You want motivation to get in shape...Look at this

Last year I weighed about 235.

I used to eat extremely bad. There were times where I would eat Jack in the Box everyday 2 weeks straight! My diet was like this, Mon-Fri would be Jack in theBox in the morning and pizza at night. When I went to there I would order over 3000 calories in food! I just didn't care until this....

14tpykm.jpg

When I seen this picture I was disgusted(you can see it in my face lol). When summer time came I never would go swimming and if I did I would wear a t shirt.Some people can embrace their flaws such as being overweight but I couldn't accept something that could be changed. I started to go to the gym 5 times aweek starting September of last year and since December I have been going to the gym everyday, and walking to school. What also befitted me was my changeddiet. I recommend anyone starting off loosing weight ween yourself little by by from fast food. For example instead of ordering a piece 10 mcnugget meal ordera 6 piece etc. Then when you feel you are ready to go on a strict diet it wont be so difficult. After about 8 months this is where I am at 173....

2gt83yf.jpg

Once you get into the habit of eating right and not accepting your current situation you can achieve your goals! Let me know if you have any questionsspecifically about my diet and exercise methods. I will be gladly able to help.

Props on that my dude...You get respect for workin hard to get where you wanted to be...

I feel you a little more than most I think, I tipped the scales at 205 beginning of my soph year of college (Im 5"8...SMH)...Most of I ever weighed...Idid what you did...Hit the gym 5 days a week and reduced my fast food intake DRAMATICALLY...a year later I was 170...now Im sittin at 172.(165 is my targetweight)
Im not in the gym religiously like I used to be (mostly cause of work) but I still play ball at least once or twice a week...and no OD'in on the badfood...Hard work pays off...

Damn son...good job with that. I need to start hittin the gym...I play ball a couple times a week, but now that school's out I might try to get in the gymmore often.

congrats, its good to see people who actually do something about getting in shape instead of saying it and never doing it.

Even though I am not motivated by shirtless men, I respect and applaud your commitment to the betterment of your life.

Great job.

This is further proof of knowing it's more a marathon, not a sprint.

That's a great improvement. I think changing one's diet and not succumbing to cravings or just eating because you're bored, unhappy or any othersimilar reason makes the biggest improvement of all, but coupled with just being active, it creates an synergistic effect. The improvement can be seen onlyafter a couple of months, but once you start feeling better about yourself and see the changes taking place not only on the outside, but internally, it justbecomes part of one's daily routine. You'll find yourself wanting to take those steps rather than feeling like it's a chore or something you'reforcing yourself to do. The most difficult step is the initial one and many get the motivation sucked out of them when they think about the effort they have toput in to it. Discipline is necessary. Congratulations.

Good job!! I had a double chin last year but now its all gone and I can see my jaw bone!! I will post pics later

Congrats, man. I am also trying to start a strength training regimen. Tell me what you did to start out with and how it evolved over time. Did you buy a book?Look it up on a website? etc....

Major props to you, bro.
smokin.gif

Did/do you just workout by hitting the gym and that's that, or do you take stuff (like protein milk and stuff)?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

What where your routines at the gym?

And what did you eat the first week?

This is how I started off...
First off make yourself a list of goals you want to achieve and put them on your wall. Try your best to get them done.

Second, here is a rough description of my starting workout schedule...

Sunday(I don't know the names of all theworkouts but I can give you a description)-

Arms (biceps)
- Curls (3 sets of ten reps) -
- Curls w/machine weights (3 sets of ten reps)

Stomach
- Crunch machine (4 sets of 25 reps)
- Other various ab-work outs as long as it was 4 sets of 25 reps

Run for 3 miles (try to get on the cardiovascular machines to burn at least 1000 calories)

Monday
Chest
- Dum bells (3 sets of 10 reps) Start with one 45's on each side
- Incline (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Dips (3 sets of 10 reps)

Stomach
- Crunch machine (4 sets of 25 reps)
- Other various ab-work outs as long as it was 4 sets of 25 reps

Tri-ceps
- Machine weights (you basically pull the weights down to work out tri's)

Tuesday
- Back
- The machine that has weights that looks as if you are rowing do these exercises...
(3 sets of ten)
- There are other back exercises talk to a gym trainer.
- Dead lift (3 sets of ten)

Arms
- Repeat from sunday

Stomach
- Repeat from sunday

Do the same cardio routine...

Wednesday
- Legs
- Leg press (3 sets of ten)
- Squats (3 sets of ten)
- Calf machine (3 sets of ten)

Stomach
- Same

Same cardio

Thursday
- Same routine from Monday.

Friday and Saturday either rest or run three miles and burn 1000 calories...

This is a very rough description of my work out but it should get you started. Once you at the gym most of the time you get to met people and they can offersome advice.

Also...

Change your workout every 6 weeks because if you don't your muscles will remember each exercise and you wont burn as much fat as before. Also talk to thegym trainers there. Most of them are cool and they can give you advice on what you can do and even other exercises to do.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Major props to you, bro.
smokin.gif

Did/do you just workout by hitting the gym and that's that, or do you take stuff (like protein milk and stuff)?
I occasionally eat protein bars that's it. The food I eat has a lot of protein.

Originally Posted by I Wear Sneakers

what were you eating / what are you eating now?

Cut off...

Fast food (unless you get salad with no dressing or light dressing)

Soda

Pizza (if you eat pizza eat only 2 or 3 slices)

Also if you eat junk food eat in moderation but not from fast food chains.

What I eat and still do is...

Roasted chicken salad with light Italian dressing or oil and vinegar

Ham sandwiches from subway (6 inches) (It doesn't matter what type of meat as long as you keep the calories low)

Fruits

Protein bars

Water

And other foods....

Go to websites like menshealthmagazine, or muscle fitness and you can get a idea of what you can eat as well. You may not eat everything on their list butmake sure that you follow it somewhat closely and tailor it to your tastes.

Back
Top Bottom