Your girlfriend/female best friend/wife/whatever the heck you want to call her ...

iblink

Banned
Asks you to go out with her to a gay club/bar. You will probably get hit on by guys, but she insists she wants to go to a place where she can go to just enjoy music, dance, and not worry about getting hit on when you're at the bathroom.

Do you go with her? :nerd:

eh, why not?

She's prob just wants to see if anyone there will run up to you like they know you from last weekend.

doesn't OP live in Atlanta?

:nerd:

at the worst she'll just get bored and wanna leave, right?

Yeah, why not? I'm sure of my masculinity. Even if a gay friend asked me I will go.

There are other chicks at gay bars who think like that (that'd be my only reason to go) so if I'm planning on being faithful to my girl I'm not going.

Last edited:
:lol:

Yeah I'm in the A.

I don't know if I'd go in this city. I have nothing against gay people, but compared to some other places I've lived, it seems dudes in Atlanta take it a step further. Telling them "Nah fam, I'm not gay. I'm just here because my girl asked me to come" wouldn't stop them from pushing the issue. Swear they look at you like a challenge in this town. But I digress.

Yeah I'm in the A.

I don't know if I'd go in this city. I have nothing against gay people, but compared to some other places I've lived, it seems dudes in Atlanta take it a step further. Telling them "Nah fam, I'm not gay. I'm just here because my girl asked me to come" wouldn't stop them from pushing the issue. Swear they look at you like a challenge in this town. But I digress.

Everybody knows that all the baddest chicks go to gay clubs so they can go clubbing w/o getting hit on.. usually with a group of female friends. It's where they go when they wanna dance all up on dudes without feeling like they're gonna get raped after.

I know a couple of dudes who go there to find chicks and just have a good time with them. They aren't looking to hit on anyone, just have a good time w/ a couple of hot girls and maybe get their numbers and hit on them at a later time.

Plus, free drinks if you lead on a gay guy and you're good looking. Then turn him down and say you're straight.

So many benefits.

bryannolnekf.gif

Been to plenty of gay clubs with my homegirls.

It's plenty of fun. They do know how to party for sure. You do get hit on constantly but if you're masculine looking they don't touch you or get too aggressive.

I've gotten free drinks/ discounted drinks for just going along with the bartenders flirting with me.

No big deal in my book. As long as you know where you stand at the end of the day who cares.

nope. just would make me uncomfortable. i'm secure in my masculinity and know i won't catch the homos (you know...become gay) by going, but i'm going to feel uncomfortable. i feel like some dudes would say yes just to show they're secure and have no problem w/ them, but **** that. why even put myself in that situation?

Truth be told, OP I've never been to a gay club. I know friends that have, but not in Atlanta. I know of the gay clubs in Atlanta though. Swinging Richards and Bulldogs (dudes stay acting bashful walking to it though like they don't know where they're going even though its just on peachtree like that 
roll.gif
)

If I DO go, she owes me. If shes my girl, she already knows the deal. If its just a female friend, I'm smashing afterwards. PERIOD. 
laugh.gif
...I'm not just tagging along for your benefit like that. If thats the case we can go elsewhere. I need to get something out of the deal for you having "the night of YOUR life"

I've got nothing against gay clubs (I think most of NT knows this based on the chickfila thread), but I would just feel really awkward around that if you're not in the right mindset to take being hit on personally. Its easy for people to say "i'm secure in myself" but then people also have to deal with the "well do other people think i'm gay?" 
laugh.gif
...just takes some mental gymnastics is all. 

Plus, sometimes if you're not having fun they'll tell you that you seem a little "too uncomfortable." I went with my friends to a drag show once and it was cool, but  it just wasn't that great. I just didn't see the appeal. Everything was really corny  and they seemed like they were trying too hard, but they said I looked like I had something to hide...and that just pissed me off even more so it looked like I hated being there when in fact, I was just unimpressed.  

I would also make sure you and your girl are on solid terms about what ya'll are doing. She should care about how comfortable you feel being there. I don't think you're closed-minded, but its not bad to have a reasonable set of expectations that she has to respect when you go with her. 

My point is, if you're not going in with a good attitude or super enthusiastic, you might not enjoy it.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Yeah I'm in the A.
It's bad enough you can't walk the streets out here without some guy complimenting your lips.  Go right ahead and set yourself up for disaster, and do come back and tell how you got mollywopped by three big burly dudes with purses and sporting six inch heels .  The safe beat would be to tell them to go with one of there girlfriends, and that's not your cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom