YO! The Official Jay Z post...

^ wow they both suck equally

:smokin
smokin.gif
Team Otaku
TeamWolfShirts
"Its painful how sexy I look in this."

I woulda took a HOT 16 from Bleek, like intro to Vol. 2. I havent heard @#%$ from him in so damn long.

Dead Presidents III Full Version has surfaced.
These young cats think i fell out the loop
Cause the last time they seen me hoppin' out the coupe
I hopped out in a suit.

I take that back...it was dead presidents part 1, buddy thought he had some exclusive @#%$, and didn't listen to it, he just posted it. lol
These young cats think i fell out the loop
Cause the last time they seen me hoppin' out the coupe
I hopped out in a suit.

^ Damn dude, you was about to have half of the music forum goin' crazy. :lol:
laugh.gif
I wish for you 100 years of success but it's my TIME
And the winner is HOV...​

Only thing I'm tight about is the fact that its called hello brooklyn, f this n doing on a bk track. Hov illin if this is real
TEAM XBOX360​
.::McLovinMcLovin::.​

ok ok ok
So now the guy wants his record played by don demarco
any problems? He can go to demarco
trouble with his spins? He can go to demarco
beef on the streets, with other DJ's, he can go to Demiggs... :rofl:
roll.gif

Jay should just re-do the vol 2. outro to make the ignorant @#%$ intro be the same as what don demarco put just replace it with jay z instead of don demarco :rofl:
roll.gif
, ignorant @#%$ is too damn :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Open your Mind!

Quote:
bleek > wayne you're wildn
TEAM EAGLES
Andrews - Baskett - Brown - Brown - Bunkley - Cole - Considine - Curtis - Dawkins - Gaither - Gocong - Herremans
Howard - Jackson - Kearse - McNabb - Patterson - Runyan - Sheppard - Spikes - Tapeh - Thomas - Westbrook​

^^the supposed final tracklist has Wayne on it
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

So is Hov just releasing Dead Presidents III just to release a track? Or is it gonna be on AG as a hidden or bonus track?

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Sleep is for the weak.

Ok, so apparently, Jay spit some lines on Big Boy's radio show today and apparently, they were wack. Now, take that with a grain of salt, but just a heads up ...
Shoes For SalePM Me...Too Lazy To Post In Buy/Sell Currently
Sizes 12 - 13

^ Were they whack to you or were they whack to Big Boy or his listeners?

Need some type of link to even prove this happend

:smokin
smokin.gif
Team Otaku
TeamWolfShirts
"Its painful how sexy I look in this."

^ He sellin' whoppers........after Jay spit, then Big Boy says something like "That was terrible".....obviously joking.

Life Ain't Hard................But it's sho not easy!!!
SO YOU BETTER EAT YOUR WHEATIES!!!

I wasn't listening, just word on some other sites. And thanks pop for setting that straight ...
Shoes For SalePM Me...Too Lazy To Post In Buy/Sell Currently
Sizes 12 - 13

good god that dead presidents 3 beat is insane :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i need this track in my life, the beat sounds better than pt. 2 imo....

new Jay-Z interview....prolly the best one Ive read since the album news.
Quote:
Its not every day in hip-hop you hear a legendary rapper say he saw a movie that inspired him to create an album.

Yeah. When I saw the movie, the way Denzel portrayed the character, you know, we never seen a Black guy ascend this high in a movie before, to being over the mob. So immediately that struck with me. Like, the success of it all. Like, Wow, go! [Applauds] The reason we applaud Oprahno matter what she says about usits cause shes gone so far. One of the most important scenes [in the movie] to me was when Denzel and the T.I. character sat down, and they had that talk. T.I. was a pitching prospect. Denzels character got him that tryout with the Yankees, and he blew it off, and Denzel was like, Why did you blow it off? And hes like, I want to be like you. They didnt show the scene after that. Denzel in the corner reflecting. Denzel in his bedroom crying. You know, like in The Godfather. The Godfather didnt want Michael in the business, right? Im sure Denzel felt the same way about his nephew. But he couldnt say that. So what I did was take emotions from [scenes like] that. Like, I took that emotion and pulled it into my song [Sweet]. So its my own movie. I call it an indie film nowthats my new @#%$. Its the indie-film version of American Gangster.

It also gave you a chance to do an album with content more in the vein of Reasonable Doubt, right? More street content.

Exactly. I never thought I would make it back there. I never thought I would be in that place. Because I wasnt going to do it for the sake of doing it. Thats corny, and thats fake. If I dont show the world growth, how are we going to grow? And I represent hip-hop as well, you know, with what I do. What I do is a reflection on hip-hop. And if I dont show growth, then they going to be like: This guy right here, hes successful. Why is he shooting at people in his raps?

Its interesting that, in a year where we had the Imus scandal and all these attacks on hip-hop, you would make a record like this, at this level in your career. Do you worry about being misunderstood?

I dont really care about that, cause its true emotions. You cant just fix a curse and fix a neighborhood. If you told me tomorrow that if I stop saying @#%$, that the neighborhood would be fixed, Ill never say @#%$ again. Ill never say @#%$ again. I deal with that on this album, with the Ignorant @#%$. Scarface the movie did more than Scarface the rapper, to me, but still that aint the blame for everything that has happened to me. If youre going to attack a section of entertainment, you have to attack it all. You cant just attack music. You have to attack films and video gamesthey killed more people in the opening of Grand Theft Auto than 50 Cent killed on any one of his albums. All his albums put together.

How did you feel when all that went down? Did you think it was just something that was going to blow over?

Yeah. I didnt even think it was worth my attention. Because I was really upset thatlike, how did we get there? We just took the argument and moved it. Imus is a racist. Hip-hop are entertainers. Theyre entertainers. Thats two different issues. Imus is not a fan of hip-hop. He couldnt name three songs off of any rappers album. Hes not a fan of hip-hop. Hes not listening to hip-hop. So hes not influenced by hip-hop. Thats his choice and his feelings. Or even his playing and going way too far. Which is cool. If he stood behind that, like: Im just entertaining. Im acting a fool. Thats cool. Thats not what he said.

The hip-hop community was mad cause Russell said we should clean it up and

I had a conversation with Russell, to be perfectly frank. Im like: Russell, man, you gotta be careful in how you go about doing that. You represent us. You cant do that. At least have a conversation with everybody about it. You just cant speak out like that. And I dont agree. You know, I aint agree with everybody going on Oprah. I thought it was really a bad move for us, because theres no way to win. That show, its not edited by us. You cant win. Its not an equal forum. I dont think that was the right forum for that type of conversation. If you have the conversation, really have the conversation. Have a conversation. Dont talk at me.

This new music is coming after Kingdom Come, an album where you showed maturity and growth and laid off of the street content. Do you feel like the rap audience misunderstood where you were going with Kingdom Come?

Art is subjective. Its subjective, right? So, you know, you gotta be careful withyou dont have to be careful. Youre really supposed to do what you gotta do, and if people follow you But the space I was in, its very difficult [for the audience] to relate to those emotions. Like, you can relate to the emotions on Blueprint. You know, thats moreuniversal feeling. Thats the struggle. Its hard to relate to the feeling on the other side. And I think it was too much of that, but it was an honest feeling at the time. Like I said, I love that because thats what Im supposed to be doingwhether its accepted by everybody or not. Im supposed to be pushing the envelope and trying new things. And people are supposed to say, Hov, you might have went too far.

Its the new generation of fans and rappers who are gonna judge you the harshest. Do you think its fair that youre compared to every new sensation, like Lil Wayne?

I dont think its fair to me, and I dont think its fair to them, with the amount of work that I put in. But its human nature. So I gotta do what Ive been doing. I gotta compete with my work. Not to take anything away from him. I think Lil Wayne is extremely talented. I think hes one of the most talented ones out there. I mean, even more so how his delivery is than what he says. I dont think some of the things he says sometimes are the greatest things, but the way he delivers it, thats part of it. People got to look at that, too. Thats a big, important part of the puzzle. But do I think me and Lil Wayne should be in the same sentence? Me? No. I mean, hopefully one day. He has to accumulate work. Put some classics under his belt.

So youre not ready to hand him or anyone else the torch yet. This isnt gonna be your last album?

I want to never say that again. Just make the albums, man. And if one day people wake up and its four years later, and you havent made another, they go, Wait a minute, youre retired! I think thats best for me. I think I pulled the retirement ripcord too many times. People looking at me like, Please shut up. I was looking at Fade to Black the other day. I was embarrassed. I couldnt watch. Im not playing with you. I had to turn it off. I was cringing. Like, Im about to put out another album, man. Another one. Not only was that not my last, I put out another one, and Im about to put out another one. I wasted a great film! Im about to make another film, though. Not on retirement, just another film. I want to make a movie with this album. Like a short film, a better Streets Is Watching. I want to get the Hughes brothers to direct it. Ill be doing a disservice if I didnt deliver it [American Gangster] in a proper way.
....Da Upper Echelon Don....​

",,,cocked the baby 9mm, that N' gravy mine...*clanked him*-what was he thinkin on my corner when it's 'Pay-Me' time?"

Dead Presidents 3 is going to leak soon on the next tape
Team Negrodamus​
TEAM BROOKLYN
TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND
PSN: DMasta718​

Back
Top Bottom