XV SE Bragging Rights Pack - edited -

Originally Posted by wclaker83

here's the proof
great pick up. anyone on any new info on the hoyas please pm me. thanks.
smile.gif

So just got off the phone with my friend and he tells me that Finishline Roseville CA had around 22 pairs...11 of each Hoyas and UNC and a guy went in at 10amand bought all pairs that equal $2963. I just find it hard to believe a store would sell all the pairs to one guy. If they did though, the manager doesn'tknow how to run a store. That is so freaking weak! Good luck to you all!

Originally Posted by Raydio5

So just got off the phone with my friend and he tells me that Finishline Roseville CA had around 22 pairs...11 of each Hoyas and UNC and a guy went in at 10am and bought all pairs that equal $2963. I just find it hard to believe a store would sell all the pairs to one guy. If they did though, the manager doesn't know how to run a store. That is so freaking weak! Good luck to you all!

A big part of a mangers job is to sell its inventory and he just did, so like it or not he did what he had to do, maybe it wasnt fair for everyone else whowouldnt have a chance to sell these, but they are 15 SE and i am 99% sure that all of these will go onto sale racks, so he maybe analysised the situationcleaverly,
to the max profits now, or take the risk of taking in less profit by holding on to them.
but those are just my 2 cents

A managers job is to sell product and make money. He did both. Therefore he did his job and knows how to run a store. Unless there is a rule stating that youmay only buy a limited amount of pairs, then he was right.

Yah I thought about it later and agree with you guys.....cuz they did have the other 2 SE colorways that are gonna sit on shelves.......so I have to blame Nikeon this one and how they supply the shoe and didn't put out rules for FNL's to limit people on buying multiple pairs. But again it's someone thatworks at the store that doesn't know the product well to help out their customers get a even chance of buying something that they wanted. I'm sure ifyou sell more then your store will get more hot products then. It just sucks.

i was able to grab both, (thanks to those who helped)

but after seeing pics, i m liking the G-towns more....

congrats to all who got a pair. due to an unfortunate situation i missed out when they were so close to me. hopefully i will find the georgetown's withsome help. please keep me in mind if anyone has an extra 10.5 or 11. i believe more pairs will surface soon...at least that's what i feel. haha

by the way, i'm in so cal.

Originally Posted by Raydio5

So just got off the phone with my friend and he tells me that Finishline Roseville CA had around 22 pairs...11 of each Hoyas and UNC and a guy went in at 10am and bought all pairs that equal $2963. I just find it hard to believe a store would sell all the pairs to one guy. If they did though, the manager doesn't know how to run a store. That is so freaking weak! Good luck to you all!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! That's my mall and they never get anything. Why in the world would they get these?!?! I drove right past thereabout 9:30am today, too. Damn it!

A big part of a mangers job is to sell its inventory and he just did, so like it or not he did what he had to do, maybe it wasnt fair for everyone else who wouldnt have a chance to sell these, but they are 15 SE and i am 99% sure that all of these will go onto sale racks, so he maybe analysised the situation cleaverly,
I would disagree with that for at least a couple of reasons:

1) If you have 22 products available, what would you rather have? 22 satisfied customers or 1?

2) What scenario allows you to sell the most apparel, socks, laces, whatever: 22 pairs to one person or 22 pairs to 22 people?

This release was mishandled from the top down, period. You actually had a good product here. Let's face it: it's no minor miracle that they were ableto take the XV SE and make people actually WANT to pay $130 for them. They FINALLY utilized their college licenses in an interesting way, and many of us in DChave something of an emotional connection to those kente cloth patterned Georgetown uniforms.

It was a great product idea, and they absolutely BLEW it with their mind numbingly idiotic allocation. You had this great buzz - surrounding the XV SE!! Nowlook at it, it's just another classic example of how the brand systematically abuses its most loyal supporters.

It's probable that this particular manager didn't know what they had on their hands and/or lacked the authority to implement a per customer limitwithout approval from the corporate office. Whatever the reason, the end result is that it's really the dedicated Jordan fan that loses in all of this -and the brand's image takes yet ANOTHER hit.

Originally Posted by Method Man

A big part of a mangers job is to sell its inventory and he just did, so like it or not he did what he had to do, maybe it wasnt fair for everyone else who wouldnt have a chance to sell these, but they are 15 SE and i am 99% sure that all of these will go onto sale racks, so he maybe analysised the situation cleaverly,

1) If you have 22 products available, what would you rather have? 22 satisfied customers or 1?

2) What scenario allows you to sell the most apparel, socks, laces, whatever: 22 pairs to one person or 22 pairs to 22 people?

This release was mishandled from the top down, period. You actually had a good product here. Let's face it: it's no minor miracle that they were able to take the XV SE and make people actually WANT to pay $130 for them. They FINALLY utilized their college licenses in an interesting way, and many of us in DC have something of an emotional connection to those kente cloth patterned Georgetown uniforms.

It was a great product idea, and they absolutely BLEW it with their mind numbingly idiotic allocation. You had this great buzz - surrounding the XV SE!! Now look at it, it's just another classic example of how the brand systematically abuses its most loyal supporters.

It's probable that this particular manager didn't know what they had on their hands and/or lacked the authority to implement a per customer limit without approval from the corporate office. Whatever the reason, the end result is that it's really the dedicated Jordan fan that loses in all of this - and the brand's image takes yet ANOTHER hit.

Well said. I would have gladly plunked down my $260 for a pair of each, but none of the stores in my area even have a clue about these.

This release was mishandled from the top down, period. You actually had a good product here. Let's face it: it's no minor miracle that they were able to take the XV SE and make people actually WANT to pay $130 for them. They FINALLY utilized their college licenses in an interesting way, and many of us in DC have something of an emotional connection to those kente cloth patterned Georgetown uniforms.

It was a great product idea, and they absolutely BLEW it with their mind numbingly idiotic allocation. You had this great buzz - surrounding the XV SE!! Now look at it, it's just another classic example of how the brand systematically abuses its most loyal supporters.

It's probable that this particular manager didn't know what they had on their hands and/or lacked the authority to implement a per customer limit without approval from the corporate office. Whatever the reason, the end result is that it's really the dedicated Jordan fan that loses in all of this - and the brand's image takes yet ANOTHER hit.

well said is right. dedicated jordan fans absolutely loses in all of this. this is how i've been feeling since the titanium release...and then withall of this limited stuff. i even wanted to buy the white/cement phly shoe and they limit it. not only that but i contact jordan brand and they tell me thati was misinformed and the shoe was not released for retail. everytime i contact jb they have no idea what i'm talking about with products. how could theconsumer know more than the employees????? it's just ridiculous. not only that, but this particular xv se...they make a georgetown shoe and don'teven release it near georgetown. that's just DUMB. i can't believe how much of a circus it is with this company. all that being said, i really hopei can find a pair of the georgetown hoyas. it's a shoe that i really want. i've been asking about it since pictures first surfaced.

METHOD IS THE MAN
pimp.gif
! Very nicely composed. Your choiceof words is meticulous

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

METHOD IS THE MAN
pimp.gif
! Very nicely composed. Your choice of words is meticulous

^^^ Word meth for president in 08

Yeah I absolutely have to agree that this release was a total joke - how could they release these nowhere near unc/georgetown??? or even the major niketowns?fortunately someone came through for me so i was able to get my pairs, but man, this was one frustrating release...

I don't think the Man himself has alotta say in these matters, nor does he really care anymore...

For whoever called Solardreamer a reseller, he is not. He's a good friend and I know he bought them for people who really wanted them, not make a buck.Thanks for my pairs, bruh!

^ i ll back that statement up....

he's not reselling them....

but nowhere in chicago?....odd, i may need to find another set...

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

congrats to all who got a pair. due to an unfortunate situation i missed out when they were so close to me. hopefully i will find the georgetown's with some help. please keep me in mind if anyone has an extra 10.5 or 11. i believe more pairs will surface soon...at least that's what i feel. haha

by the way, i'm in so cal.

I just called that Pleasonton Finishline.....they have G'Town in size 10.5 left...thats all. they are sold out of the rest.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

For whoever called Solardreamer a reseller, he is not. He's a good friend and I know he bought them for people who really wanted them, not make a buck. Thanks for my pairs, bruh!

how much did he sell it to u for??

cuz i want a pair too

Back
Top Bottom