Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
I hope with titanfall 3, they go bananas with the mp and skip sp. The general opinion is tf2 had a short campaign, but tf1 didn't have a campaign.

Not to mention making the dlc free. With tf3, i hope respawn just goes all out on what they think is the best vision of their game. Tf3 could end up in another release date conumdrum that makes investing in sp mode almost unfruitful.

Don't think the remaster is coming as a standalone
I think it's almost a guarantee. You don't do all of that work and then lock it behind the $80 version of the game. As sales show, people just aren't going to buy it. People are going to call Activisions bluff. Plus they are leaving money on the table. I expect it nun Feb-march

I hope with titanfall 3, they go bananas with the mp and skip sp. The general opinion is tf2 had a short campaign, but tf1 didn't have a campaign.

Not to mention making the dlc free. With tf3, i hope respawn just goes all out on what they think is the best vision of their game. Tf3 could end up in another release date conumdrum that makes investing in sp mode almost unfruitful.

Why does TF3 not need a single player?

Why does TF3 not need a single player?
Does overwatch need a single player? Tf1's a mp game. Tf2 only has a sp because the devs listened to feedback. Which was unfruitful. So with tf3, they can not have a sp and have even more 1st hand data to show why it wasn't included like tf1.

Lastly, most people aren't buying titanfall 2 for the sp.

It's been an interesting few weeks:

BF1 - Campaign leaves a lot to be desired; I was really hoping to get a well developed story about the Harlem Hellfighters. Instead its a bunch of short stories covering a few different lives during the war. I understand why they went this route to demonstrate the absurd loss of life during WW1 but the Hellfighters would have been much better and made this game a 10/10 for me (8/8 NT scale)
^ That right there is the story that BF1 should have had and I would have been great for the culture. I know folks in here talk about wanting a Black protagonist and these guys were the real deal. Look into them if you dont know about them.

Multiplayer is much better than in the "beta". Weapons are much more balanced and there is a good variety of game types and maps. I'm pleasantly surprised that I enjoy this game as much as I do.

TF2 - Great story; Respawn did a really good job of building the relationship between BT and Cooper throughout the story. However, it was a bit short and left out a lot of crucial details. Still very enjoyable nonetheless.

Haven't touched MP yet but I will soon.

CoD:MWR - A solid remaster and not much was done to alter the game from its original form. The game has aged well and really helps demonstrate that less is more. However, I can't see myself only playing this game. It's a great game to own in your library when you are tired of the current flavor of the month but its really more of a side dish than a main course.

CoD:IW - Campaign is surprisingly enjoyable; still working through it but I'm impressed. Looks like a lot of thought was made into adding new mechanics into the SP that unfortunately didnt make into the MP because people complain too much about change. Add one new thing and people lose their ****

MP is ok. I personally dont enjoy the TTK but I will give it a fair shot.

More on the podcast this week.
I agree with you on everything about BF1. the opening mission really wowed me and was really gripping. but they really lack depth in the mission stories so they fall flat to me since i barely get any time to really connect with the characters throughout the stories and it sucks because they are all very interesting too. I was really bummed about how they used Harlem Hellfighters for just the opening i was hoping they would at least get their own story mission besides being the intro. 

I still havent played TF2 yet but I've heard some nice things about it so i will pick it up soon and see what its like

CoD: IW like i said before I'm really enjoying. it sucks how much stuff they added to the campaign that is absent from the MP. i really wish they could've gone all out in developing the Jackal stuff in MP  like a having a TDM mode with them would've been awesome imo. but you are right that people would've complained but at this point whatever CoD does will get some sort of flack for either being the same thing or trying to do something different and being compared to other popular titles. the TTK doesnt feel as bad from when i played it on the beta i will say tho. I have it on PS so i dont know what it will be like on XB1
It doesn't need a SP. honestly the only SP o care about are RPGs. No shooter really needs a SP IMO
i strongly disagree with this. Wolfenstein and DOOM were some of my favorite games to drop this gen. i dont think every shooter can work with having a campaign like overwatch but if devs are able to tell great stories through it or find inventive ways to make it fun then i dont see any problem in them trying to make one
Does overwatch need a single player? Tf1's a mp game. Tf2 only has a sp because the devs listened to feedback. Which was unfruitful. So with tf3, they can not have a sp and have even more 1st hand data to show why it wasn't included like tf1.

TF1 not having single player component was something people complained about especially with that weak MP style campaign in the first one. i doubt they will make TF3 without a campaign and can see Respawn getting some flack for deciding to ditch it. 

For some reason my Terminal/Zombies pre-order bonus didn't auto-install. I had to search for it in the store and manually install it on Saturday :rolleyes.

Mass Effect 2 and 3 now available for BC. Maybe I'll give the series a try :nerd:

Eh. If a campaign is poorly put together I will agree with you but there have been a lot of MP focused games that have had compelling stories. As seandon23 seandon23 pointed out games like DOOM, Halo (not 5), Gears all have MP as their bread and butter but also put out compelling stories.

I'm not saying every MP game needs a SP but have you played TF2s campaign? It's great and there is definitely a lot of potential for a great story.

Also, how did you determine it was unfruitful?

Last edited:
Mass Effect 2 and 3 now available for BC. Maybe I'll give the series a try
nerd.gif
definitely worth it bro i was thinking of going back and playing ME1 but that game definitly shows its age

been enjoying the **** out of HC SnD MWR

noticed ppl still noob tube off the rip but not as much, still bothers me to this day when i die from one tho lol so frustrating. 

I put that work in over the weekend got up to a 41 or 42. Love how SnD pays out the most unlike the newer dutys  

cant wait till that add the remaining maps

Mass Effect 2 and 3 now available for BC. Maybe I'll give the series a try
nerd.gif
40-50h commitment. 

I'm maybe halfway into ME3.
TF1 not having single player component was something people complained about especially with that weak MP style campaign in the first one. i doubt they will make TF3 without a campaign and can see Respawn getting some flack for deciding to ditch it. 
I enjoy TF for the mp. As I stated, respawn already responded to the tf1 flack with tf2. By including sp and free dlc. Aside from its release window, it's not helped. 

Given that, I'd rather respawn double down on MP.

They could incorperate they sp work they did with tf2 into tf3's mp.

So in way, TF3 could have mp modes like "strikes/raids" like Destiny/overwatch.

Some people also complained about the mp getting dull, well more mp mode variety would help with tf3's longevity.
Eh. If a campaign is poorly put together I will agree with you but there have been a lot of MP focused games that have had compelling stories. As @seandon23 pointed out games like DOOM, Halo (not 5), Gears all have MP as their bread and butter but also put out compelling stories.

I'm not saying every MP game needs a SP but have you played TF2s campaign? It's great and there is definitely a lot of potential for a great story.

Also, how did you determine it was unfruitful?
I've yet to cop TF2. I'm going off my tf1 experience, since it's my fav. fps this gen. The main problem with your examples is that all those games had sp planned from the get-go. TF2 only has a sp mode to appease some people, not because they really wanted to tell a story. 
 "We make these single-player missions that take up all the focus of the studio, that take a huge team six months to make, and players run through it in 8 minutes," he said. "And how many people finish the single-player game? It's a small percentage. It's like, everyone plays through the first level, but 5 percent of people finish the game. "Really, you split the team. They're two different games. They're balanced differently, they're scoped differently. But people spend hundreds of hours in the multiplayer experience versus 'as little time as possible rushing to the end' [in single-player]. So why do all the resources go there? To us it made sense to put it here. Now everybody sees all those resources, and multiplayer is better. For us it made sense."
I'm okay with tf2 having a sp mode. I just fear it takes away how awesome tf3's mp progression could go. 

All I'm saying is that, if Vince's team decide sp mode isn't worth it for tf3, they should show how they were right about not including it in tf1.

Pour those resources into mp, since that's what TF essientally stands on.

What I mean by unfruitful is that TF2's sp can't stand on it's own(from reviews), like it's mp mode can. The general opinion is that the sp is great, but short. However, if you compare the tf2's sp to tf1 lack-of-sp, tf2's sp is substantial.  

I'm interested in seeing the stats of how many people complete tf2's sp.

I LOVE Fallout 3 and 4 and I LOVE Game of Thrones.

Should I give Skyrim another chance now that they remasterd it? Someone convince me. I tried it a few years back on the 360 and just couldn't get into like i did with Fallout.

I LOVE Fallout 3 and 4 and I LOVE Game of Thrones.

Should I give Skyrim another chance now that they remasterd it? Someone convince me. I tried it a few years back on the 360 and just couldn't get into like i did with Fallout.

If its the setting you dont like then I would say still Pass. But If you dig GoT and fantasy settings maybe try it again

I loved FO3, and absolutely loved Skyrim, but FO4 felt totally flat for me because the sci-fi setting was no longer believable to me
All these stupid NPC's complaining about survival and bandit raids but they live in a shack ten yards from a raider camp? I couldn't suspend disbelief any more

For me, I think the fantasy/medieval setting works much better with the mechanics and gameworld. IF it was just eh gameplay you didn't like then maybe you should give Skyrim another try, people have been pretty positive about the Mods and other improvements

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom