Spots to hit in Htown?
More specifically food :smile:
houston's food scene is great especially fine dining

fine dining
peli peli (south african)
yuatcha (dumpling house world famous)
nobu ($$$ sushi)
taste of texas (my fav steakhouse)
north italia - not quite fine dining italian place (one of my fav restaurants)
caracol - mexican seafood
hugo's - brunch buffet is goat (mexican...same owner as caracol)
b&B butchers
coltivare ( pizza and pasta)
UB preserv - famous chef chris sheppard...all of his restaurants are great
one fifth - chris sheppard again...called one 5th because he has the restaurant for 5 years and every year he completely changes everything about the restaurant. right now its Mediterranean
pappas bros steakhouse
kata robata (sushi)

not fine dining
if you can make it to pearland (outside of this big *** city) go to killens BBQ...go early, wait in line...its worth it
kitchen 713 - great soul food
harolds - creole/ cajun
frank's pizza - historic after hours pizza spot that perfect after partying downtown
taste bar and kitchen ( gourmet chicken and waffles)
kenny and ziggy's - only authentic NY deli thats absolutely amazing
papasitos - fajitas tex mex. Great place that people who aren't from houston all love to go- good introduction in to tex mex
crawfish & noodles - if you havent tried viet style crawfish you def should
snooze - brunch spot make sure you get their sweet offerings
blood brothers bbq
bb's - texas new orleans cajun food - 24 hours
house of pies - any pie a la mode is goat and its 24 hours
les bagets - modern vietnamese
himalaya - pakistan
cool runnings - hood jamaican spot
london sizzler - indian
burger joint

i could go on forever. im missing a lot

the thing is there is sooo many places to eat in houston cause it's so big and diverse.
i would suggest going to a mix of the casual dining spots but def hit as many fine dining spots that you can
that will really show you how good the cooking is down here ...but killens is a must imo if you want to try some real texas bbq

one way to pick a restaurant is to learn about the different parts of houston...galleria, downtown, midtown, heights, china town, little india etc...then pick a restaurant determined by location

Last edited:
houston's food scene is great especially fine dining

fine dining
peli peli (south african)
yuatcha (dumpling house world famous)
nobu ($$$ sushi)
taste of texas (my fav steakhouse)
north italia - not quite fine dining italian place (one of my fav restaurants)
caracol - mexican seafood
hugo's - brunch buffet is goat (mexican...same owner as caracol)
b&B butchers
coltivare ( pizza and pasta)
UB preserv - famous chef chris sheppard...all of his restaurants are great
one fifth - chris sheppard again...called one 5th because he has the restaurant for 5 years and every year he completely changes everything about the restaurant. right now its Mediterranean
pappas bros steakhouse
kata robata (sushi)

not fine dining
if you can make it to pearland (outside of this big *** city) go to killens BBQ...go early, wait in line...its worth it
kitchen 713 - great soul food
harolds - creole/ cajun
frank's pizza - historic after hours pizza spot that perfect after partying downtown
taste bar and kitchen ( gourmet chicken and waffles)
kenny and ziggy's - only authentic NY deli thats absolutely amazing
papasitos - fajitas tex mex. Great place that people who aren't from houston all love to go- good introduction in to tex mex
crawfish & noodles - if you havent tried viet style crawfish you def should
snooze - brunch spot make sure you get their sweet offerings
blood brothers bbq
bb's - texas new orleans cajun food - 24 hours
house of pies - any pie a la mode is goat and its 24 hours
les bagets - modern vietnamese
himalaya - pakistan
cool runnings - hood jamaican spot
london sizzler - indian
burger joint

i could go on forever. im missing a lot

the thing is there is sooo many places to eat in houston cause it's so big and diverse.
i would suggest going to a mix of the casual dining spots but def hit as many fine dining spots that you can
that will really show you how good the cooking is down here ...but killens is a must imo if you want to try some real texas bbq

one way to pick a restaurant is to learn about the different parts of houston...galleria, downtown, midtown, heights, china town, little india etc...then pick a restaurant determined by location

Thank you! I am definitely going to show the group this.

What type of cuisine do you like?

mexican

Off to Barcelona tomorrow! Cant wait to try some paella.

And just booked my trip for amsterdam for like the 5th time :lol: :pimp:

July is officially planned out.

gonna be in the Bay Area in a couple of weeks 7/19-7/22. Anyone know if those outlets are worth a trip? also taking recs for food
mainly there for a surprise birthday on Saturday, but might try to hit up Napa on Sunday

Staying on Coronado Island in SD this weekend. Should be a nice getaway.

Heading to Orlando in August any spots I need to check out ?

I'd grab lunch at Pig Floyds (get a rib platter with corn and the black beans and rice - trust) and do dinner at Santiago's Bodega and Shari Sushi. Ask for the firecracker tuna sashimi (not on the menu but they'll make it). Flames.

gonna be in the Bay Area in a couple of weeks 7/19-7/22. Anyone know if those outlets are worth a trip? also taking recs for food
mainly there for a surprise birthday on Saturday, but might try to hit up Napa on Sunday

That’s not much time so it depends a lot on what you want to do and your availability / logistics (eg solo, with a car, city versus nature, budget, etc).

I'll have a rental car and staying by downtown SF. should have Friday and Sunday free

That’s awesome. Napa is good but personally have found it very hard not to get tipsy / drunk so having to drive there / drive back never been a great option for me. Would maybe look into an organized trip though they probably have day trips out to Napa on Sundays.

I think something underrated and really fun to do is to rent a bicycle and start from Presidio area and ride across the Golden Gate Bridge. You can then take a ferry (with your bike) back to San Francisco from the other side. And the ferry ride is really nice and fun to be out on the water on the way back.

****ing hate packing. Never know what to bring.
Ever since I started skating I just wanna wear extra comfortable ****.

Jacksonville tomorrow for the week tho.
What it do baybeeeee.

Any good spots out there?

What I will tell you is that to be ready to enjoy watching white people have no power. This was the most eye opening thing I occurred, and it was fantastic. Visiting the Pyramids at Giza, there were places in there where white people could not go into. This was incredibly refreshing as well. Having conversations at certain times, they did not want to hear the opinions of whites over BLACK people either, and that was a wonderful experience. It was none of that WE thing, or WE would like sh!# in places like Ghana, or even in Morocco. Enjoy.

So getting to Machu Pichu is a little harder than I thought.
So I gotta
-Fly from Lima to Cuzco
-Take a cab from the city to Ollaytantambo
-Take the tram from Ollaytantambo to Aguas Caliente.
-Take the bus from aguas Calientes to Machu Pichu.
Can someone who’s been confirm?

Back
Top Bottom