You ever wondered what chicken nuggets are made from?

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Majority of the world would kill for some nuggets, so I ain't complaining.
Je Ne, is that really how you justify it?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Shogun

Us Americans are so spoiled when it comes to food.  We're very conservative compared to other countries.  You learn a lot of stuff watching Bizarre Foods.  Mushed up eyes and guts in the nuggets is not that bad.  Some cultures eat that on the regular.  They cook up the edible parts of the animal and not waste anything.

Do they use ammonia and bleach to clean it though? I think not. That is the big difference. I don't think genetically modified is the same as not wasting any part of an animal that poorer nations have to do.

Justify what? Not throwing away perfectly edible parts of an animal? Oh, ok.

Because I guarantee you if we threw away all the "nasty" (yet completely edible) parts of animals, you people would be up in arms talking about: "Such a small percentage of meat is gathered from these animals before they're slaughtered! Meat eating is so terribly inefficient! Go vegan!" 

Where in the excerpt does it say bleach is used to clean the food? That's right, it doesn't. So stop propagandizing what is already a horrible piece of propaganda. 

Ammonia solutions aren't toxic to humans. But of course someone mentions a chemical name and you idiots go running around crying "unnatural! dangerous!".
The toxicity of ammonia solutions does not usually cause problems for humans and other mammals, as a specific mechanism exists to prevent its build-up in the bloodstream. Ammonia is converted to carbamoyl phosphate by the enzyme carbamoyl phosphate synthetase, and then enters the urea cycle to be either incorporated into amino acids or excreted in the urine.

And how does washing it with ammonia classify it as "genetically modified"? Please, humor me.

I came in here to say "dont care, if it tastes good, im gonna eat it", but actually ended up learning something.  good looks Bachellor

Originally Posted by Gamer Chica

It's true.. I intern with APHIS agency under USDA for the past 6 years and been to all types of chicken processing plants.. After all the valuable pieces have been stripped, the carcass goes through the grinder and makes the paste you see in the pic. I don't remember it being boiled in ammonia but it's usually disinfected by boiling at a very high temperature. And I still eat chicken hot dogs and nuggets. 
embarassed.gif

USDA? I'm in NASS...be back there during the winter...intern for 6 years tho?

Originally Posted by shogun

Chicken nuggets are great.  One of my favorite fastfood items.
Us Americans are so spoiled when it comes to food.  We're very conservative compared to other countries.  You learn a lot of stuff watching Bizarre Foods.  Mushed up eyes and guts in the nuggets is not that bad.  Some cultures eat that on the regular.  They cook up the edible parts of the animal and not waste anything.
This. When did people become so picky about what they eat anyways? Back in the early ages there was no need for whole foods, cooked foods, brown rice and whole wheat toast. People ate what tasted good. I love nuggets, I always knew they were gross though and I stopped eating them a while ago cause they were too unhealthy.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

laugh.gif

Do they use ammonia and bleach to clean it though? I think not. That is the big difference. I don't think genetically modified is the same as not wasting any part of an animal that poorer nations have to do.

Justify what? Not throwing away perfectly edible parts of an animal? Oh, ok.

Because I guarantee you if we threw away all the "nasty" (yet completely edible) parts of animals, you people would be up in arms talking about: "Such a small percentage of meat is gathered from these animals before they're slaughtered! Meat eating is so terribly inefficient! Go vegan!" 

Where in the excerpt does it say bleach is used to clean the food? That's right, it doesn't. So stop propagandizing what is already a horrible piece of propaganda. 

Ammonia solutions aren't toxic to humans. But of course someone mentions a chemical name and you idiots go running around crying "unnatural! dangerous!".
The toxicity of ammonia solutions does not usually cause problems for humans and other mammals, as a specific mechanism exists to prevent its build-up in the bloodstream. Ammonia is converted to carbamoyl phosphate by the enzyme carbamoyl phosphate synthetase, and then enters the urea cycle to be either incorporated into amino acids or excreted in the urine.

And how does washing it with ammonia classify it as "genetically modified"? Please, humor me.

aren't all non organic meats gm?

Originally Posted by Smedroc

laugh.gif

That is disgusting. I'll probably never eat another chicken nugget again and I loved those.  NEVER AGAIN

This..

dude blatantly disregarding the chemical treatment like its not an issue
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Hey man, without all this high tech food processing, we probably couldn't feed a population this big and certainly couldn't be living as long.  This is all time we're borrowing from the ammonia boiled chicken paste. 
smokin.gif

I honestly don't give a #@%# if somethings made of out cow genitals,elephants eye or even alien slime...As long as something tastes good,I'll eat it. Can't believe some of you guys are scared of eating eyes and bones,dudes are spoiled 
30t6p3b.gif
. In other countries,people would prob kill to eat this #@%# so consider yourselves lucky.Most of it is you guys psyching yourselves out by thinking somethings gross when its not.

Team Carnivores 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by shogun

Chicken nuggets are great.  One of my favorite fastfood items.
This. When did people become so picky about what they eat anyways? Back in the early ages there was no need for whole foods, cooked foods, brown rice and whole wheat toast. People ate what tasted good. I love nuggets, I always knew they were gross though and I stopped eating them a while ago cause they were too unhealthy.

laugh.gif

What it looks like while consumin>>>>>>>>>>>>>> what it looks like before consumin

word to everything my girl offered me some nuggets week before last and I almost threw up taking a bite off it.. I never was a big nugget lover because I always suspected this but now its offically dead in my life..

word to everything my girl offered me some nuggets week before last and I almost threw up taking a bite off it.. I never was a big nugget lover because I always suspected this but now its offically dead in my life..

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Originally Posted by Gamer Chica

It's true.. I intern with APHIS agency under USDA for the past 6 years and been to all types of chicken processing plants.. After all the valuable pieces have been stripped, the carcass goes through the grinder and makes the paste you see in the pic. I don't remember it being boiled in ammonia but it's usually disinfected by boiling at a very high temperature. And I still eat chicken hot dogs and nuggets. 
embarassed.gif

USDA? I'm in NASS...be back there during the winter...intern for 6 years tho?
Every summer I work with them.. I did it from senior year of high school, all throughout undergrad and continued on for my summers from veterinary school.. I should be the Secretary of Agriculture by the time I graduate lol..

chicken mcnuggets are 
smokin.gif
they need to make some spicy ones like wendy's.

i used to eat these...but stopped once i figured out what mech. separated meat looked like. i always make sure my chicken is legit...none of this fake processed bs

Back
Top Bottom