You know what, #%@! Chick-Fil-A!

If a city is capable of banning a company (or even a person) from their city because the government doesn't agree with them, then we're in deeper trouble than we realize.

Although most of us may not agree w/ the KKK, Westborough, or Nation of Islam, as long as they are abiding by the laws of the land then they are protected by the Constitution.

I actually agree with this. I don't really like trying to ban companies, regardless of how awful their CEO is, from entering your community.

But do these mayors even have that power? I don't think they do. I thought all they were doing was speaking out against them as private citizens. If I'm wrong, let me know. I would be very against mayors banning Chick-fil-A.

Some of those good, God-fearing people who celebrated Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day on Wednesday may have been eating gay chickens. Well, sorta. Male chickens housed only with male chickens, according to a 1964 study from Virginia Tech, start displaying some rather gay tendencies. Now a tongue-in-cheek petition calls for Chick-Fil-A to only serve the straight chickens, properly reared with correct gender roles.
The petition, created by Stephen Hoffman of Ohio, cites other academic studies about the appearance of same-sex mating in other species. It takes Chick-Fil-A to task for its indifference to this pressing issue.

"But the harsh fact that Chick-fil-A ignores is that, as early as 1764, male chickens have been observed sexually mounting other cocks. How can Chick-fil-A claim to be truly committed to their selective and hateful misreading of the Biblical definition of marriage when the nearly 300 million sandwiches they sell yearly contain chickens, some or all of which might be gay?"

We got a kick out of this because it once again points out how ridiculous it is for a chicken company to wade into the politics of sexuality and because we can imagine certain people recoiling at the thought of eating a sinful, homosexual chicken. The petition currently has almost 2,000 signatures.
How to prevent this non-problem? Be sure to house chickens in mixed-sex environments. How do you do that? By hiring a chicken sexer, of course. No, seriously, you didn't know that was a thing? We couldn't stop thinking about this wonderful short from the geniuses behind Mystery Science Theater 3000 - "The Chicken of Tomorrow." The chicken sexing is around the six-minute mark.

So that was the cause of the major traffic jam around chick-fil-a on Wednesday...knew something was up.

If the people doing this "kiss-in" are doing so inside the store and dont actually purchase anything, they deserve to be kicked out. Otherwise, if they are purchasing something, then their whole angle is hypocritical- because they're just contributing to the whole entity that they're trying to protest. Right?

That's the point of a sit-in.

But do these mayors even have that power? I don't think they do. I thought all they were doing was speaking out against them as private citizens. If I'm wrong, let me know. I would be very against mayors banning Chick-fil-A.
No, not technically, but many city counsels write rules for the city that are meant to target certain types of businesses. For example, if a store is over 150,000sq.ft. they must pay a special tax to accomodate the infrastructure needed to support them and they must employ union labor with full health benefits. Now, since it's possible to apply to any business in that city, we all know they're only targeting Walmart since they're the only one that size. (that's a general example)

A more specific one is that many cities will not allow restaurants to build a drivethru on the side. We all know it's targeting fast food places because they don't agree with the health risks they might bring to the community, but it's passed as a measure to relieve congestion and/or polution.

No, not technically, but many city counsels write rules for the city that are meant to target certain types of businesses. For example, if a store is over 150,000sq.ft. they must pay a special tax to accomodate the infrastructure needed to support them and they must employ union labor with full health benefits. Now, since it's possible to apply to any business in that city, we all know they're only targeting Walmart since they're the only one that size. (that's a general example)

A more specific one is that many cities will not allow restaurants to build a drivethru on the side. We all know it's targeting fast food places because they don't agree with the health risks they might bring to the community, but it's passed as a measure to relieve congestion and/or polution.

Thanks for the insight.

This just made my week! TOO FUNNY!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don’t think you love chicken like Detroit Lions linebacker Justin Durant.  Wednesday he addressed ongoing controversy surrounding Chick-fil-A and the restaurant’s decision to back traditional marriage. Somehow, the football star ended up saying he would still support the fast food chain even if they came out in support of slavery.

The football star went on Twitter yesterday — “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day” — and, innocently enough, asked his followers “what happened” with Chick-fil-A? As the replies came pouring in, Durant expressed his disbelief that there was any controversy at all.
“Chick-Fil-A not even open on Sunday how people shocked that the owner feels that way?” Durant Tweeted, referring to the restaurant’s backing of traditional marriage.

Chick-Fil-A not even open on Sunday how people shocked that the owner feels that way?

— Justin Durant (@JDurant52) August 1, 2012

He also questioned why people would let someone’s personal beliefs factor into their meal decisions. “So people not gon get the best chicken sammich and lemonade on the planet because of a personal belief? Word?” he tweeted.

So people not gon get the best chicken sammich and lemonade on the planet because of a personal belief? Word?

Idk maybe it‘s just me but I could care less about what people choose to believe in as long as I’m good

At one point, someone asked him if he would boycott Chick-fil-A “if the owner came out and said slavery was a good idea.” His response: “Chicken too tasty.”

Chicken too tasty RT @thatstatboy: @jdurant52 Would you boycott Chick Fil A if the owner came out and said slavery was a good idea?

