YO! The Official Jay Z post...

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Its an lp full of nacissisism (sp?) I can appreciate it for what it is seeing as tho I'm pretty high on myself but I don't give it more substance (for lact of a better word due to watching this storytellers) than it actually possesses and presents. Thus why I rate it where I do.
So you mean to say that Vol. 1 was a more thorough album than The Blueprint? Sorry, but I have to disagree with you there my dude. The reason I feelthat TB is Hov's best work is because not only was it on par lyrically, but the production on it was exquisite. There's not a single track on thatalbum that makes me go
sick.gif
when I hear it come on. Vol. 1 on the otherhand... I Know What Girls Like? I mean, are you serious? Come on, Jay.

Don't get me wrong though, I still feel like Vol. 1 is a good representation of Jay's growth and I got it as Jay's fifth-best, which says a lotconsidering how many good to great albums the man has put out. Like, how do you get more gutter than Where I'm From ? Although, as he's said himself, Vol. 1 is when he started going more commercial (maybe TOOcommercial) and had it not been for a couple of tracks, it could have been hands down his best work. Jay"don't slack a minute" on The Blueprint. It's way more consistent and contains a lot less flaws than does Vol. 1. Friend Or Foe '98 falls leagues short of the first one. How do you go fromLucky Me to Sunshine back to Who You Wit?

But I digress.

Originally Posted by Rapper Slash Exec

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Its an lp full of nacissisism (sp?) I can appreciate it for what it is seeing as tho I'm pretty high on myself but I don't give it more substance (for lact of a better word due to watching this storytellers) than it actually possesses and presents. Thus why I rate it where I do.
So you mean to say that Vol. 1 was a more thorough album than The Blueprint? Sorry, but I have to disagree with you there my dude. The reason I feel that TB is Hov's best work is because not only was it on par lyrically, but the production on it was exquisite. There's not a single track on that album that makes me go
sick.gif
when I hear it come on. Vol. 1 on the other hand... I Know What Girls Like? I mean, are you serious? Come on, Jay.

Don't get me wrong though, I still feel like Vol. 1 is a good representation of Jay's growth and I got it as Jay's fifth-best, which says a lot considering how many good to great albums the man has put out. Like, how do you get more gutter than Where I'm From ? Although, as he's said himself, Vol. 1 is when he started going more commercial (maybe TOO commercial) and had it not been for a couple of tracks, it could have been hands down his best work. Jay "don't slack a minute" on The Blueprint. It's way more consistent and contains a lot less flaws than does Vol. 1. Friend Or Foe '98 falls leagues short of the first one. How do you go from Lucky Me to Sunshine back to Who You Wit?

But I digress.
Ok... I said that he was spitting sharply on BP but... where is the substance? What is he saying? Not much out of the songs I previously named whichbrings me back to my og post. Oh and "Jigga That _" ? Refer to portion of my post you quoted.

1) Reasonable Doubt
2) Blueprint
3a) American Gangster
3b) The Black Album
5) Volume 1
6) BP2

And why does Sunshine get so much hate?

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by all19mjs

Anybody see storyteller?

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
son i fell asleep by mistake in the middle of blue magic. please tell me this is coming on again

Blue magic was the last song fam so you made it through

Originally Posted by PROGANGSTALEAN

Say Hello is my new favorite Jay-Z song.

i heard a beat that sounds really similar to Say Hello but im not sure if the same guy produced the same one and just switched it up

here it is its Willie The Kid and La Da Dark Man this off a 2year old mixtape
listen for yourself

name="wmode" value="transparent">
name="wmode" value="transparent">

i have no clue, but that is the song that put me on to Jay...i was like 11 listenin to nothin but bone.

I hate blends I dont know why. The best blend I ever heard was biggie nasty girl over tupac changez beat

Originally Posted by all19mjs

1. Reasonable Doubt
    pimp.gif
  2. The blue print
  3. AG
  4. TBA
  5. Vol 1. Nobody list is gonna be the same.

Either way you look at it, thats still 5 classics right there. No other ARTIST can say they got 5 classics under there belt. Even tho its all opinion howmany other artists can be GREAT enough to even stir up a conversation in the hood or anywhere else about having 5 classics?
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom