Wrestling Thread Oct 10-16 | 10/16 TNA Bound for Glory - Angle vs Roode, Sting vs Hogan

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

laugh.gif
@ people who ordered this, what a joke

Top to bottom, this show was better than Mania.  So if you look at it on the scale of how good each company's biggest show of the year was, that's a plus for TNA.
The negatives of this PPV were the women's match, Daniels/Styles, and the finish to the main event.

Overall, still a slightly thumbs up PPV for me.

I disagree. 
Overall WM27 wasn't great, but Orton/Punk and Taker/HHH were far better than any match on this show.
Not one BFG match stood out to me as anything special that I would ever take the time to watch again.

Not a bad show, but not great.

Originally Posted by YardFather

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

laugh.gif
@ people who ordered this, what a joke

Top to bottom, this show was better than Mania.  So if you look at it on the scale of how good each company's biggest show of the year was, that's a plus for TNA.
The negatives of this PPV were the women's match, Daniels/Styles, and the finish to the main event.

I disagree. 
Overall WM27 wasn't great, but Orton/Punk and Taker/HHH were far better than any match on this show.
Not one BFG match stood out to me as anything special that I would ever take the time to watch again.

My opinion is probably skewed because I felt extremely taken having actually paid $65 for WM.
Honestly I don't remember Orton/Punk.
Taker vs HHH is the only memorable match for me.  I also remember the finish of the main event with The Rock, but that was memorable for being awful.

I disagree. 

Agreed.

I disagree. 

My opinion is probably skewed because I felt extremely taken having actually paid $65 for WM.
Honestly I don't remember Orton/Punk.
Taker vs HHH is the only memorable match for me.  I also remember the finish of the main event with The Rock, but that was memorable for being awful.

Orton/Punk is the overlooked hidden gem of the show. Really good match.
The whole Rock involvement with the show wasn't good imo. The opening promo and the ending. The main event match itself was awful as well.

I really really hope WM28 delivers. There's potential for it to be one of the better Mania's in recent history. If it sucks, I will consider giving up on the WWE.

First Induction Of 2012 WWE Hall Of Fame Set

Mil Mascaras is reportedly set to be inducted into the 2012 class of the WWE Hall of Fame.

Mascaras himself has confirmed the news. He is the uncle of Alberto Del Rio and is a legend internationally. He was scheduled for todays Smackdown taping in Mexico.

I disagree. 

this.
i didn't catch the roode/angle match

but this ppv was just ok.

not great not bad. just ok.

was it the best ppv tna has put on this year? no. 

one of the best? behind destination x. yes.

but this ppv was just good by tna's standards. but that's not saying much.

i guess when compared to 8 other garbage ppv's people can have that same night high of thinking this was a great ppv.

i agree with 4wrestling.

got damn that ref oufit that karen angle was wearin and rosita in a mini yum

that bull %%%% ending made me mad tho

it was actually a good ppv. but since no title change after the house show in cali im done with tna

I guess I probably would've enjoyed the post match stuff a lot more if I had actually been following the angle.
Actually probably not, because the ending really made no sense 
laugh.gif

Like I said, I just took it for what it was.  The wrestling wasn't good.  The angle didn't make sense.  But two of the biggest legends in wrestling went out on top with the crowd loving it.  I enjoyed it.

spot on. im sure the whole hogan turning face to help sting at the end made most of the crowd go home happy. with that %$$% finish in the title match maybe this match should have went on last
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Samoa Joe is a shell of his former self
Joe can still go, though.

But the fact that he now looks like Adrion Adonis really takes away from his character. He is no longer intimidating.
roll.gif

i wanna know who Crimson blew to get this type of undefeated push. The guy is pure trash. Dude also looks like a stick figure so no way in hell am i believing joe lost to a spear from a stick figure...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Joe can still go, though.

But the fact that he now looks like Adrion Adonis really takes away from his character. He is no longer intimidating.
roll.gif

i wanna know who Crimson blew to get this type of undefeated push. The guy is pure trash. Dude also looks like a stick figure so no way in hell am i believing joe lost to a spear from a stick figure...

A very weak looking spear as well. I really don't like the spear as a finishing move after seeing Goldberg spear people out of their shoes as a setup to his finisher.

Crimson is garbage to me too. Not really a fan of Gunner either.

Raw Spoilers for Tonight
Spoiler [+]
Show opened with a John Laurinaitis interview.  They pushed really hard the angle of Laurinaitis firing Jim Ross, since they are now doing that as an angle after so many people clicked off Raw during the show last week.  So he announced the main event as John Cena & Jim Ross vs. Alberto Del Rio & Michael Cole.

Mark Henry & Cody Rhodes & Christian b Randy Orton & Sheamus & John Morrison - There were two sets of post-match brawls, one with Orton vs. Rhodes and the other with Christian vs. Sheamus, so both are likely on Vengeance.

Orton vs. Rhodes was announced officially.

Eve Torres b Natalya

Phoenix vs. Torres was announced for Vengeance.

C.M. Punk b The Miz - Laurinaitis got some sort of a legal document forcing HHH to leave the ring.  After the match, Miz & R-Truth beat down Punk.

Vickie Guerrero announced Kingston & Bourne vs. Swagger & Ziggler for the PPV.

Zack Ryder b Jack Swagger.  Post-match saw Ziggler and Swagger beating down Ryder until Mason Ryan mae the save.  So if the titles change, expect Ryder & Ryan as a team.

Dolph Ziggler b Mason Ryan via DQ.  Ryan didn't break at the count of five.

They announced Sin Cara Azul vs. Sin Cara Negro in a mask vs. mask match tomorrow night.  Yep, no interviews with either, even if it was just for the live crowd.  I guess Sin Cara not knowing English means he wouldn't know how to cut a promo to draw money in Mexico.

John Cena & Jim Ross b Alberto Del Rio & Michael Cole.  Ross beat Cole with the ankle lock submission.

They announced Del Rio vs. Cena at the PPV will be a last man standing match.

Smackdown Spoilers for Friday
Spoiler [+]
Alberto Del Rio came out first and said that it was a historic night in Mexico City, but that he wouldn't be wrestling.  Teddy Long then came out and told him he was wrestling Big Show.

Mark Henry b John Morrison with the world's strongest slam

Teddy Long announced Sheamus vs. Christian and Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder for the U.S. title at Vengeance.  If that's the case, the match announced last night with Ziggler & Jack Swagger vs. Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne must have been dropped.

Wade Barrett b Daniel Bryan (said to be a long, very good match)

Sheamus & Zack Ryder b Christian & Dolph Ziggler

Sin Cara Azul b Sin Cara Negro in a mask vs. mask match.  This got over a lot bigger here than the match got over onthe PPV.

HHH introduced Mil Mascaras and announced him as going into the WWE Hall of Fame.   This was probably not taped for Smackdown.

Big Show b Alberto Del Rio via DQ due to interference from Ricardo Rodriguez.  The show ended with a staredown between Show and Mark Henry

Backstage Reaction to Tonight's Raw
--Negative reactions live from Mexico City to Raw.  The obvious complaint was too much talking (in English), and not enough wrestling.  Having Jim Ross and Michael Cole in the main event means nothing there because the commentary in that country is translated into Spanish, so they have no emotional connection to the announcers.  But they did get a John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio title match after Raw ended.  Show was described as an average Raw overall but bad show for the live market.

^^^cant say im shocked the raw in mexico sucked.

u know, with wwe and tna being bad with their shows, storylines, ppvs, tv shows, maybe theres nothing left in pro wrestling thats creative.

we are all expecting it to get better but maybe that day wont come.

this is why there are such high expectations for the NTWE

Back
Top Bottom