you know what, imma just say it....FABOLOUS is OVERATED

after seeing the debotchery that was" who's better jada or fabolous" and seeing fab WIN
smh.gif

then seeing NT music forum cosign that GARBAGE (by a slim majority which makes it no less disgusting and atrociois)

i decided to make this post and pull this lil ninja's card....

when his career started in 1998, Fabolous-Sport was just another Ma$e clone like that other sucka bathgate and Betha's mini me's The Harlem Worldgroup (cardan, loon, blinkie blink, etc.) that at the time was the First artist that i remember getting a push cuz he was signed directly to a DJ, DJ Clue...This would repeat again with Papoose, willie da kidd, Mike Jones, paul wall, Chamillonaire resulting in mixed receptions..

now before ya pelt me with keystrokes of hate...let's take a trip back to when people BOUGHT CD's and either were satisified and became a repeatshopper or your joint was a DUD because it was wack.

Fabolous had created a pretty good buzz on Clue mixtapes so i bought the kidd's first album with the blueprint in 2001

385796.jpg

...while it wasn't as Hard as how he went on the mixtapes it was pretty good and actually got some burn between my blueprint 1 binges...

now comes the fuzzy area that fab stans seem to forget about...mostly the rest of his albums which pretty much suck...

see this joint right here? basusra...i mean imagine listening to fab on the clue's GOING IN on the tapes and you pay your 15 bux and get completely connedinto getting fabolous rapping over B rated bootleg Usher beats...
smh.gif

you got 2 songs from the previous album recycled with remixes....overtly R&B thruout the majority of the entire album, its safe to say i wasn't toohappy copping thing joint when it dropped...he basically sold off the strength of the "lovely dovey croonin the smutzz" with into you and Can'tlet you go...so what we know now as the "plies effect" with whoresz coppin this joint in droves made it pop.

so Fab at this point is selling but son knew he had a SERIOUS image problem....none of the street dudes were messing with him cuz he was being considered aSOFT type cat so he follows that release with..

Fabolous_-_More_Street_Dreams_Pt._2_-_Front.jpg

and im second guessing coppin it cuz street dreams was TERRIBLE.....i mean have i still have nightmares over the missy elliot track and that throwback tracksounded AWKWARD even when the jerseys were poppin....

well he didn't dissapoint, this joint STILL gets plays from me to this day...straight pifff from front to back.
pimp.gif

so by then i figure duke got his head back on straight.....son then dissapoints me AGAIN...
eyes.gif
smh.gif

fabolous.jpg

to sum this album up would be "all filla no killa".......

you gotta put things in perspective for NT sometimes to truely catch the context of what i'm talking about..imagine G-unit Still EARLY in they'reprime...D-block/ruffryders and Dipset DEVOURING the airwaves and mixtapes..then you got this dude droppin this crap...and to top it off he had me (and ALOT ofya on NT) gassssed off that breathe.....joint was wack and he deserved only going gold and having to bounce off the map for a second...

image5ay8.png

now this album...while its not WOW..its pretty good, i just wanna say he's lucky he sampled cuban linx wit neyo...cuz even with that hit the joint onlywent gold and its only barely as good as his very first album....

now let's come to a conclusion:

son is 31 years old, 5 albums deep....and his catalog is LUKEWARM to say the least...his best CD's don't even touch these CD's with a 10 foot pole

so for NT music to be gassed of dude's mixtape is pretty irelevant to me if you can't do it when it MATTERS, which comes to the albums...

sure ya can say that people u mess wit the hard stuff "download" but in fab's case..the MAJORITY of his catalog came out when rapidshare andtorrents ain't exist yet.....

so you imagine coppin son's CD's and being underwhelmed time after time with him.....im done with this cat b, Fabolous's Kryptonite is a
barcode.gif

once u slap that on his joint he become's what Plies is to them southern chicks down south...another rapper getting by with a R&B hook and a weakattempt at a album..

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

You typed all that but everyone on NT knows fabs albums are weak so what are you trying to prove?
i had to cement cuz you would have the audacity of cats actually saying Fab is "better" then Jadakiss...which is still baffling to evenutter...

plus it smelled like cats were putting duke on a false pedestal in here...something he's yet to entertained on earning..

