWE in Japan soon. Kumar uses the name “The New Khali” and stands 7 foot 5 inches, weighing 335lbs. The 39 year old says he met WWE’s The Great Khali when he came to India two years ago and that motivated him to start training.

- Monthly price points for the WWE Network that have been discussed are $9.95, $12.95 or $14.95. Regarding WWE giving away WrestleMania XXX for free this year to help with Network sign-ups, they likely would not be giving away WrestleMania every year.

- Ring of Honor stars Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards were not offered a WWE deal after their tryout because Triple H felt they were built from the same mold as guys like Sami Callihan, Sami Zayn, Daniel Bryan or CM Punk, and WWE has enough “indie-looking” guys. A WWE source said, “Triple H feels we have enough Tyson Kidds.”

With Richards and Edwards currently at the WWE Performance Center for a week-long tryout, many fans have been wondering what led to WWE bringing them back. Word is that William Regal went to Triple H and really fought for Richards and Edwards, explaining that they are really good in the ring and deserved to get another look.

Many feel that this week-long tryout may be a precursor to Edwards and Richards being signed to a short three-month deal. The duo may be finishing up with Ring of Honor at the December 14th Final Battle event.

I hate the whole bias of a wrestlers "look"....if they can go and can put two sentences together, hire them.

I mean, how did Mason Ryan work out? all that dude is is the "look"...can't speak, zero charisma and is fake strong. he's an inflated balloon.

I think they'd only show repeats of Raw (and maybe Smackdown) on the network.

People might pay for it. But I guess it remains to be seen if it is going to be successful.

Ok. I wonder will the Network be successful tho. Are people really that interested to pay a premium price for it?

I'd pay for the channel, but I'd have to know how much ECW content was going to be shown..And I'd need to know if the shows we're going to have the same music and commentary..If someone was dubbed over Joey Styles' voice I'd cancel it in a heartbeat..I'd also want old school WCW..I'd OD on Flair, Sting, Vader, Road Warriors, Steiners, and Horsemen videos..

Back
Top Bottom