YO! The Official Jay Z post...

I put this one second in Jay's catologue behind RD. I have it ahead of Blueprint because of how well the concept was executed.

Hov stated on Cipha Sounds radio show that the album comes full circle and at the end with the song "American Gangster," even after"Fallin," Shawn Carter still loves the game and the hustle.

My interpretation of the last two tracks is that even after seeing the inevitable fall of the hustler, the allure of the game is just too much. To me, itparalells the documentary "Through The Fire" with sebastian telfair. (This may be reeeaaccching, but I'm going to run with it). Even after hisfamily seeing the trials and tribs it took to get Sebastian to the league, his little brother is out there at the end of the movie shooting hoops and doingdrills as if he wants to be just like his big brother. Both guys are from Brooklyn, both made it out the gutter. I don't know, just my take.

Mez One, I completely agree with you. American Gangster is good, but not great. The concept of this album was to complete a CD and a story line in 2 weeks, andto see how many people would believe its "intricacy."

EDIT: And how the blueprint gets in people's top three is beyond my comprehension. The Dynasty was more street than The Blueprint. It's just myopinion, take it how it is-- probably of no substance, because yours and mine differs
wink.gif

Originally Posted by theknowledgeableprofessor

Mez One, I completely agree with you. American Gangster is good, but not great. The concept of this album was to complete a CD and a story line in 2 weeks, and to see how many people would believe its "intricacy."

EDIT: And how the blueprint gets in people's top three is beyond my comprehension. The Dynasty was more street than The Blueprint. It's just my opinion, take it how it is-- probably of no substance, because yours and mine differs
wink.gif

WOW
tired.gif

On the blueprint, the only guest feature he had on it outshined him. I'll admit, it was much better than the blueprint 2
laugh.gif

crazy em didnt outshine him what em spit was just talk jay verses meant something gotta disagree on that
roll.gif

Originally Posted by all19mjs

On the blueprint, the only guest feature he had on it outshined him. I'll admit, it was much better than the blueprint 2
laugh.gif

crazy em didnt outshine him what em spit was just talk jay verses meant something gotta disagree on that
roll.gif

Which is why you are probably going to but Joe Budden's CD when it drops
embarassed.gif

I had this discussion with Cam a lil while back... I'm not that big on Blueprint... Its actually # 6 in his catalog imo... and to save the question

Vol 1.
RD
TBA
AG
The Curse ( I break BP2 into 2 seperate cd's for some reason)
BP
Dynasty
KC
Vol 3
Vol 2
The Gift

Just My Thoughts...

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I had this discussion with Cam a lil while back... I'm not that big on Blueprint... Its actually # 6 in his catalog imo... and to save the question

Vol 1.
RD
TBA
AG
BP
Dynasty
KC
Vol 3
Vol 2
The Gift

Just My Thoughts...

eek.gif
pimp.gif

I thought I was the only one who thought Vol. 1 > RD.

I have the rest in a different order, but that's a different convo.

Vol 1.
RD
TBA
AG
BP
Dynasty
KC
Vol 3
Vol 2
The Gift
C'mon now.
tired.gif
Vol. 1 was better than RD? Honestly, Vol.1 is his most overrated album. Take away Imaginary Player and all you got is an average to good album. "Sunshine?" "I Know What GirlsLike?"

Originally Posted by all19mjs

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Which is why you are probably going to but Joe Budden's CD when it drops
embarassed.gif
Na i will pass on that and em upcoming cd

STORYTELLER TONIGHT ON VH1 AT MIDNIGHT FOR THOSE THAT HASNT SEEN IT I SUGGEST WATCH IT MAKE THE ALBUM SOUND BETTER

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

On mine the schedule is

Gotti's way, then I love new york, followed by storytellers.

oh wow, i thought it was 11. i see it showing after i love ny also.

Vol 1.
RD
TBA
AG
BP
Dynasty
KC
Vol 3
Vol 2
The Gift

Just My Thoughts...

laugh.gif

Blueprint
Reasonable Doubt
Vol 1
American Gangster
The Black Album
Blueprint 2
Dynasty
Kingdom Come
Vol 2
Vol3

Take away Imaginary Player huh Crossisom?

eek.gif
I'm kinda speechless, I mean hey to each his own but...
nerd.gif

Where I'm From
Lucky Me
You Must Love Me
Streets is Watchin
RapGame/Crack Game
Faceoff
Friend or Foe2
City Is Mine
Million and One Questions/Rhyme No More

This is average to good to you? You honestly feel as tho BP is better than this? I mean everyone of those songs have substance and they're utterlydisgusting. I'll give you Never Change, Heart of the City, Song Cry Momma Loves Me and his Renegade verses but that's 5 tracks and that's where itstops.

That's like Comparing Steak and Potato's to a #1 at Micky D's. You gone get a good serving off both, but you're actually gonna gain somethingfrom that steak and potato's.

If anything BP is one of thee most overrated lp's I've ever come across, not to be miscontrued with me saying its not ill because that would be a baldface lie. But to say its more than a hot lp makes no sense to me. Besides the production and the time period and what was being released around the same timewhat makes it deserving of the label "Classic" ?

I'll help you...
Izzo
Girls, Girls, Girls
Jigga That _
You Don't Know (I'll give you this)
Hola Hovito
All I Need (I actually like this)
Girls Remix
Lyrical Exercise (Him just jappin out this is that %%@!)

Its an lp full of nacissisism (sp?) I can appreciate it for what it is seeing as tho I'm pretty high on myself but I don't give it more substance (forlact of a better word due to watching this storytellers) than it actually possesses and presents. Thus why I rate it where I do.

lol... Did anyone see TRL today (11/26)? Bow Wow and Omarion were performin theire song together, and I just found it funny how hard Bow Wow tries to jackJay's style. He had tha fitted tilted to tha front coverin his eyes, and then I swear he did tha same movements that Jay be doin when he performs. it waslike this fool sat in front of his TV watchin Jay perform and practiced tha moves in front of tha mirror. and to make it even worse, he started to do tha samewalking thing that T.I. be doin on stage. this dude is such a clown, no wonder Ciara left him

OK so this is my first time clicking this thread...what I miss? I know DAMN WELL I'm not gonna have to make a case for BP being Hova's crowning jewel.Don't make me do it Dre! You know I'll do it! Cuz I'ma r-a-p, raphead! Word to Gator.

Back
Top Bottom