YO! The Official Jay Z post...

I agree that the best song on KC was "Do you wanna ride" or "The Prelude" dudes prolly just don't understand the lyrics on "Do youwanna ride"...

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

5 classics

laugh.gif
No hate at all theres no way Jigga has 5 classics
roll.gif
that statement is literally laughable

smokin.gif

^ Reasonable Doubt is a classic and thats it to me. I dont think anything else he'll ever do again will match up to that masterpiece, the album is justthat great. The only other imo that comes close is BP but that had just too many skippable joints on it for me(Hola Hovito, The Ruler's Back, Jigga thatN_, and Song Cry) . My personal fav happens to be Dynasty and all the Volumes but let me ask you, do you have Jigga down for 5 classics???

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

^ Reasonable Doubt is a classic thats it to me. I dont think anything else he'll ever do again will match up to that masterpiece, the album is just that great. The only other imo that comes close is BP but that had just too many skippable joints on it for me(Hola Hovito, The Ruler's Back, Jigga that N_, and Song Cry) . My personal fav happens to be Dynasty and all the Volumes but let me ask you, do you have Jigga down for 5 classics???

smokin.gif
5? no. 4? we'll see with AG
RD-Classic without a doubt
BP- Fav album of all time
TBA- Only flaw to the album is the beat of "justify my thug"
VOL 1- to me its (personal classic) minus i know what girls...
AG- honestly, this album just needs years under its belt for it to be labeled up there.

so thats 4. without listin an album before '01, what albums are so great that you can knock TBA and AG out as bein inferior and not classic?

4!? Wow ok Well like I said I just dont feel BP like that for it to be classic and AG well like I said before in this thread all I need is Success, Say Hello,and American Gangster(probably add in Party Life). These albums just dont warrant the classic title yall throw around here with your fav artists. I tend tojudge an artist on their previous work when they have a new album not the other albums out at the time. Now I love TBA think its a great album but just notclassic to me. I dont kno what yall requirements for classic are and with hip hop in such a bad state when it comes to quality yall may have subconcsiouslylowered yall standards

So ok here's my list of albums that are better than AG(just cuz you asked this album really should be put no here near classic) and TBA:
Madvilliany
A Long Hot Summer
Disposable Arts
The Tipping Point
The Eminem Show
Phernology
Late Registration
Game Theory
Purple Haze
Diplomatic Immunity
Fishscale
More Fish
The Big Doe Rehab
Made
Be
Highing Fly
Food & Liquor
The Realness
The Testament
The True Meaniing
The Listening
The Minstrel Show
Black Bastards
Vaudeville Villian
Venomous villian
Escape From Monsta Island
MM... Food
The Further Adventure of Lord Quas
Champion Sound
Below The Heavens
Detroit Deli
Trinity(Past, Present, & Future)
A Gentleman & A Gangster
Jesus Price Superstar
Even In Darkness
Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
Mos Definite
Revolutionary Vol. 1
Revolutionary Vol. 2
Waitin To Inhale
To Tha X-Treme
The Grind Date
Popular Demand
Training Day
Murs 3:16 The 9th Edition
Anarchy

Damn well this is all I could get on my laptop and I dot wanna check anymore or bother to check my external hard drive. These albums to me are better I had todouble check but if ay of them were before '01 dont count em. Im more than sure that I am forgetting a dozen more albums i didnt even really touch onmaistream releases. Also theres a grip of mixtapes that are better as well but hey I don know maybe its me, Im sure somebody will take 1 of the albums listedand stoeface me but oh well maybe Im the crazy 1 and Ol Man Jigga really does have 4 or even 5 classic albums that I happen to not feel. I highly doubt it butthats just me I may edit this list and add more something in da back of my head is irking me that I forgot a really good album.

smokin.gif

damn.. still can't get over this cd

Survive the droughts, i wish you well...
Survive the droughts? I wish you well?
How sick am i? I wish you health
I wish you wheels, i wish you wealth
I wish you insight so you could see for yourself

smh.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

I don know maybe its me, Im sure somebody will take 1 of the albums listed and stoeface me
im not one to comment on music i havent heard, but by you mentioning that peeps can stoneface you for certain choices then you dont really agreewith all of your list either. but we all got differnt opinions.

but one thing i have learned from your post is that i need to listen to more music. besides the artist that been mentioned on NT and mainstream a bunch oftimes, which albums would you recommend from your list?

thagreatj wrote:
I don know maybe its me, Im sure somebody will take 1 of the albums listed and stoeface me
im not one to comment on music i havent heard, but by you mentioning that peeps can stoneface you for certain choices then you dont really agree with all of your list either. but we all got differnt opinions.

but one thing i have learned from your post is that i need to listen to more music. besides the artist that been mentioned on NT and mainstream a bunch of times, which albums would you recommend from your list?

Nah I just kno NT thats why I said I expected it

Now from my list just to start off from joints this year Below the Heavens by Blu & Exile if you like that you can also check another joint by the rapperBlu under artist Johnson & Johnson the album is Powder & Oils.

Then Id go to the joints I think are classic on the list Madvilliany by Madvillian(Madlib + MF DOOM), A Long Hot Summer & Disposable Arts(conceptalbums) by Masta Ace, The Grind Date by De La Soul, Champion Sound by Jaylib(Madlib + J Dilla), Murs 3: 16 the 9th Edition by MURS, Revolutionary Vol. 1 &2 by Immortal Technique, The Listening by Little Brother, and Even in Darkness by the Dungeon Family.

If you curious about any other joints I tried to group all the albums by the same rapper but just reply back for any if you need the artist.

smokin.gif

thagreatj wrote:
im not one to comment on music i havent heard, but by you mentioning that peeps can stoneface you for certain choices then you dont really agree with all of your list either. but we all got differnt opinions.

but one thing i have learned from your post is that i need to listen to more music. besides the artist that been mentioned on NT and mainstream a bunch of times, which albums would you recommend from your list?

Nah I just kno NT thats why I said I expected it

Now from my list just to start off from joints this year Below the Heavens by Blu & Exile if you like that you can also check another joint by the rapper Blu under artist Johnson & Johnson the album is Powder & Oils.

Then Id go to the joints I think are classic on the list Madvilliany by Madvillian(Madlib + MF DOOM), A Long Hot Summer & Disposable Arts(concept albums) by Masta Ace, The Grind Date by De La Soul, Champion Sound by Jaylib(Madlib + J Dilla), Murs 3: 16 the 9th Edition by MURS, Revolutionary Vol. 1 & 2 by Immortal Technique, The Listening by Little Brother, and Even in Darkness by the Dungeon Family.

If you curious about any other joints I tried to group all the albums by the same rapper but just reply back for any if you need the artist.

smokin.gif

ill let you know what i think about Below the Heavens by Blu & Exile and Murs 3: 16 the 9th Edition by MURS sometime in the future.

4!? Wow ok Well like I said I just dont feel BP like that for it to be classic and AG well like I said before in this thread all I need is Success, Say Hello, and American Gangster(probably add in Party Life). These albums just dont warrant the classic title yall throw around here with your fav artists. I tend to judge an artist on their previous work when they have a new album not the other albums out at the time. Now I love TBA think its a great album but just not classic to me. I dont kno what yall requirements for classic are and with hip hop in such a bad state when it comes to quality yall may have subconcsiously lowered yall standards

So ok here's my list of albums that are better than AG(just cuz you asked this album really should be put no here near classic) and TBA:
Madvilliany
A Long Hot Summer
Disposable Arts
The Tipping Point
The Eminem Show
Phernology
Late Registration
Game Theory
Purple Haze
Diplomatic Immunity
Fishscale
More Fish
The Big Doe Rehab
Made
Be
Highing Fly
Food & Liquor
The Realness
The Testament
The True Meaniing
The Listening
The Minstrel Show
Black Bastards
Vaudeville Villian
Venomous villian
Escape From Monsta Island
MM... Food
The Further Adventure of Lord Quas
Champion Sound
Below The Heavens
Detroit Deli
Trinity(Past, Present, & Future)
A Gentleman & A Gangster
Jesus Price Superstar
Even In Darkness
Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
Mos Definite
Revolutionary Vol. 1
Revolutionary Vol. 2
Waitin To Inhale
To Tha X-Treme
The Grind Date
Popular Demand
Training Day
Murs 3:16 The 9th Edition
Anarchy

Damn well this is all I could get on my laptop and I dot wanna check anymore or bother to check my external hard drive. These albums to me are better I had to double check but if ay of them were before '01 dont count em. Im more than sure that I am forgetting a dozen more albums i didnt even really touch on maistream releases. Also theres a grip of mixtapes that are better as well but hey I don know maybe its me, Im sure somebody will take 1 of the albums listed and stoeface me but oh well maybe Im the crazy 1 and Ol Man Jigga really does have 4 or even 5 classic albums that I happen to not feel. I highly doubt it but thats just me I may edit this list and add more something in da back of my head is irking me that I forgot a really good album.

smokin.gif
That list say it all you are just a funny style dude

Seriously, the Eminem Show? Thats like one of his worse CD's

Back
Top Bottom