You could have went pro?

Not professional, but Juco college football.
It has nothing to do with an injury I just would rather focus on getting an education than wasting my time playing a game that I no longer have passion for.

I currently play rugby for Minnesota's u19 state team.

While playing for my university's D-3 team, I occasionally play for men's clubs and some D-1 teams.

Our new coach has sent a few people to the Eagles (the U.S' best team,) so we'll see if I have what it takes to get to the next level in the next couple years.

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

Originally Posted by tecca nena

averaged 31 and 34 ppg for my varsity high school team in my junior and senior year. I played for Oak Hill Academy. But my family was really against me playin professional sport so decided to turn down all my college offers. Damnnn was 95% sure to make it to the big league as well.

scholarship?
was offered by NC state, Indiana , Illinois some other ones but turned them down

wats ur name let me look you up on rivals.com, they should have all your offers

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

*uncle rico voice* How much u wanna bet i can throw a football clear over them mountains

THIS! 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

averaged 31 and 34 ppg for my varsity high school team in my junior and senior year. I played for Oak Hill Academy. But my family was really against me playin professional sport so decided to turn down all my college offers. Damnnn was 95% sure to make it to the big league as well.

scholarship?
was offered by NC state, Indiana , Illinois some other ones but turned them down

THIS  and wait you went to oak hill academy but your parents didn't want you playing a professional so you turned down a free college education?!
nerd.gif

and what else make this ducktales you don't go to oak hill academy a basketball based school avg 31 and 34 ppg and not have intentions of having a basketball future!
eyes.gif

I don't know about pro, but I'm sure I could've went D1 only problem was I couldn't shoot, dribble, and I'm only 5'8. I'm sure I would've made it though if my 8th grade coach aint cut me

pro probably not
but i know i could have worked my way into eventually starting at a D1 school at football
had a lot of pac-10 schools looking at me, but my grades + never took SAT.. SMH

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Turned down reserve contracts with Everton and Leeds junior year of high school. Didn't want to go away to Europe at such a young age and actually wanted to do the college thing. Played at Duke and UConn and got an invite to the MLS Combine senior year but at that point I was burnt out and realized I could make more money in the Finance industry than I could in the MLS.

do you now realize you were dumb for not going to Everton?

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Everybody has that story that they were gonna make it to the big league but messed up their knee in high school
my neighbor says that $$@@
laugh.gif

he even has a knee brace...he played hs football and now hes about 40 still living at home with 3 kids
roll.gif

Originally Posted by vatech733

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

scholarship?

THIS  and wait you went to oak hill academy but your parents didn't want you playing a professional so you turned down a free college education?!
nerd.gif

and what else make this ducktales you don't go to oak hill academy a basketball based school avg 31 and 34 ppg and not have intentions of having a basketball future!
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

you guys still are trying to prove him wrong
eyes.gif
. dude is straight up lying. if he went to oak hill and averaged 34 ppg he would not be getting scholarships from only nc state, indiana, and illinois.

I should've never quit soccer - I was the only one on my club team that didn't play in college, I was pissed at a lot of politics and just quit...

...matter of fact, it was the coach at Temple that got me into the school, but I got there and just said, ''*@*! it'' - I regret that decision to this very day.

Couple of my friends had quick stints (and some are still playing) in the MLS: Judah and Micah Cooks, Chino, Kenny Arena (Bruce's son), and Amir Lowery...

...everything happens for a reason I suppose and it definitely burns to watch a MLS game and see people playing that I know I'm better than, but if I never quit soccer and learned the valuable lesson of how lame it feels to be a quitter and let behind the scene politics and sneak talk get to you so much that you turn your back on your God-given talent - I would've dropped outta law school.

Life lesson learned...

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Couple of my friends had quick stints (and some are still playing) in the MLS: Judah and Micah Cooks, Chino, Kenny Arena (Bruce's son), and Amir Lowery...
Chino Alegria?...

Mmm...son was a bum and never seemed in shape. Of course it didn't help he was on some bad DC teams.

...matter of fact, Chino gave me the most beautiful assist anyone ever played me - we were at the USA Cup in Minnesota playin' some scrub Midwestern squad - homie had the ball around our 18 and I was up top (striker), the sweeper was sleepin' in the back so when I made my deep %$% run I was still onside, Chino sent a ball from our 18 to about 30 yards outside of their goal right to my foot perfectly in stride with my run...

...I sent that !%$# scorchin' to the upper 90, but his pass was more amazing than my goal.

i cut the whole back of my knee open i have pics before i got the stitches 48 of them
i could have played NCAA i had a dream about playing for the NY yanks
and winning the world championship but i really never played baseball in my life

Originally Posted by bud dink

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Turned down reserve contracts with Everton and Leeds junior year of high school. Didn't want to go away to Europe at such a young age and actually wanted to do the college thing. Played at Duke and UConn and got an invite to the MLS Combine senior year but at that point I was burnt out and realized I could make more money in the Finance industry than I could in the MLS.

do you now realize you were dumb for not going to Everton?

thats what im sitting here saying.

If ANY european team would of gave showed any interest in me, Im gone.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

When I was around 14 and those years, I had trials with necaxa, atlante, atlas.

I wanted to win the world cup with mexico.

while I was with necaxa, they cut me for a mexican born player because I was born in the USA.
Damn, 
ohwell.gif
But is that why you're a U.S. fan now?

As for me I would've gotten at least a scholarship for baseball if I kept playing.

I have always been a US fan, but back then i wanted to play for mexico just so I could of played for my dad's favorite team. (Guadalajara only accepts mexican players.)

but after I was cut and returned home, one of the first things i did was throw all of any mexico affiliated stuff to the trash. except for my necaxa, atlante, and atlas jerseys that they gave me.

I am not going to say that I could have went pro, but if I had the mindset i had now (workout twice a day before and after work 6am and 5 30 pm) and had a coach who gave a damn.  It could have been very interesting how far I would have went.  A coach who cares and that has good connections is always a gigantic help. 

if i wasn't so damn lazy, i could of probably been a bench warmer at a D2 school for basketball.
but that's about it

never could of went pro, but I have played against players who I knew would go pro.

Such as Jarryd Bayless from the Blazers. Dude killed our bball team in HS

Back
Top Bottom