'You should smile more often' unappreciation

I cringe everytime someone tells this to me. I'm one of the more engaging people I know, yet my demeanor makes me come off as a serial killer. It's almost if I have to remember to smile in public, or just relax my face...I'm not sure how it started, but I know whenever I'm in deep thought, I usually look pretty mean.

I hate it, but what I hate more are the people who tell me I should smile, eat a +!#%.

I cringe everytime someone tells this to me. I'm one of the more engaging people I know, yet my demeanor makes me come off as a serial killer. It's almost if I have to remember to smile in public, or just relax my face...I'm not sure how it started, but I know whenever I'm in deep thought, I usually look pretty mean.

I hate it, but what I hate more are the people who tell me I should smile, eat a +!#%.

laugh.gif

i get this *%%# at work
smh.gif

i hate people like you op, always looking permanently pissed off... it just puts me in a bad mood to be around these types of people.

i hate people like you op, always looking permanently pissed off... it just puts me in a bad mood to be around these types of people.

You should smile more.
grin.gif

But seriously, you should make yourself look more "approachable." It feels weird when I sit next to some dude in class/public and they have their mean face on. In my head, I'm thinking like "Why this ___  look so mad and depressed."
eyes.gif
Most of the time, people would be scared to talk to you...and your chance of picking up girls aren't gonna be as great.

So yeah, look happier and smile a bit more.
laugh.gif

You should smile more.
grin.gif

But seriously, you should make yourself look more "approachable." It feels weird when I sit next to some dude in class/public and they have their mean face on. In my head, I'm thinking like "Why this ___  look so mad and depressed."
eyes.gif
Most of the time, people would be scared to talk to you...and your chance of picking up girls aren't gonna be as great.

So yeah, look happier and smile a bit more.
laugh.gif

i hate it when people tell me that crap.Im like, I AM SMILING!now leave me the +%#$ alone....lol..nah but honestly, they always tell me i look like im pissed, but i just tell them its the shaved head haircut

i hate it when people tell me that crap.Im like, I AM SMILING!now leave me the +%#$ alone....lol..nah but honestly, they always tell me i look like im pissed, but i just tell them its the shaved head haircut

Word.
I'm like why the hell do YOU need for ME to "smile more often"? I smile when I see fit now be gone.

Word.
I'm like why the hell do YOU need for ME to "smile more often"? I smile when I see fit now be gone.

Yeah I hate this and I think it's pretty disrespectful. I mean come on, let me contemplate what I wanna contemplate on. Just because my thinking face isn't visually as pleasing and welcoming as my smiling face doesn't mean I have to do that to let people around me feel comfortable when i'm in my own thoughts, not outside trying to look good and please everybody else.

But on the real I when I was younger started to lighten up my face expression because my mind is very throwed and it really ain't fair to bring people in because it could destroy their whole little world they believe in. So on the other end, the smile or pleasant face helps people to !$*! while you're thinking....Unless a girl hits you with that "what are you thinking about" because you are smiling and you can't be happy on your own whim, she got to take that too lol

Yeah I hate this and I think it's pretty disrespectful. I mean come on, let me contemplate what I wanna contemplate on. Just because my thinking face isn't visually as pleasing and welcoming as my smiling face doesn't mean I have to do that to let people around me feel comfortable when i'm in my own thoughts, not outside trying to look good and please everybody else.

But on the real I when I was younger started to lighten up my face expression because my mind is very throwed and it really ain't fair to bring people in because it could destroy their whole little world they believe in. So on the other end, the smile or pleasant face helps people to !$*! while you're thinking....Unless a girl hits you with that "what are you thinking about" because you are smiling and you can't be happy on your own whim, she got to take that too lol

Oh god I hate this. One morning there was this blatant religious dude on the train with his family that would say, "People smile. There is nothing to be upset about" whenever anyone would come on the train at a new stop.

But yea, I don't understand why people expect others to smile while they are in idle mode. Idle mode is when it is just YOU. Walking, eating, etc. If I smiled while I was alone, folks would think I was nuts or something.

Oh god I hate this. One morning there was this blatant religious dude on the train with his family that would say, "People smile. There is nothing to be upset about" whenever anyone would come on the train at a new stop.

But yea, I don't understand why people expect others to smile while they are in idle mode. Idle mode is when it is just YOU. Walking, eating, etc. If I smiled while I was alone, folks would think I was nuts or something.

This really loud girl at school used to say that when I was in college sophomore year.
laugh.gif
My neutral face is pretty much a poker face, but I think I've learned to make it more "pleasing"
laugh.gif

This really loud girl at school used to say that when I was in college sophomore year.
laugh.gif
My neutral face is pretty much a poker face, but I think I've learned to make it more "pleasing"
laugh.gif

this one girl at work says this to me literally every single time we work on the same day, never fails. i wanna +$+$$$ smack her
laugh.gif
Like does this !@%+% just expect me to walk around with a permanent smile on? god damn

this one girl at work says this to me literally every single time we work on the same day, never fails. i wanna +$+$$$ smack her
laugh.gif
Like does this !@%+% just expect me to walk around with a permanent smile on? god damn

smh.gif
smh.gif
story of my life. according to everyone else i have no facial expression and i walk around with the
indifferent.gif
all the time, even if we're joking and having a good time they say i go from
laugh.gif
back to
indifferent.gif
. idk what to do, im not going to be walking around like
happy.gif
all day so yeah they can eat a ++#%
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom