WWE Money in the Bank PPV 7/15 - Punk v Bryan w/ AJ as Ref, Two MITB Matches | Pred. Contest p22

20120705_LARGE_raw_AJ_C.jpg

Sorry guys, I was swamped at work today and have to run to a softball game now.  No time for a preview.  I'll be back for tonight's Raw.

Thanks Lobo for the WWE Universe [emoji]174[/emoji] Approved Raw Preview.  I did have to make one edit though....

RAW PREVIEW

Don’t cue the Kiss Cam just yet: AJ’s smooch with CM Punk last week was less a declaration of affection than a harbinger of doom, as the befuddled WWE Champion soon found himself airborne until Daniel Bryan and a table broke The Second City Saint’s fall. The Geek Goddess followed up that bit of business with a far more ominous play on Super SmackDown LIVE: The Great American Bash when she kissed both Bryan and Punk, who, uncharacteristically, seemed more moved by The Geek Goddess’ affections than he has in recent weeks. As she prepares to guest referee Punk and Bryan’s WWE Title Match at Money in the Bank, it’s safe to assume AJ is up to something. The question is: what is it? 

The WWE Board of Directors gave Alberto Del Rio what he’s been asking for and named him No. 1 contender to the World Heavyweight Championship, and The Essence of Excellence responded with an uncharacteristic streak of brutality. He beat Sin Cara down before their match on Raw could even begin, and slammed the hood of his car on World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus’ torso on Super SmackDown LIVE. Who’ll be the next Superstar to face The Mexican Aristocrat’s wrath on Raw SuperShow? 

It’s safe to say the WWE Universe is starting to get a good idea of what Tyson Kidd is about. The dynamic former Tag Team Champion has been on a roll since winning his way into the World Heavyweight Championship Contract Money in the Bank Ladder Match. But his latest victory – a quick roll-up of Tensai – came with a cost as the towering expatriate administered a vicious beat down on him in the locker room afterward. Kidd has tweeted he won’t be kept down by the attack, but is a rematch in order between the two? 

The Prime Time Players have ducked out of not one, but two matches since becoming the No. 1 contenders to Kofi Kingston & R-Truth’s Tag Team Titles. Kingston has called out PTP’s manager, A.W., on Twitter for not allowing the teams to battle it out officially, but there is a more important issue at work here: A.W.’s previous clients, Primo & Epico, lost their own No. 1 contender ship when the smooth-talking manager failed to utilize their rematch clause after Kingston & Truth took the Tag Titles from them. A.W. needs to make his move soon, or risk his dynamic young tag team losing their greatest asset toward tag-team dominance. 

We know the woo woo guy will be taking over SmackDown for the week, having Woo-Woo-Wooed his way into the blue brand’s GM’s office by winning the Battle Royal on SuperSmackDown LIVE. But while the woo woo guy gives SmackDown – err, woo wooDown – his own unique spin, Raw is left without a figurehead for the week as of yet. Who’ll take over the reins for the red brand when Raw reconvenes Monday? I guess we'll have to yune in and find out!

excuse my ignorance, but i haven't watched wrestling since wrestlemania/brock lesnar

what has made AJ so good since then? what is her current story line. i know it has something to do with kane, dat boi, and cm punk

RAW PREVIEW

Don’t cue the Kiss Cam just yet: AJ’s smooch with CM Punk last week was less a declaration of affection than a harbinger of doom, as the befuddled WWE Champion soon found himself airborne until Daniel Bryan and a table broke The Second City Saint’s fall. The Geek Goddess followed up that bit of business with a far more ominous play on Super SmackDown LIVE: The Great American Bash when she kissed both Bryan and Punk, who, uncharacteristically, seemed more moved by The Geek Goddess’ affections than he has in recent weeks. As she prepares to guest referee Punk and Bryan’s WWE Title Match at Money in the Bank, it’s safe to assume AJ is up to something. The question is: what is it?

The WWE Board of Directors gave Alberto Del Rio what he’s been asking for and named him No. 1 contender to the World Heavyweight Championship, and The Essence of Excellence responded with an uncharacteristic streak of brutality. He beat Sin Cara down before their match on Raw could even begin, and slammed the hood of his car on World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus’ torso on Super SmackDown LIVE. Who’ll be the next Superstar to face The Mexican Aristocrat’s wrath on Raw SuperShow?

It’s safe to say the WWE Universe is starting to get a good idea of what Tyson Kidd is about. The dynamic former Tag Team Champion has been on a roll since winning his way into the World Heavyweight Championship Contract Money in the Bank Ladder Match. But his latest victory – a quick roll-up of Tensai – came with a cost as the towering expatriate administered a vicious beat down on him in the locker room afterward. Kidd has tweeted he won’t be kept down by the attack, but is a rematch in order between the two?

The Prime Time Players have ducked out of not one, but two matches since becoming the No. 1 contenders to Kofi Kingston & R-Truth’s Tag Team Titles. Kingston has called out PTP’s manager, A.W., on Twitter for not allowing the teams to battle it out officially, but there is a more important issue at work here: A.W.’s previous clients, Primo & Epico, lost their own No. 1 contender ship when the smooth-talking manager failed to utilize their rematch clause after Kingston & Truth took the Tag Titles from them. A.W. needs to make his move soon, or risk his dynamic young tag team losing their greatest asset toward tag-team dominance.

We know Zack Ryder will be taking over SmackDown for the week, having Woo-Woo-Wooed his way into the blue brand’s GM’s office by winning the Battle Royal on SuperSmackDown LIVE. But while The Ultimate Broski gives SmackDown – err, ZackDown – his own unique spin, Raw is left without a figurehead for the week as of yet. Who’ll take over the reins for the red brand when Raw reconvenes Monday? I guess we'll have to yune in and find out!

Damn when was the last time a Female was on the cover of some RAW preview picture by herself as the main focus in a storyline?

I'm looking forward to tonight for all those reasons posted and dat ONE MAN ROCK BAND.
I just hope all the matches tonight have a point like a couple of weeks ago where all the matches had some storyline to them and no filler.

TNA is currently killing WWE from an entertainment perspective, I have no interest in this show or the PPV.

How do people not get hurt when Sonjay Dutt does his moonsault into a double foot stomp 
sick.gif
?  The last time I saw someone else do a footstomp was Kevin Sullivan but he was ****** size.
That other x-division guy last week was doing swanton butt bombs and beating the crap out of his opponent.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

TNA is currently killing WWE from an entertainment perspective, I have no interest in this show or the PPV.

They truly are. On the other hand, WWE has been much worse.

I'm still very excited for Bryan/Punk and the WHC Money In The Bank ladder match. The only problem is now I wish AJ wasn't in the WWE title mix after watching the Roode/Aries match last night.

Venom-

Honestly.. what can be said about Ziggler? I love the guy, but what the hell are is the WWE doing to him? With Del Rio in line for another push.. (Via Observer  "Alberto Del Rio has been told to display a more ruthless aggressive heel character. Alberto Del Rio was told by Vince McMahon that he wants to see more aggression and the attacks on Sin Cara and Sheamus are examples of that. There are reportedly plans to put the World Title on Del Rio sometime this year.") I just have nothing to say about him at this time. (neither does .com)

I don't know where the HHH/Lesnar thing is going. If WWE doesn't care to mention it on .com, well, I don't know what to say either.

They should have Slater come out with a different instrument every time and use it as a weapon during or after matches after this Legends thing.

THE ROCK RETURNS ON THE 1000 EPISODE OF RAW

ROCK ON TWITTER - "RAW's 1000th episode. The People's Champ returns.. As promised, my goal: THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP. #RELENTLESS"

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

THE ROCK RETURNS ON THE 1000 EPISODE OF RAW

ROCK ON TWITTER - "RAW's 1000th episode. The People's Champ returns.. As promised, my goal: THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP. #RELENTLESS"

pimp.gif

Credit goes to Bryan Alvarez for this.  It's strictly fantasy booking, not news.
Tonight on Raw, Punk and Bryan are arguing.  AJ gets in the way and is accidentally shoved by both of them off the apron through a table.

This puts AJ out as ref of the WWE Title Match on Sunday.  People keep expecting her to interfere but she doesn't.

After the match, AJ comes out with the winner of the WWE MITB Match (Kane would make the most sense), leading them to cash in and win the title.

But since Alvarez said it, there's zero chance WWE does anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom