X-Men:First Class Thread (First leaked Pic)

Loved the movie. Thank god Singer wrote the script. It does really well with tying in this franchise with the other movies.

I thought the acting by January Jones sucked and I found it mildly annoying that the guy who played magneto would drop into his native accent from time to time when he got pissed. The McTaggart character was
tired.gif
Making her a CIA agent? Really? Although, I don't know how I would have set it up differently so maybe i can't complain too much. Her relationship with Charles was not fleshed out 
ohwell.gif

Other than that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

9/10 after i think about it tomorrow it might drop down to a 8.8 but the movie was solid.

DO NOT waste your time waiting for something after the credits.

Loved the movie. Thank god Singer wrote the script. It does really well with tying in this franchise with the other movies.

I thought the acting by January Jones sucked and I found it mildly annoying that the guy who played magneto would drop into his native accent from time to time when he got pissed. The McTaggart character was
tired.gif
Making her a CIA agent? Really? Although, I don't know how I would have set it up differently so maybe i can't complain too much. Her relationship with Charles was not fleshed out 
ohwell.gif

Other than that
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

9/10 after i think about it tomorrow it might drop down to a 8.8 but the movie was solid.

DO NOT waste your time waiting for something after the credits.

yo i might go peep this joint by myself when i wake up (worked 3rd shift)....i'm really excited
laugh.gif

yo i might go peep this joint by myself when i wake up (worked 3rd shift)....i'm really excited
laugh.gif

Big fan of the movie, both of the actors who played Prof.X and Magneto were greatly casted. The "AZEL" character is dope,not sure if he really is related to nightcrawler. And of course Zoe Kravitz was dope as always.

Big fan of the movie, both of the actors who played Prof.X and Magneto were greatly casted. The "AZEL" character is dope,not sure if he really is related to nightcrawler. And of course Zoe Kravitz was dope as always.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

I really enjoyed the movie. I'm a fan of the entire franchise. Comics, cartoons ect. I wish people will just learn to accept the movies for what they are. Of course it's not the god damn comic book, you'd have to make the movie 8 hours long or drop 2 movies a year. Yea some things were off but it's a lot for the new generation to take in. Movie was Boss. Magneto was THAT DEAL !!!!

Spoiler 

Logan makes a nice cameo, crowd went ape %## .
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DMoney82

I really enjoyed the movie. I'm a fan of the entire franchise. Comics, cartoons ect. I wish people will just learn to accept the movies for what they are. Of course it's not the god damn comic book, you'd have to make the movie 8 hours long or drop 2 movies a year. Yea some things were off but it's a lot for the new generation to take in. Movie was Boss. Magneto was THAT DEAL !!!!

Spoiler 

Logan makes a nice cameo, crowd went ape %## .
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

That's not really a spoiler.  I thought most people knew about it.  It was even mentioned in a review I read.

That's not really a spoiler.  I thought most people knew about it.  It was even mentioned in a review I read.

Movie was pretty good although the key is to forget anything you know about the comics.

They really made a new universe with these characters and story. As a stand alone movie w/o knowing the comics, it's pretty damn good. They tied in the Cuban missile crisis well, the bromance between Charles and Erik and how they came about in the first 3 films was handled well and the action was satisfying.

Main gripes, Jones as Frost was just a terrible decision. Frost is supposed to be this sexy and seductive woman but in the movie she is just an a-hole in her underwear. Jones just couldn't act too well, she was just there as an eye candy and didn't even resemble Emma Frost much.

How they made th realtionships with some of the characters.
Spoiler [+]
Like how Charles and Raven are so close but in the first 3 films they seemed oblivious of each other.
Wolverine being there, it was a good easter egg but wouldn't Charles have recognized him in the first film or use that to make him stay? Just being nit-picky I guess.

Casting for Charles and Erik is pretty good too, especially Erik. Fassbender was a bada$$ overall.

I don't want to put any spoilers in so I'll end the brief review there. There is no easter egg at the end of the credits so don't bother staying and there are a few bits and pieces in the film where the whole theater will be cheering. You'll know what it is once you see it but I guess someone spoiled it already.
laugh.gif

I'd probably rank this on the same level as Thor or maybe slightly about it because the story is much better on this one.

Movie was pretty good although the key is to forget anything you know about the comics.

They really made a new universe with these characters and story. As a stand alone movie w/o knowing the comics, it's pretty damn good. They tied in the Cuban missile crisis well, the bromance between Charles and Erik and how they came about in the first 3 films was handled well and the action was satisfying.

Main gripes, Jones as Frost was just a terrible decision. Frost is supposed to be this sexy and seductive woman but in the movie she is just an a-hole in her underwear. Jones just couldn't act too well, she was just there as an eye candy and didn't even resemble Emma Frost much.

Spoiler [+]
Like how Charles and Raven are so close but in the first 3 films they seemed oblivious of each other.
Wolverine being there, it was a good easter egg but wouldn't Charles have recognized him in the first film or use that to make him stay? Just being nit-picky I guess.

Casting for Charles and Erik is pretty good too, especially Erik. Fassbender was a bada$$ overall.

I don't want to put any spoilers in so I'll end the brief review there. There is no easter egg at the end of the credits so don't bother staying and there are a few bits and pieces in the film where the whole theater will be cheering. You'll know what it is once you see it but I guess someone spoiled it already.
laugh.gif

I'd probably rank this on the same level as Thor or maybe slightly about it because the story is much better on this one.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Spoiler [+]

laugh.gif
Agreed on everything.
Jones simply can't act, all she had to do was be seductive and she just stood there stiff as a board... I now realize I don't just hate her on Mad Men because of her character, she's just a bad actor/human being.

I did my best to forget the comics and the history, and it was really good on it's own. Balanced the drama with the Cuban Missile Crisis and then added Bacon, Fassbender was absolutely fantastic and I loved all the conversations between he and Charles. And the little jokes to the audience were a nice tough as well.

Really entertaining flick, I'll probably see it again.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Spoiler [+]

laugh.gif
Agreed on everything.
Jones simply can't act, all she had to do was be seductive and she just stood there stiff as a board... I now realize I don't just hate her on Mad Men because of her character, she's just a bad actor/human being.

I did my best to forget the comics and the history, and it was really good on it's own. Balanced the drama with the Cuban Missile Crisis and then added Bacon, Fassbender was absolutely fantastic and I loved all the conversations between he and Charles. And the little jokes to the audience were a nice tough as well.

Really entertaining flick, I'll probably see it again.

Jones was the only casting I was worried about. She's why I stopped watching Mad Men a few seasons back, sucks as a person (according to Zach G) and might've got laid up by the director?
nerd.gif
If it sounds like cancer...

Jennifer Lawrence should've been Emma Frost.

Gonna try and see this tonight.

Jones was the only casting I was worried about. She's why I stopped watching Mad Men a few seasons back, sucks as a person (according to Zach G) and might've got laid up by the director?
nerd.gif
If it sounds like cancer...

Jennifer Lawrence should've been Emma Frost.

Gonna try and see this tonight.

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

30t6p3b.gif
%%$% u quote the spoiler?

about as dumb as the idiot that posted it
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
made it even more funny when i saw your name
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i KNEW someone was gonna spoil that on here, good thing i saw the midnight showing
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BEAST MODE

30t6p3b.gif
%%$% u quote the spoiler?

about as dumb as the idiot that posted it
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
made it even more funny when i saw your name
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i KNEW someone was gonna spoil that on here, good thing i saw the midnight showing
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom