Yao Ming to Retire

@WojYahooNBA Rockets' Yao Ming has decided to retire from the NBA, league sources tell Y! Sports. He informed the league office within past 48 hours.

tired.gif

Was JUST about to post this...Sad to see him go, people aren't supposed to be that big...

Was JUST about to post this...Sad to see him go, people aren't supposed to be that big...

Its about time......as a Rockets fan, ive been ready to look forward already.....lets bring a new center into houston.......

Dwight maybe..... *wishes*

Its about time......as a Rockets fan, ive been ready to look forward already.....lets bring a new center into houston.......

Dwight maybe..... *wishes*

Disappointing but understandable.
ohwell.gif

His impact will be immeasurable. Just hope he recovers to live a healthy life.

Disappointing but understandable.
ohwell.gif

His impact will be immeasurable. Just hope he recovers to live a healthy life.

I firmly believe he would be a top 5 big man of all time if it wasn't for injury. Sucks things didn't work out in Houston.

I firmly believe he would be a top 5 big man of all time if it wasn't for injury. Sucks things didn't work out in Houston.

Sad to see Yao go, but i guess this is the end of a era for the Rockets time to rebuild
frown.gif

tracy_mcgrady31-300x225.jpg

nba_g_rockets_412.jpg

nba_g_artest_yao_576.jpg

NBA-Denver-Nuggets-host-Houston-Rockets.jpg

Sad to see Yao go, but i guess this is the end of a era for the Rockets time to rebuild
frown.gif

tracy_mcgrady31-300x225.jpg

nba_g_rockets_412.jpg

nba_g_artest_yao_576.jpg

NBA-Denver-Nuggets-host-Houston-Rockets.jpg

Loyalties to China during the offseason destroyed his feet and any chance of him fully recovering.

Let's hope that China learns from this but seeing their do anything to win policy, they won't.

Loyalties to China during the offseason destroyed his feet and any chance of him fully recovering.

Let's hope that China learns from this but seeing their do anything to win policy, they won't.

wow, how unfortunate. i think playing non stop caught up to him. this is a guy that never got an offseason. i read an article he couldn't decline to play for the chinese team despite nursing numerous injuries. thank you yao and best luck to him

wow, how unfortunate. i think playing non stop caught up to him. this is a guy that never got an offseason. i read an article he couldn't decline to play for the chinese team despite nursing numerous injuries. thank you yao and best luck to him

*pours out a lil' liquor*

I remember during the draft lottery, the Rockets were supposed to pick 8. I was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
when they actually won the thing and got the #1 overall pick.

With Francis on the squad, Jay Williams was a no-go.

Then I remember the Clippers offering Odom + their draft pick to the Rockets for the #1. Francis + Mobley wanted the Rockets to pull the trigger, since who knew if Yao could actually transition over and live up to the billing in the US.

Rockets drafted Yao, and I remember his first game, and dude looked lost as hell as on the court
laugh.gif

Kobe dunking over the dude. Marbury I think breaking his ankles. Nate Rob I think blocking dude
laugh.gif

But then there was that game vs Portland or something, where dude initiated the break, behind the back dribble, lost his man and threw it down.
eek.gif

Over time though, I think his second or third time matching up with Shaq, and the dude Yao schooled him
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Yao managed to outplay Dwight everytime they matched up
pimp.gif

The debate here on NT, who'd you rather have, Yao vs Dwight/Amare
laugh.gif

Traded Francis + Mobley + Cato for T-Mac, as that was the preferred blueprint to win a championship. An elite C with an elite wing, and go from there.

That one playoff series vs Dallas, dude went like 13-15FG or something.

Some how some way though, Yao managed to get dinged up and the Rockets had to make do without him come playoff time SMH

All in all, Yao was a stand up dude. Team China ran him into the ground, but he never complained. Helped bring the China market to the NBA and was the bridge. Teammates of Yao's, like Francis, Battier, freaking Bonzi Wells ended up with China shoe endorsements and all kinds of other endorsements. Dudes got paid on top of what they were getting paid, just because they were Yao's teammates. Rockets cashed in as well.

Yao will be remembered of what could have been because of injuries, but we all know he was legit. (That FT% though
eek.gif
)

Loyal down to the very end, with him being a FA, and saying he'll either come back as a Rocket, or retire. He retired, but his time as a Rocket is much appreciated.

Time for the Rockets to move on, rightfully so.

Thanks, Yao.

*pours out rest of the liquor*

*pours out a lil' liquor*

I remember during the draft lottery, the Rockets were supposed to pick 8. I was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
when they actually won the thing and got the #1 overall pick.

With Francis on the squad, Jay Williams was a no-go.

Then I remember the Clippers offering Odom + their draft pick to the Rockets for the #1. Francis + Mobley wanted the Rockets to pull the trigger, since who knew if Yao could actually transition over and live up to the billing in the US.

Rockets drafted Yao, and I remember his first game, and dude looked lost as hell as on the court
laugh.gif

Kobe dunking over the dude. Marbury I think breaking his ankles. Nate Rob I think blocking dude
laugh.gif

But then there was that game vs Portland or something, where dude initiated the break, behind the back dribble, lost his man and threw it down.
eek.gif

Over time though, I think his second or third time matching up with Shaq, and the dude Yao schooled him
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Yao managed to outplay Dwight everytime they matched up
pimp.gif

The debate here on NT, who'd you rather have, Yao vs Dwight/Amare
laugh.gif

Traded Francis + Mobley + Cato for T-Mac, as that was the preferred blueprint to win a championship. An elite C with an elite wing, and go from there.

That one playoff series vs Dallas, dude went like 13-15FG or something.

Some how some way though, Yao managed to get dinged up and the Rockets had to make do without him come playoff time SMH

All in all, Yao was a stand up dude. Team China ran him into the ground, but he never complained. Helped bring the China market to the NBA and was the bridge. Teammates of Yao's, like Francis, Battier, freaking Bonzi Wells ended up with China shoe endorsements and all kinds of other endorsements. Dudes got paid on top of what they were getting paid, just because they were Yao's teammates. Rockets cashed in as well.

Yao will be remembered of what could have been because of injuries, but we all know he was legit. (That FT% though
eek.gif
)

Loyal down to the very end, with him being a FA, and saying he'll either come back as a Rocket, or retire. He retired, but his time as a Rocket is much appreciated.

Time for the Rockets to move on, rightfully so.

Thanks, Yao.

*pours out rest of the liquor*

good luck to him... its a shame because he was once a great center... he was definitely the best center in the league towards the end of his career too or at least top 3... but injuries killed his career completely

Back
Top Bottom