I think Jada is better than Fab but it really isnt that far fetched to say vica versa. I mean Jada has what 2 albums neither are classics. His lox stuff wascool. Fab's albums are more entertaining but not as great but his mixtape game shows that he has the power to go in. But this isnt fab vs jada this is fabis overrated and i cant really agree because he is what he is.

He's a punchline street dvd type rapper. And he's a love song hit making type rapper.

No one really expects a 3rd option from him so i dont see where hes overrated

Agreed 100%

Fab is completely overated, hot garbage. I've seen better punchlines from jr high students. The soft love songs he fills albums with only make it worse.

Sad how hard NT d-rides him.

Fab. is overrated on NT

He spits on mixapes, but it doesn't matter if your albums don't match that.

The thing is, he puts those R&B type joints on his albums to sell.
Mixtapes for the streets and Albums for mass appeal I guess...

Fab aint overrated....I haven't even heard dudes name outside of NT since Street Dreams dropped
roll.gif

he's borderline irrelevant anywhere but this site

You're summary of his catalogue is pretty much on point

For the most part i enjoy Fabs mixtape material because i take it for what it is, and son can certainly go in, but he's just not a complete artist

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Fab aint overrated....I haven't even heard dudes name outside of NT since Street Dreams dropped
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
you right (and I live in Brooklyn...........)

I bought fab up when chillin with my boy whose REALLY into mainstream music and asked him what he thought and I expected him to say he was nice or atleast okay(since I see him slurped all over NT) dude just gave me the biggest stoneface, it was as if I said country grammar was better than illmatic. Then he busted outlaughing for 3 minutes.

Off topic, but what's good with the underground hip hop thread
nerd.gif

I COMPLETELY agree! On NT atleast like someone said I dont even hear people talking about him outside of NT.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

purplehazze96 wrote:

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
you right

I bought fab up when chillin with my boy whose REALLY into mainstream music and asked him what he thought and I expected him to say he was nice or atleast okay
(since I see him slurped all over NT) dude just gave me the biggest stoneface, it was as if I said country grammar was better than illmatic. Then he busted out
laughing for 3 minutes.

Off topic, but what's good with the underground hip hop thread
nerd.gif

Unless someone else wanted to handle it I was planning to start it up sometime tomorrow evening. %%++% been kind of crazy this last week but tomorrow I finallygot some free time.

You went in
laugh.gif
but just like others have said, he wasnt "rated" anywhere but on here. I dont have a problem with him but I wish he would use hisfull potenial, though.

If Yall wanna take it there,

Jadakiss is the one thats overrated, If anything Fab is Underrated...Jada has been spittin the same versefor like 10+ years now, give me a break. He and Everyone always talks about him being top 5 dead or alive, But wheres his track record??(albums wasnt even allthat to be honest & those tracks u listed on the other thread, he didnt even have the best verse in any of them) People need to stop giving him a G-passjust because he rolled wit Big. Jada's nice, But he's not nearly where people put him up to be.

We all know Fab wont be a mainstream Artist Like Wayne, Jay, T.i, Kanye but he's been mainting his relevance and since he came out, there's never beena period were he fell off even tho his albms werent up to par but he always made up for that on the mixtapes and features he was in, and correct me if im wronghe's the only and first mixtape rapper that actually made it mainstream,....

Fab has a style wich is unique, Not even Jay or the ones thats best to do it can do wat he does, Fab's able to spit wit mixtape dudes you know will neverblow, to rappers like Jay, to Makin R&B hits and is able to hold his ground and not sound out of place, as to Hearing Jay or Nas on a track would a mixtapedude or R&b track would catch most people off gaurd, I dont know anyother rapper thats able to do that besides Jada and he doesnt even do it as Good asFab, So with that being said, How is Fab Overrated??

He's not overrated skills wise, but he just doesn't know how to put a good album together. His last one was his best one IMO. It's too late/earlyto put up a good discussion, I'll come back tomorrow to present my argument.
laugh.gif

Jada is not top 5 dead or alive, not in his wildest dreams.

That being said,

His 2 albums >>>> Fab's 5 albums
His many guest features >>>> Fab's mixtapes

add his history in the game and you have no possible way to say fab > jada.