He is officially on my Barkley List. "chicken too tasty"

I support gay rights but honestly haven't cared enough to actually argue for it or anything. The more I read this thread and see the opposing side's posts, the more passionate I'm starting to feel about gay rights. Stop equating homosexuality to pedophelia and beastiality. This is two adults making a decision to be with eachother, not an adult taking advantage of a little kid or a human being raping an animal. Cut the ********. Just give them their rights.

Things don't have to be the same to compare. For example, in sports, when you compare young athletes to ones established in the league, you compare their playing styles. It doesn't mean you are saying the young athlete is a future starter or what not. You are just comparing their playing style to someone that everyone recognizes. Nobody's going to take a rookie and compare him to an obscure player. They are going to compare them to players that everybody knows about. When gay people compare their struggle, they aren't going to compare it to the struggle of Irish Immigrants, nobody will understand the reference at all. When you compare it to the civil rights era, you can feel the weight of it. Everything it was about, and everything we learned about growing up. That everybody deserves fair and equal rights. It's not disrespect to use the history of the civil rights era to help grant people rights. That's something that should be a source of pride. Their fight continues to be a beacon to help influence the world and make people's lives better. You're being disrespectful when you dim that light and cut it's range of influence from something that continues to change the world for the better, to just some single event that happened in history.
Very well put, but I am not against rights for any individuals. ******sexual or ****sexual.  I just believe that the comparisons aren't the same.  Kind of like comparing Lebron to MJ, when he is much more similar to Magic.  I will say that given your example, many times those players end up being oversold to fit the particular example...much to the detriment of up and coming rookie most times.

Be on the lookout for Obama to get his piece of this and use these "wrongful donations" to incorporate a tax - maybe even called the Chick Fil A tax. Double taxation at its finest, haha- still makes me heated that there is such a ridiculous inheritance tax (there shouldnt be at all), but taxing on something that already been paid in at least once (sometimes twice with dividend taxes)- ol thieving @#$ government- and some of yall wonder why people get angry about wealth redistribution: maybe because the money is being taken from those that earned it and being blindly given out to those that haven't, and in many cases dont deserve it.

Don't talk about wealth redistribution if you know nothing about how wealth is distributed in this country..

Last edited:
Be on the lookout for Obama to get his piece of this and use these "wrongful donations" to incorporate a tax - maybe even called the Chick Fil A tax. Double taxation at its finest, haha- still makes me heated that there is such a ridiculous inheritance tax (there shouldnt be at all), but taxing on something that already been paid in at least once (sometimes twice with dividend taxes)- ol thieving @#$ government- and some of yall wonder why people get angry about wealth redistribution: maybe because the money is being taken from those that earned it and being blindly given out to those that haven't, and in many cases dont deserve it.
Don't talk about wealth redistribution if you know nothing about how wealth is distributed in this country..
roll.gif
Thank you! Dude has been in multiple threads spouting this stuff.

How do you know he doesn't have a basis for his statement?  Your almost criminal lack of knowledge on the subject speaks for itself.

What you're doing is the equivalent of banging your head against the wall, and questioning others when they tell you its not a very smart thing to do.

There's no point in educating someone who has no desire to learn.

you come into a chick fil a to eat not to give two damns about beliefs on marriage and gays. how about these people with too much time on their hands go restaurant to restaurant and survey every owner on their beliefs? get the hell outta here with this mess...

Last edited:
Chic Fil A Is The Best Its A Shame Though That Only The Straight Are Allowed To Enjoy It Lol

Well damn, i went to CFA earlier after a 2 hour workout and some basketball for a 12 piece, fries and yogurt- never seen it so crowded in all my life ( no seats available and the drive thru was DEAD). It wasn't even really lunch time, more in-between meal (3:30). I was just going like i normally would, for the food only- but honestly- :smh: @ people that are being encouraged to go for other reasons
It's the same way here., not just on Appreciation Day (was Wed.) or Same Sex Kiss In day (was Fri.), but now all the Xtians who think they are making a difference by supporting Chick Fil A go out of their way to eat there and it's just blocking up the whole street, drive through lines around the corner and into the street. I assume the one in the mall is the same.

Any publicity= good publicity

Last edited:
The Moral Majority, The Eagle Forum, Focus on the Family, etc. Groups that are known for lobbying against marriage equality, racial equality (in the past), sex equality, anti-bullying laws, and one that was even partially responsible for laws in Uganda that put homosexuals to death. The boycott isn't about the Cathy family's opinion, it's about what they've been doing with their money since Truett Cathy got it, and more people need to realize that. The media narrative is all about his statement but that's not what started this
Well damn, i went to CFA earlier after a 2 hour workout and some basketball for a 12 piece, fries and yogurt- never seen it so crowded in all my life ( no seats available and the drive thru was DEAD). It wasn't even really lunch time, more in-between meal (3:30). I was just going like i normally would, for the food only- but honestly- 
mean.gif
 @ people that are being encouraged to go for other reasons
It's the same way here., not just on Appreciation Day (was Wed.) or Same Sex Kiss In day (was Fri.),  but now all the Xtians who think they are making a difference by supporting Chick Fil A go out of their way to eat there and it's just blocking up the whole street, drive through lines around the corner and into the street. I assume the one in the mall is the same.

Any publicity= good publicity

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom