Yo who remembers when Napster first came out? Vol. Jits stay out

pimp.gif

Picking what to download before I go to sleep and waking the next day for it all to be there. FTW
Someone picking up the phone during the night. FTL

I remember downloading jay z's blueprint using napster back around 01'. napster was slow as hell, took a good day to download ONE song. Then when kazaawas hot it only took like 3 hours, after that with utorrent and limewire I could download a 4gb whole discography in a few hours. It really is crazy how just 8years ago everything was A LOT different, crazy.

I'm surprised it took til page 3 or 4 for anyone to mention Bearshare. My bro and I used that after Napster went down.

I can't remember the first song I downloaded off of Napster...but I remember the joy when someone had a song I wanted AND had a T3+ connection
pimp.gif

800px-Napster_2.0_Beta_7_screenshot.png

This screencap took me on a nice nostalgia trip.

those were the days when you could cake selling people mixed cds. but bammas never knowing the names of songs and giving you a list with stuff like "themystikal song about weed" jit theres like 100000 of those hahaha.

i was downloading songs and slanging mixtapes for $8 a cd. i was makin it
laugh.gif
sold to all the kids back in my school. only me and 2 other dudes had cd burnersback then when they were $400 to burn at 2x speed.

people always be like how did you get that song??
pimp.gif

before napster we had to download music on some janky .cjb sites and some asianboy sites after clicking thru some random popup ads. also mIRC and ICQ. mostpeople don't know how much work that crap was back in the day, people be trading SONGS on 14.4k

I remember being in the 6th grade at the time. I have 56k and it took me over 20 min to download one song. When I did hear about it, I was amazed.

I discovered Kazzaa soon after once I got cable internet speed, I was downloading songs left and right
laugh.gif

Anyone name drop Soulseek yet? That Blue bird was magical.

I bought my 120 gb hard drive a few years ago, its cost close to 200. Now you can cop a terabyte for less then 200. SMH. Im still using that external HD

Originally Posted by JuJu

those were the days when you could cake selling people mixed cds. but bammas never knowing the names of songs and giving you a list with stuff like "the mystikal song about weed" jit theres like 100000 of those hahaha.

Me and my boy made i killin in school with that 50 V day. We did with a lot of other cds. But yea, females would give me a list of songs for a cd and have ofem i couldnt find because of there wack description. I would just pick a good song by that artist.

My homie was a tech head and he was the one who figured all the mp3 stuff out first... He would always try to send us a song, and that *+*+ would take a couplehours to download
laugh.gif

I remember going to basketball practice and downloading 4 or 5 songs before I left, and it would all be at 26% when I got back
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom