YO! The Official Jay Z post...

pimp.gif

Just copped today... Reaaalllly good so far.
pimp.gif
Gotta get some more spinsto say more though.

Fallin'
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

After listening to this for a week or so, I still dont get the whole "concept album" thing.

It seems to me like he just took it back to his old days.

Album is dope.

Cosign..^^ His flow ain't gone nowhere like that.

Damn this is a good album. The overall feeling and vibe is just amazing.. hard to explain. Album of the year for me, AG>>>Graduation.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

After listening to this for a week or so, I still dont get the whole "concept album" thing.

It seems to me like he just took it back to his old days.

Album is dope.

he said it(the movie) gave him inspiration (imo reminded him of his past) and allowed him a reason (to the general public) to spit that grittier Stuffagain. as far as "concept" if you seen the movie, or seen any gangsta/drug movie, you start from the bottom, you dream of how to get money, you getmoney, you go crazy wit the money, you begin to slip and then you fall.
hope that helps.

Roc Boys is dope

Fallin' is dope

Success is dope

American Gangster is dope

a couple other songs are bangers but those are my favs...and i don't care what y'all say and i'm puttin my flame suit on...but Hello Brooklyn goesHARD (NH) in the whip and is not as bad as y'all claimed it was...

Prayer-Dude trying to figure out what he wants in life, weighing the good and the bad, recalling all those movies that he has seen
American Dreaming- Kid dreaming of the life
Hello Brooklyn- Introducing himself as a up and comer
No Hook- Building his rep. doing all that gutters stuff you have to do in order to get that respect
Roc Boys- Dude feeling his first taste os success, not quite there yet but partying to get his way up
Sweet- Starting to feel the pressures, what these things have done ot his family and friends
I know- Telling the Dope game that he knows that it loves him and the grittiness of it
Party Life- He is now addicted to the game, and this addiction is what brings on his downfall
Ignorant !%#$-(This one doesn't go with the theme but for the sake of arguement) It's like he's addicted and paranoid to the point he doesn'tknow which way is up and listens to how everyone told him that he was losing it but how in his mind he still has it
Say Hello- Looking himself in the face like "There that is the bad guy" trying to reason on why what he is doing is right
Success- He's to big by this point and he has no where to go but down
Fallin- It's over, he blew up now he's down and copping with that
Blue Magic-(Hot single) it's a bonus but for the sake of arguement, Introducing himself and his product and telling who he is would probably fit betweenHello Brooklyn and No Hook
American Gangster- (Idk bout this one) This one to me is like when things aren't going good but he got himself back, Along the lines of Nicky Barnes on theCover of time, This is him being MR. Untouchable

*Maybe I'm reading to much into it but I've listened to it everyday since it came out and that is how I look at each song, then again if you look forsomething ya'll find it so.

Nah you not readin too much into it.

That is the basis on the concept part of the album. Each track is a recollection in the rise and fall of a hustler.

^Yeah I agree...dudes analysis was pretty much on point.

American Dreamin' still gets played every day.....that song is just beautiful music.

you gotta love the linear progression/sequence in which Hov put this album together
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theo6kid

Prayer-Dude trying to figure out what he wants in life, weighing the good and the bad, recalling all those movies that he has seen
American Dreaming- Kid dreaming of the life
Hello Brooklyn- Introducing himself as a up and comer
No Hook- Building his rep. doing all that gutters stuff you have to do in order to get that respect
Roc Boys- Dude feeling his first taste os success, not quite there yet but partying to get his way up
Sweet- Starting to feel the pressures, what these things have done ot his family and friends
I know- Telling the Dope game that he knows that it loves him and the grittiness of it
Party Life- He is now addicted to the game, and this addiction is what brings on his downfall
Ignorant !%#$-(This one doesn't go with the theme but for the sake of arguement) It's like he's addicted and paranoid to the point he doesn't know which way is up and listens to how everyone told him that he was losing it but how in his mind he still has it
Say Hello- Looking himself in the face like "There that is the bad guy" trying to reason on why what he is doing is right
Success- He's to big by this point and he has no where to go but down
Fallin- It's over, he blew up now he's down and copping with that
Blue Magic-(Hot single) it's a bonus but for the sake of arguement, Introducing himself and his product and telling who he is would probably fit between Hello Brooklyn and No Hook
American Gangster- (Idk bout this one) This one to me is like when things aren't going good but he got himself back, Along the lines of Nicky Barnes on the Cover of time, This is him being MR. Untouchable

*Maybe I'm reading to much into it but I've listened to it everyday since it came out and that is how I look at each song, then again if you look for something ya'll find it so.
That more or less how Jay explained the concept on VH1 Storytellers.
pimp.gif

anyone feel like me? feeling like jay sonned the hell outta lil wayne by getting him on the track and not even spitting a verse but doing the hook? i justthink that clarifies pole positioning

does anyone got a link to the album they can PM me? i cant believe this album been out for this long and i still aint here the whole thing through...

Back
Top Bottom