Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

bendover bendover Do you, mind sharing what it was like? Where you stayed/played?

Yea
So it was super last moment.
Looked online and Treasure Island had a buy 1 night, get 1 free. Super cheap. Paid about $200 for both nights (including the resort fee)
Face masks are optional. Pool was packed, people from all over. Met some peeps from Texas, Nebraska, NY. They said plane tickets were cheap.
Restaurants and stores were all open, limited capacity. I played blackjack and they only allowed 3 players per table + the dealer.
Clubs were closed. Hotels weren’t fully open. I believe Excalibur and Caesar’s palace were closed. The strip was busy, not usual summertime Vegas packed.
They check your temperature when you walk in and they have hand sanitizer everywhere. Also they’re constantly cleaning the seats and chips and cards.
If you wanna know anything specifically let me know. Hope this helped

Yeah, that’s very helpful. I appreciate it, man.

I was going back and forth with my girl about heading there recently. We typically go 2-3 times a year and haven’t gone this year so I’m kind of itching to go but she’s a bit hesitant.

We’re in Chicago and we’re just opening up here. We haven’t even eaten in a restaurant here yet so vegas is a big jump.

I’m happy to hear they have a fair amount of controls in place. The temperature check makes me feel a lot better and handling chips and cards isnt so bad if there’s tons of sanitizer around. We’re not big clubbers so no issue there. I was also curious if the general vibe felt off/different at all. Sounds like it was good all around though.

Happy you had a good, safe time. Thanks again.

Our trip to Turks & Caicos was cancelled last month. We were scheduled to fly out in this morning too.

the-sands-at-grace-bay-04.jpg

the-sands-at-grace-bay-25.jpg

Our guy’s trip is in Miami this year. We always hit a Seahawks road game. Since Miami is on the opposite side of the country, I'm thinking about adding a Caribbean Island. Has anyone been to Cuba?

Our guy’s trip is in Miami this year. We always hit a Seahawks road game. Since Miami is on the opposite side of the country, I'm thinking about adding a Caribbean Island. Has anyone been to Cuba?

I have - where are you planning to go? Havana? How long?

I'm hoping we can go to Hawaii next year for our friend's wedding. But not sure for sure that'll be.

Yeah Havana for about 3 days. How did you like it?

Love it -

Cuba is very safe. Food is bland in Havana. But night life is everything. The street art around it is so dope.

Do not stay in Havana for more than 2-3 days. If you stay longer, go out to Vineales if you’re into scenery. You can do the rock climbing and cigar/run tour. The food is amazing in Vinelaes.

Varadero is a popular beach. Lots of touristy things to do there.

Trinidad is cool but it’s the opposite way of Havana than the other two listed. Small town. Learn about the Afro-Cubans and it’s religion.

Everything is cheap there. People are very friendly so be aware. It kind of threw me off guard. Some are just brewing friendly and some are trying to help for $1 -$5. Had a guy spend the whole day with me showing me around, brought him drinks and food and hit him with $20. It's very poor there.

Negotiate all prices before doing anything in the cab or those old school cars. Just walk up on someone and they will work something with you. Have them to give you a tour. I walked everywhere but I did do the old school car tour. The cost to the airport to Havana is usually a set price but you can do the same there too.

Make sure you see the Revolution Square, Old Square, Havana Club, Old Havana, Malecon is where everybody goes to hang out and mingle (along the water), Fusterladia is okay not all that (it's a ride out to get there), Fabrica De Arte Cubano (Warehouse art spot and club), El Cristo De La Habana, Castillo de la Real Fuerza, San Fransico Square,

Check out La Guarida, Mojito-Mojito, Tropciana, Mas Havana, Casa Mi Paladar,Paladar Vistaar, La Terraza

Been getting notifications of flight deals from thrifty travelers. Really close to pulling the trigger on something. Gotta get outta here.

Booked a stupid cheap beachfront condo via Airbnb in Maui for November. Not sure we'll be able to travel from Seattle at that time (especially with Covid second wave talk) but it's fun to dream lol.

Just booked my flight to Japan for September, at $650 RT I figured I'd be crazy not to!

Nice work on the Delta skymiles, I had a trip to Tokyo in March for 40k miles and $60 taxes. I've seen good deals on Air Canada for $500 to Tokyo. Going to wait for Nintendo World to open next year

Back
Top Bottom