yo, i think its time nike really retro da Penny IV's right

I'd rather these than dem lame $@$ V's.

I remember the quality not being that good on the OGs, the logo on the lace gaurd would come off after a couple of wears.

Originally Posted by jordan0386

The architecture of any sneaker Nike has made should be on a floppy disk SOMEWHERE. Just cant buy that excuse.

Spot on! In the line of work I'm in, we design and tool molds used to manufacture rubber and plastic parts. Some of our equipment are the identical machines used to make sneaker soles for Adidas and Puma....point here is that a mold is made from a CAD file and even if the truly did lose the file and molds it can be recreated very easily. This mold nonsense is hype/urban myth created by those that simply don't know.

So this guy just posted a DS pair of Penny IVs to ebay.. I told him I'd pay 240 for them.. Keep in  mind I've bought 3 pairs of OG PENNY IVs from Ebay and non of them were over 220.. Well.. Just look at the price and his response..
mad.gif
What an idiot..

He must not be in a hurry to sell these

PERSONALLY DONT CARE TO SEE THESE RERETRO.. I HAVE A PAIR OF THE ALL BLACK N WHITE RETROS.. THEY LOOK STRANGE ON FEET FROM TOP VIEW.. 
grin.gif

laugh.gif
That kid on Ebay is an absolute idiot.

Sorry but these are NOT included in the Penny "Hype Pack".

I only have the Black/Red and Black/Royal pairs...

They're not bad but I can't say I love this shoe, besides the black/royal pair which stands alone...

They just don't fit the style of all the other Penny shoes in the line and they look pretty weird from the top...

Originally Posted by KingJay718

People's that attended the Penny event in las Vegas said that Nike claimed aid that models that the Penny IV were destroyed hence why you didn't seen them on display at the event.
i dont believe that considered da last retro wasn't that long ago...

If they brought these back, I think they will sit. The last time they came out 3-5 years ago. Majority of those colorways hit outlets for dirt cheap.

The retros where so cheaply done....you could def tell the quality change. If nike retro's the should do it right....

Originally Posted by idrinkyac

If they brought these back, I think they will sit. The last time they came out 3-5 years ago. Majority of those colorways hit outlets for dirt cheap.
da first color sold well.

da black and white color did cool too..then they threw out random trash.

Penny Iv for me personally worst one to release i think Nike fell of on design with this model not trying to offend anyone but they could have been so much better

these shoes were always so difficult for me to get my foot in

let alone if I wanted to wear an ankle brace

but I'd still cop 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kennyisdead911

The cool grey's were the best IMO. So hot. Love that shoe.

Ditto, I still have a DS pair of these in my closet that my wife got me when we first started dating.

"Right" is the key word.

The Penny IV is one of the most blatant examples of Nike cutting corners on retros.

Does anyone have comparison pics of the retro vs OG. Its a night and day difference between the two.

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

"Right" is the key word.

The Penny IV is one of the most blatant examples of Nike cutting corners on retros.

Does anyone have comparison pics of the retro vs OG. Its a night and day difference between the two.

\

One of my least favorite Penny models. I tried to hoop in the retros when I played college ball and they always felt loose and bulky, traction sucked but the ankle was tight as hell lol had to struggle getting your foot in! Surely the OG felt better I assume. The Black and Royal is easily the best cw for this shoe IMO and I was surprised they didn't retro that pair smh

Originally Posted by sosmoove

One of my least favorite Penny models. I tried to hoop in the retros when I played college ball and they always felt loose and bulky, traction sucked but the ankle was tight as hell lol had to struggle getting your foot in! Surely the OG felt better I assume. The Black and Royal is easily the best cw for this shoe IMO and I was surprised they didn't retro that pair smh
Yea absolutely. The OG's were snug and had great traction. I wore them in HS games. Now due to injuries, I don't ball anymore 
mad.gif

Those are nice, except for the fact they can be worn with the strap un-strapped. 
sick.gif

Thanks for the comparison pics istaystunnin.

The OGs look soooo good !  The stitched upper is so much more textured and the sueded midsole really completes the look. 

Can you imagine the AJXIII with out the sueded midsole ?  IDK why Nike thought it woud fly on the Pennys.

Back
Top Bottom