I don't see what everyone even sees in his mixtapes, his punchlines are weak and it comes across as corny. You say jada been spittin the same ? I can'ttell fab verses apart either, always some lame line about money or gettin females.

You don't see jada as d-riden as fab on here, not even close.

Go ahead and throw up fabs best punchlines ever, put as many as you want, I'll show you why he ain't even worth mention in the punchline area.

Originally Posted by VegasOner

Jada has been spittin the same verse
for like 10+ years now, give me a break. He and Everyone always talks about him being top 5 dead or alive, But wheres his track record??

I'm way to tired to make an argument right now but you ever hear somebody say that again smack them, quick fast. Jada probably aint even top 50, I'mhaving trouble believing someone would even say such a thing.

Fab isn't even on the all time radar either, Lord knows what kinda list yall NY n_'s be cookin up

Jadakiss is the one thats overrated, If anything Fab is Underrated...Jada has been spittin the same verse for like 10+ years now, give me a break. He and Everyone always talks about him being top 5 dead or alive, But wheres his track record??(albums wasnt even all that to be honest & those tracks u listed on the other thread, he didnt even have the best verse in any of them) People need to stop giving him a G-pass just because he rolled wit Big. Jada's nice, But he's not nearly where people put him up to be.

We all know Fab wont be a mainstream Artist Like Wayne, Jay, T.i, Kanye but he's been mainting his relevance and since he came out, there's never been a period were he fell off even tho his albms werent up to par but he always made up for that on the mixtapes and features he was in, and correct me if im wrong he's the only and first mixtape rapper that actually made it mainstream,....

Fab has a style wich is unique, Not even Jay or the ones thats best to do it can do wat he does, Fab's able to spit wit mixtape dudes you know will never blow, to rappers like Jay, to Makin R&B hits and is able to hold his ground and not sound out of place, as to Hearing Jay or Nas on a track would a mixtape dude or R&b track would catch most people off gaurd, I dont know anyother rapper thats able to do that besides Jada and he doesnt even do it as Good as Fab, So with that being said, How is Fab Overrated??
Jada is a better rapper just off all the posse cuts he's been on..

Jus becuase someone has more history in the game than a more recent rapper automaically makes them better?....Ihate when people bring that up in an arguement. Your right Jada has it over fab when it comes to depth in the game, but with that being said what has heaccomplished with the 16+ he's been in it??

He been with 4 different labels(with the likes of, Jay,DMX,Big,Puff) only had 2 albums out in his 16+ years in the game, and his next album sounds like a brickso far.

If fab has put out 5 albums that must mean he's doing something right, and mind u he's Doing it/Did it by HIMSELF

Im suprised and dissappointed in u, being that your from brooklyn and saying Fab is overrated, He's respected from everyone out here from girls(and notcause of the pop singles) to dudes form hypebeasts to thugs to real hip-hop heads, theres not a single person i know of that dosent bump to fab.

Im not saying he's the Best, im Just saying he's a BEAST

Oh yea and Fabs punchlines and metaphors > Jada's

This thread is 100% on point.

But I think Fab and Kiss are one in the same...they'll have like two really hot songs and the rest of the album is unlistenable.

this just came on and i had to share:

Yo, uh, it's Task Force Tuesday, the NARCS is in the black car

I got fine hundred, hundred packs in my backyard

Clear twelve-twelve's, that look like stuff shells

I'm cuttin' @%%%$$ throats on the sails, while they puff L's

Don't leave nothin' un-bagged, shave everything

I learned from the O.G.'s save everything (to save everything)

They come by one more time, they gon' hop out

They two deep, and one is a $$*%%, she gettin' knocked out

Then I can get rid of the pack

But I just copped this pretty chrome thing, so I'm dippin' with that

Uh, down-shiftin' on 'em like I got gears on me

Besides that, I got about 5 years on me

Scared to death, runnin' like I got bears on me

My Timb's start feelin' like they Nike Air's on me

It's hard for me to slow down, it's like I'm on the Throughway

My belt's in the crib on the floor by my two-way

Now I'm try'nna hold my hammer up, and my pants too

If they don't kill me, they gon' give me a number I can't do

Rather it be the streets, then jail where I die at

And I'm asthmatic, so I'm lookin' for somewhere to hide at

But they too close, and I got this new toast

'Magine if I would of let off a shot or two, you know what I gotta do

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jadakiss is the one thats overrated, If anything Fab is Underrated...Jada has been spittin the same verse for like 10+ years now, give me a break. He and Everyone always talks about him being top 5 dead or alive, But wheres his track record??(albums wasnt even all that to be honest & those tracks u listed on the other thread, he didnt even have the best verse in any of them) People need to stop giving him a G-pass just because he rolled wit Big. Jada's nice, But he's not nearly where people put him up to be.

u beasted...

all about the benjamins? 24 hours to live, banned from TV... "not all that" ?

indifferent.gif

money power & respect
wild out
world war II
ruff ryder athem remix

pssh...etc, etc, etc,

i can go on and go on and go on....

homie acting like its jada's fault he's so consistant that it "feels" like the same verse..."do u listen to music or you just skim thruit?"
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Untitled

u beasted...

all about the benjamins? 24 hours to live, banned from TV... "not all that" ?

indifferent.gif

money power & respect
wild out
world war II
ruff ryder athem remix

pssh...etc, etc, etc,

i can go on and go on and go on....

homie acting like its jada's fault he's so consistant that it "feels" like the same verse..."do u listen to music or you just skim thru it?"
grin.gif

indifferent.gif

**** goes over the head of these Uncle Murder %#$ N's
smh.gif
...If U actually read what I wrote u would see that im never said those track werent all that. Those tracks were amazing, What I said Is in all thosesongs even the ones u listed now he got outshined in everyone of them besides Wildout & WW3
pimp.gif

It sucks, That they dont make posse cuts as much as they made back then,...Or yall would see how real fab is.

Ehh...

Fab > Jada

I don't think Jada is as versatile as Fab is.

Also...

There Is No Competition > 80% of what dropped in 08

Jus becuase someone has more history in the game than a more recent rapper automaically makes them better?....I hate when people bring that up in an arguement. Your right Jada has it over fab when it comes to depth in the game, but with that being said what has he accomplished with the 16+ he's been in it??

He been with 4 different labels(with the likes of, Jay,DMX,Big,Puff) only had 2 albums out in his 16+ years in the game, and his next album sounds like a brick so far.

If fab has put out 5 albums that must mean he's doing something right, and mind u he's Doing it/Did it by HIMSELF

Im suprised and dissappointed in u, being that your from brooklyn and saying Fab is overrated, He's respected from everyone out here from girls(and not cause of the pop singles) to dudes form hypebeasts to thugs to real hip-hop heads, theres not a single person i know of that dosent bump to fab.

Im not saying he's the Best, im Just saying he's a BEAST

Oh yea and Fabs punchlines and metaphors > Jada's

The fact that he's been relevant in the game for so long and remained consistent for that many years speaks a lot.

If it makes you happy, ignore the history argument. Let's look at material and only material.

Albums: Jada > Fab (no argument)
Mixtapes, guest appearances, freestyles: Jada > Fab (no argument)

What left is there to judge on ?

Jada > Fab end of story.

No one I know really messes with Fab at all around here, or respect him. I listened to what he's put out so far and I don't like any of it, so whyforce myself to listen to him, just because he is from Brooklyn ? He isn't even close to the best punchline artist in the borough alone.... and I'm noteven talking about Biggie and Jay-Z.

You saying fabs punchlines and metaphors are better than Jada's is ridiculous. All I hear from fab stans are "punchlines this punchlines thatmetaphors this metaphors that"

Fab punchlines are mediocre and corny. I havn't heard a single
eek.gif
metaphor either. Like I said before, put up his list of "nice punchlines" andI will show you why he doesn't deserve to be mentioned among the great punchline artists.

We get it fab, you can make hundreds of lines talking about how you get mad females. let's move on...

I'm not gonna rip on you if you like fab and his style, that's cool, but saying fab > jada is crazy. You can say you like fab more, fine, but to saythat fab is better ? no way.

pimp.gif
@ the verse purple posted, one of my fav. songs ever, and why I like Jada; anytime you see a track featuring Jada and you can pretty much be sure he willcome strong.

Back
Top Bottom