Yo who remembers when Napster first came out? Vol. Jits stay out

What an era
smh.gif
I remember Metallica going extra extra hard trying to fight them, I remember that's when keystyling was the thing to do and there would bebattles all night in the chatrooms along with WinMX. I was getting it in
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
There's still songs from Napster that I haven't seen again.

napster-inc.jpg

aww man, i remember having that on my old old computer
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

me and my brother had hundreds and hundreds of songs

napster was straight
pimp.gif

napster and winmx was what i was using. then i learned about mIRC and it was a wrap
this was back in the 56k era
i remember when you were dl a song, you can definitely not surf the internet, #*%# was crawling
laugh.gif

Yo.. when napster first came out.. cats were still on dial ups.. took like 30 minutes to download one song...

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

Yo.. when napster first came out.. cats were still on dial ups.. took like 30 minutes to download one song...

If someone called, you were straight "
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
" status. Until I learned know to bypass the phone calls to the answer machine
pimp.gif

The memories...
Audiogalaxy and Napster
pimp.gif

That was back in the day when I had slow #*@ internet and would try and download 100 songs overnight
laugh.gif

what sucked too, was i thought id be slick and download at night. no phone calls, nobody trying to get on the computer, etc. come morning, that joint was likeat 25%. i was going to school super heated.

it was on once we got dsl. i thought i was really doing it, downloading 10 songs at a time
laugh.gif
i downloaded damn near 1k+ songs in a week. i was downloadingjust to download at that point. thats when my cd hustle was at its peak

Hey_

I remember.

Debuted while I was overseas,

operating on a dial-up connection.

Also remember WinMX, Kazaa/Morpheus, Audiogalaxy.

...We should all bow our heads and thank Sean Fanning though.

Julius F. Wrek

Originally Posted by doosta45

what sucked too, was i thought id be slick and download at night. no phone calls, nobody trying to get on the computer, etc. come morning, that joint was like at 25%. i was going to school super heated.

it was on once we got dsl. i thought i was really doing it, downloading 10 songs at a time
laugh.gif
i downloaded damn near 1k+ songs in a week. i was downloading just to download at that point. thats when my cd hustle was at its peak
yea, i remember there was this rich kid in school and his parents got him dsl (when it still cost a grip). dude got on his hustle and i rememberpaying 5 bucks for cds. i still got his copy of dmx - its dark and hell is hot cd with the photocopy cd cover and all
laugh.gif

I remember I used to always go to my cousins house to download songs from Napster back in the day then burn CD's. First song I downloaded on there was..Jadakiss - We Gon Make It. Then I got my own computer and started using Kazaa

Hey_

Anybody else remember the excitement they felt when they found a user with an expansive collection and a cable/t1/dsl connection?

Julius F. Wrek

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by doosta45

what sucked too, was i thought id be slick and download at night. no phone calls, nobody trying to get on the computer, etc. come morning, that joint was like at 25%. i was going to school super heated.

laugh.gif
i downloaded damn near 1k+ songs in a week. i was downloading just to download at that point. thats when my cd hustle was at its peak
yea, i remember there was this rich kid in school and his parents got him dsl (when it still cost a grip). dude got on his hustle and i remember paying 5 bucks for cds. i still got his copy of dmx - its dark and hell is hot cd with the photocopy cd cover and all
laugh.gif

Helll yea
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

Hey_

Anybody else remember the excitement they felt when they found a user with an expansive collection and a cable/t1/dsl connection?

Julius F. Wrek

Yes sir, people would often talk to you back it. Almost felt like a community..talked to some rather odd people on there though mostly users just looking totrade.

Back
Top Bottom