You stopped collecting, then years past, but which Jordan's cant you pass on?

airthompson

Staff member
I collected Jordan's from 2002-2009. Worked as a 12yr old & dropped my weekly check on shoes. As I've gotten older shoes took the back seat, and I began being more interested in restoring classic muscle cars.
But you there's always that shoe that you could never pass on, what shoe is that for you? 

air-jordan-retro-3-iii-black-cement-grey-countdown-pack-main.jpg

air-jordan-iv-white-cement-3-570x427.jpeg

tumblr_m44ja2MXL31rw61jio1_1280.jpg

If I stopped collecting and the CG IV's dropped again. That would be a must for me. Those IV's were always on top of my list and will always be.

Left the sneaker game when i went to college in 2005. The Chicago 10s brought me back.

IVs can almost never look bad to me so all the IVs.
The Grape and BM 5s as well as retro colorways. I love the non OG 5s

The OG and Olympic VIs

Space Jams

Originally Posted by AEA18

Re-sellers are going to love this thread.
grin.gif
eyes.gif
Re sellers would cop a $#*% to flip if it had a jumpman on it, so it really doesn't matter. 

VI's always bring me back.

I was getting one pair a year, the XI Holiday release.

Now I'm buying everything again and trying to sell some to pay for it. I know, it's a disgusting habit.

I hadnt bought Jordan's since the Fire Red III's in 07 till the Black/Cement III's came out last November. I tried for the Concord XI but got nothing. I might try for the Black IV's next.

black/red 1 4 6 11 12 13. Just love black/red in Jordans. throw in away/alternate uniform while I'm at it.

I have never ever "collected." My love for Jordans strictly came from being a young'n in Chicago in the 90's (I'm 29 now) and loving my Bulls, along with the great Nikes and Jordans of that era. I begged for playoff Jordans and later Pippens for my birthhday in the summer as a kid. Once I was old enough to save up on my own, it doubled to 2 Jordans per year...

Now, I strictly go for nostalgia. If I really wanted them and loved them as a kid (some that I was able to get, some which I couldn't), I'll get them. That means it's still only a couple of pairs per year. I was picky back then, so I hated the white/black 11s, for example, but LOVED the black/red playoff 11s which actually did sell out in Chicago. Dunno if I'll be able to get them in December, but other than that, only ones I got this year were the white/red 11 lows which remind me of the zen grey lows that I liked. Then after that, maybe the blue/black 1s in February which I had, along with the silver ones, in 2001. If I have no connection to them, regardless of how much I like how they look, I probably won't get them, especially because of the prices.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

grin.gif
eyes.gif
Re sellers would cop a $#*% to flip if it had a jumpman on it, so it really doesn't matter. 
True but if they know which releases the people who stopped collecting are coming out of retirement for they know which shoes to buy up and make more money off of. 

I went hard core in the late 90s early 2000's buying Jordans with my after school KMart job , balled in all of my retros whether in varsity or aau ball then lost interest only picking up a few here and there after the xvii I didn't get any sig Jordans till the xx3 , Jordan brand however sucked me back in when they dropped the wht red xiii in 2010 now I collect any bulls colorway that comes out or any thing mj wore for significant games ie All star games or the olympic vii's , these things are like high dollar bulls memorabilia to me

grin.gif
eyes.gif
True but if they know which releases the people who stopped collecting are coming out of retirement for they know which shoes to buy up and make more money off of. 
And that's not happening now? I slept on the Wht/Cmt IVs, & re-sellers asked for a arm and a leg, so I passed. I wont lose sleep over it. If everyone had that mentality there wouldn't be re-sellers.

And that's not happening now? I slept on the Wht/Cmt IVs, & re-sellers asked for a arm and a leg, so I passed. I wont lose sleep over it. If everyone had that mentality there wouldn't be re-sellers.
I agree but there will always be those people who pay outrageous prices. 

Back
Top Bottom