YO! The Official Jay Z post...

Once again NT hype machine at work :lol:
laugh.gif
I see no changes all I see is racist faces....misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
And only time we chill is when we kill each other....it takes skill to be real, time to heal each other

Quote:
Once again NT hype machine at work :lol:
laugh.gif

It becomes repetitive so.....

Fans of Jay will love it, those that don't like Jay will hate it. People in the middle will have mixed feelings.

Like I was telling a friend of mine the other day....when the new Jay drops, I'll be listening to RD. When the new Wu drops, I'll be listening to OB4CL. When the new Nas drops, I'll be listening to Illmatic.

Wake me up when some fresh new talent hits the scene.....

I got a gripe with that as well thats why so many ppl think I hate Ol Man Jigga altho he can still make music, I just think its time for all the vets to bow out and give a chance to the new skool

But the way these younger fans are they wanna pretend they down with the artists we love and then make nothing but party music or purchase that. Giving the new talent no chance to pass an underground buzz

I gotta say its much harder for a new act to have success on his/her OWN than it is 10 years ago

:smokin
smokin.gif
Team Otaku
TeamWolfShirts
"Its painful how sexy I look in this."

^I kinda have mixed feelings about something like that though, its so much easier for anybody to make a beat and record over it...its so easy that almost everyone is doing it...the only difference is now that everyone is doing it, its harder to find that person with that talent and getting them a buzz in the underground scene or even the mainstream scene...
RAIDER NATION​

Quote:
Just listen to the music for what it is and stop expecting it to be like older albums. Let it go....some of yall got issues holding on to the past.
|I
tired.gif
I see no changes all I see is racist faces....misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
And only time we chill is when we kill each other....it takes skill to be real, time to heal each other

^Feel meaning the sound/theme of the album but I don't expect it to be either of those albums. I just hope its good music.....thats all I am saying.

And for the record Jay said it was like a cross between the two albums.

BTW I like ur sig grittyman
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Roc Boys is dope. Song got that good-feel vibe to it.
Im really looking forward to some darker songs though on some D'Evils @#%$
The Commission
Peep the style and the way the girls sweat us,
The number one question is can the Mods get us​

Quote:
And for the record Jay said it was like a cross between the two albums.

So it's unfair to make a comparison to those records because he said it's a "cross between"

Quote:
BTW I like ur sig grittyman

I mean, even if he did say the album is like a cross between 'X' and 'Y'... I'm not really looking for that. At the end of the day I'm lookin for good music, nothing more and nothing less. There's no reason one should just turn it down because they assume he can't turn back the clock, if the music is hot that's all that should matter right?
Shoes for YOU...YES YOU

new Jay-Z interview on AHH....good read

Quote:
By Chuck "Jigsaw" Creekmur
It's not really a make it or break it situation for Jay-Z. Still, the Def Jam president's tenth album, American Gangster, is critical in terms of his legacy and remaining relevant in a burgeoning era of T.I.s , Lil Waynes and Kanye Wests. The late 30-something boss is calm and collected much like the infamous heroin pusher Frank Lucas who provided the inspiration for American Gangster. The album was put together in a short period and, in an even shorter period, the clamor began. The talk will continue as Hov reveals his side on Kanyes Big Brother, his status compared to B.I.G. and Pac and the issue with LL Cool J. Oh, theres also the matter of that album. [Click here to read "Jay-Z: Manifest Destiny (The American Gangster Story)"]

AllHipHop.com: Do you still feel like you're sort of competing with B.I.G. and Pac even though they've been gone for over 10 years?

Jay-Z: The funny things about that I really had to start slowing down because after a while when you start putting out so much, as great as they was it's kind of not a fair argument because they didn't get a chance to go through this thing - you have to go
through a lot, you gotta go through a lot of scrutiny and maintain a certain level. Though Pac has a lot of work, he put it all out at one time. If I made 17 records or when I was making Reasonable Doubt them s**ts would be ******ed. They didn't get a chance to really fulfill their potential. When somebody's been around five years, it's different, and six and seven and as long as you be around and the longer you stay relevant, it's like Damn, you can't really argue because they didn't really get a chance to go through it. You dont
know what would have happened. It's like, you know, incomplete. What happens? What happens on a 7th album? 8th album? That @#%$ is very difficult. Very difficult. That ain't easy. That's difficult. You know, ni**as when you fresh and crispy with the new slang - you could do that. You can just hit n***as with the slang, make the hook with the hot slang and ride it out. But to really make, 9, 10 [albums], it's something different.

Interviewer: Your nephew has started rapping and making the rounds around New York City.

Jay-Z: My nephews already winning a thousand talent shows. Hes already, uh, they had him on Hot97 and all kinds of stuff, winning talent shows. He wants to be a rapper. I mean I dont suggest at him. I want him to be whatever he want to be. Well, be a dope dealer.I wouldn't have let that happen. I told you I'm better than The Godfather, I did it. [laughing] But that's cool, if that's what he loves. As long as he knows the scrutiny that he's going to be under and the pressure that people are going to put on him and he's ready for that and he's willing to really work at his craft. That's what I tell him all the time. I don't even mess with him. I don't help him out. Yo, work on your craft, work on it, work on it constantly until you get to a certain point, then I'll pull him. Then he'll have a Big Uncle record and it'll be all good. [Referring to Kanye Wests Big Brother.]

AllHipHop.com: When did you start recording this album?

Jay-Z: Maybe like three weeks [ago] total. Like I started, left a foundation, then I left it alone. The last two weeks, I really drew down on it.

Interviewer: So there was no plan to do an album before you saw the film.

Jay-Z: Nah

Interviewer: How did this album differ from all the other gangster movies youve seen?

Jay-Z: Besides the Black guy being higher than the mob in everything? [room laughs]

Interviewer: Youve put yourself in those positions before like as the Black Scarface.

Jay-Z: I wasnt hot when Scarface was hot. [room laughs] My Spanish action aint really all the way where it needs to be for that.

AllHipHop.com: On Blue Magic, you say F**k Bush.

Jay-Z: Yeah. You had to pick that line. [room laughs]

AllHipHop.com: Im just saying [room laughs]

Jay-Z: It was really a triple entendre, double. Money over broads, you got it, f**k bush. F**k broads or f**k bush. I just thought it was some clever s**t. [room laughs]

AllHipHop.com: Aiight.

Jay-Z: That s**t was f**kin hot! The s**t is layered, man. F**k Bush. Get outta here or f**k bush. F**k bush! Come on, man. [room laughs.]

Interviewer: You brought back Ignorant S**t.

Jay-Z: Yeah, its like one of those jams that you feel bad you let go. I recorded that for The Black Album. And it leaked, but I thought it was so great. Ignorant S**t conceptually in the album when you are out of control saying, F**k, s**t, a**, b***h, and you just going crazy. It also deals with censorship as well. It serves two purposes.

Interviewer: You think Scarface the rapper is going to look at you sideways [for rapping about him]?

Jay-Z: No, Im sticking up for him. Im saying Scarface did more than Scarface the rapper. Im on his side. So no, absolutely not. Unless he wants to be in trouble. That s**t on him. Nah, Brad is my boy.

AllHipHop.com: Youve had over a 10-year run in terms of recording albums. What keeps you motivated?

Jay-Z: I like the challenge of it. With rap music, you can make a hundred classic albums in a row and somebody make a hot song and compare you to him. Its the only sport like that well basketball a little bit. [They] did compare Harold Minor to Jordan when he first came out; for one second. But, the challenge of it. If everybody was like, Alright, you got it [youre the best] then there wouldnt be any reason to record an album. Id go shoot jump shots at the next practice facility. The challenge of making material.

AllHipHop.com: Did you ever go through a phase and there is this whole G.O.A.T. discussion we can get into that too

Jay-Z: Yeah, thats what we here for, n***a. [room laughs]

AllHipHop.com: At one point, it seemed like you have to continuously tell us that you were the G.O.A.T. A lot of us feel like you had already established that without needing to say it. At one point, you were telling us a lot.

Jay-Z: You have to say it if you want it, right? You gotta manifest your destiny. You gotta put it out there if you really want people to believe. I didnt want anybody to guess.

AllHipHop.com: Is there a possibility of you and LL Cool J lyrically going at each other?

Jay-Z: Nah, I dont think thats [possible]. Im sick of that. I dont even want to be in that type ofits getting nasty for me. LL Cool J is great. You dont have to market LL Cool J. If people were saying [LLs last album Todd Smith] was fantastic, lets push it. Thats different. At some point you gotta take responsibility for your s**t too. With Kingdom Come, maybe it was too sophisticated. Maybe I f*cked up. Im not saying, F**k L.A. Reid [Def Jam chairman]. I mean, you made the album.

Artists, were like that s**t. When we [have success], its our fault we did it. And I told them Bang kill n***a and they said go with kill bang n***a. [laughter] My @#%$ popped off and I told @#%$, [You] cant tell me nothing. When it dont work, [artists are] like, See, look what you did! You f**ked my s**t up! I respect L. Hes a legend. Im not doing that. What happens? What do I get? Thats what Im like. What do I get? N***as are like, So. Theres no win in it for me. So. You won. You know what Im saying?

Interviewer: Did it take the Jim Jones thing to make you say what you just said?

Jay-Z: No one, no one, no one believed that. Nobody nowhere believed that.

AllHipHop.com: Where does this album rank in your catalogue?

Jay-Z: Its kinda early. Its gotta perform well for me. For me, the music, the lushnessits like Blueprint-esque. But the story lines and the way it put together lyrically (mumbles Its almost like a sacrilege for me to say this) its like between Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint a mix of those two albums.

AllHipHop.com: Youre an executive and busy man, having you started writing your rhymes as opposed to doing them from memory?

Jay-Z: No, its still the same process. For me, it feels better just to vibe with it. Theres something about the pen and paper that puts it in a box.

AllHipHop.com: Is anybody else on the album?

Jay-Z: No, thats pretty much it. I still might switch some things around, but thats the body. Bilal is singing on Fallen. Beans on Ignorant S**t and thats pretty much it.

Interviewer: Prior to seeing the movie, were you familiar with Frank Lucas?

Jay-Z: No, he was so quiet. I knew his name, but I didnt exactly know what he was about. I heard bits and piecesabout the bodies. I really didnt know his story. The main draw was the emotion of what this represented. The movie shot great and is fantastic, but the emotion of it is what I was drawn to. And the character, his characterthe way he was laid back. This guy made $250 million in the 70s. Thats like $2 billion cash. Thats a whole nother story of why he didnt stop. 10, 20 [million]those are a whole lot of benchmarks 50? 100? Thats a whole nother conversation.

Interviewer: You know, the thing is Frank flipped [snitched]

Jay-Z: You know what the thing about Hollywood is, you cant let it end good. Thats not a good message. But, what kids do anyway, regardless of the story, however they are they pull what they want from the movie. No matter how it ends. Scarface died and he became a hero to everyone. He was in everybodys lyrics and everybody patterned themselves after them and he died. The point was for you not to pattern yourself after him, because this is what happens. What you do is you pull out the things that relate to your life. Im not Frank Lucas. Thats how he chose to live his life.

Interviewer: Is there a difference with not being concerned with not having a hot single, but having this piece of work?

Jay-Z: It's fun. Fun for me. I mean, and the inspiration is working out. It's really like aits a good thing for me. I think you asked me last time, about cursing and shooting guns and sh*t. I said, I aint never shoot nobody before or something to that affect. So, [American Gangster] allows me to get the aggressive content out. [room erupts into laughter.]

AllHipHop.com: Will you do anything else to support the album like touring?

Jay-Z: I really look forward to touring, because of the musicthe musicality of it all. Im looking at a band right now. Im looking to tour this summer. With all that instrumentation thats in that album, forget about it. Forget about it.

Interviewer: Outside of the creative nature, do you ever get to the point where you are like, I think I should just stop? Like, Ive already gotten this far. Maybe I should just stop.

Jay-Z: AhhhIm like the boxer. You know the boxerboxers dont stop.

Interviewer: Even Tyson knew when to quit.

Jay-Z: No he didnt. [Laughs]

AllHipHop.com: Lennox. You mean, Lennox Lewis.

Jay-Z: [laughs] I was in Memphis. [Editors note: Lennox Lewis defeated Mike Tyson in Memphis, Tenn on June 9, 2002.] Remember the show right before the Tyson fight when I ran over there? Yeah, that was it. No good.

AllHipHop.com: Can you speak on Kanyes Big Brother record? I know you have commented on it before. But, it was praising you and also criticizing you as well. There was a lot said in that record. Do you have any opinion on his views?

Jay-Z: I think it was brilliant, for one. Roc-A-Fella is tough love. His feelings are very understandable, because its tough lovenothing is given. Theres no free rides none of that s**t. You gotta earn your way. You fail, you better get up so you can feel that. Those type of emotions [Kanye relayed]for him to come out and say it, it actually brought us closer. [It was like] his true emotions. Everything on the song was true it was true in his mind. Thats what made it great, because it was honestly how [Kanye] felt.

AllHipHop.com: Is it all true from your perspective?

Jay-Z: No. Of course not. We know everybody sees things differently. If I told you something like, Carleen said I could buy two tickets, you would think he didnt get any tickets. He got four [tickets]. He wanted six. Its true, butits really true. He wanted two more tickets, but if you heard that youd be like, Damn, them n***as aint give the n***a no tickets. [room laughs] Come on!

And [with] Coldplay I introduced him! I gave him the number. I made the song happen. I did that. Like, [mimicking a phone call] Coldplay, heres Kanye. Here. [passing phone to imaginary Kanye] Its great though, because its his truth. Thats whats brilliant about him. It wasnt no bulls**t it was the way he felt.

AllHipHop.com: How did it feel when you did the VH1 special on Reasonable Doubt? All the people were there, even Jaz-O [Jays estranged mentor].

Jay-Z: I wasnt there when they was interviewing everybody just the people that I sat with. It felt great. I knew it was gonna be a great piece. Barry Michael Cooper (writer/film maker) really put his intelligent Black man on it though. It was great.

AllHipHop.com: Was [Blue Magic] paying homage to Rakim, it's kind of obvious, but

Jay-Z: Yeah, yeah. It's like, lets strip everything down, put four little sounds, and some echoes, and just start the whole s**t over.

Interviewer: Where is that song in the album list?

Jay-Z: Its third, but I might make it a bonus, because it f**ks with me where it's at. I cant really find a place for it. Im going to create the saying "double bonus".

AllHipHop.com: The I Get Money remix is on there too, right?

Jay-Z: That was on there to make 12 records, but I dont know if Im gonna do that. I havent figured that one out yet. Triple Bar mitzvah.

Interviewer: What about on the executive side? How long do you plan to do that?

Jay-Z: I dont know, I really don't. At this point, I want to do it to make history. I cant look in everyones eyes in the boardroom and look into everybodys eyes and [if] everybody not committed to making history, I just dont know. That's a big commitment. You commit to years, the next chapter, the next three years, I gotta really think about that. Look around and see if everybody's committed to being great, to chasing Berry Gordy, Motown and something like that.
....Da Upper Echelon Don....​

",,,cocked the baby 9mm, that N' gravy mine...*clanked him*-what was he thinkin on my corner when it's 'Pay-Me' time?"

so i guess nas aint on the album..
ONE YASELF!!
TEAM PLATANO

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND
PSN ID:THEh8er83​

Quote:
Red Porsches, rare portraits
Rare guns if you dare come near the fortress
This apple sauce is from
The apple orchid
This kind of talk is only reserved
For the bosses
Which means I get it from the ground
Which means you get it when Im around
:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
:nerd:
nerd.gif
Team Negrodamus​

Just listened to Roc Boys. :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
ing to get the idea--it's okay to go back and eff with the sound/feeling that got you to where you are now. Maybe more artists will "get back to their roots". I can only hope.
P - F U N K​

I love the very end of Roc Boys when it's just the sax for some reason

And I could def see Puff dancing around the house in his socks to this @#%$ :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Logic Goes To Die
Fred Lewis > Illmatic​

Quote:
So it's unfair to make a comparison to those records because he said it's a "cross between"

Nah Gritty not saying that however true blue basically shares the same sentiment as me:

Quote:
I mean, even if he did say the album is like a cross between 'X' and 'Y'... I'm not really looking for that. At the end of the day I'm lookin for good music, nothing more and nothing less. There's no reason one should just turn it down because they assume he can't turn back the clock, if the music is hot that's all that should matter right?
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Quote:
And I could def see Puff dancing around the house in his socks to this @#%$ :lol:
laugh.gif

:lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
Uh uh, uh uh! Can't stop..."

I still don't understand how people aren't feeling this. :smh:
smh.gif
FLOAT AROUND IN THE GREATEST OF PORSCHES,
FEEL LIKE A CHUCKWAGON CUZ I'M ON 12 HORSES​

Back
Top Bottom