Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

If it were me, I'd stay at a hotel in midtown Manhattan. Just to be in the middle of the city and make it easier for me to go uptown, downtown, west or east. No idea about pricing though.

*edit

No that's a lie. If it was me, I wouldn't do that. That's what I'd rather recommend for someone who would want to explore all areas of NYC.

For me I'm always downtown or near downtown. I'm never really midtown, uptown or west side. If I were to stay anywhere it'd be at a hotel by Washington Square Park but that's just me. That's just the area I'm usually at whenever I happy to go to Manhattan (Washington Square Park and lower) lol

If you want some recommendations :

For burgers, I'd recommend the steakhouse burger at the Brindle Room, and if you've never had, the shake Shack burger. Shake Shack is the more popular burger spot by far, but my favorite burger so far is the Steakhouse burger in the Brindle Room.

If you like pizza, I'd recommend the spinach artichoke pizza at Artichoke Basile's

For hot dogs, I'd recommend crif dogs. Don't think you can go wrong with anything there.

For baked goods, Dominique Ansel Bakery - pretty much anything there. My favorite thing there is definitely the cronut, but man if you don't like to get up early, you ain't ever getting it.

For steaks, the best steak I've ever had was probably at Minetta Tavern. I had the dry aged cote de boeuf. There are more popular steakhouses like Peter Lugers for example but I hated the service there. Waiters snobby as hell, but their steaks are pretty good.

That's pretty much it. I'm a man of very few interests.
Thanks. What about night life? When I was there I went out in LES (specifically Pianos, Beauty at Essex)

Oh man, I'm the wrong man to ask about night life. I don't have a night life. When I was younger and in my early 20s I would've been able to help you out some more but I'm honestly out of touch.

I basically go to the city if there's some new food spot that I've heard about.

If I do the occasional happy hour in the city, there's bars in the Washington Square Park area but I can't remember their names.

I am boring :lol:

*edit Oh wait, there is one thing. If you like strip joints, I'd recommend Gallagher's 3000. That's out in Queens though and you'd have to drive. Strip joints in the city can get pretty expensive, but when I was going to strip clubs in the city I went to Rick's Cabaret. Do not go there unless you're really good at saying no or you are balling like that. The dancers are pushy as hell :lol: And if I remember correctly in the Rick's Cabaret area there's a nightclub. It looked interesting from the outside but never been.

Yea that's all I got :lol: If you have family here maybe they can help you out some more

Last edited:
It hasn't been long since I lived in Ny , 1 1/2 years to be exact, but I feel like everything changes so fast, reading some of the blogs looks like the spots I used to go are closing, one by one per week. Man the city moves so fast D: 

Will do
Vernazza.

The plan is fly into Rome, then hop right on a train to Vernazza (its either direct or transfer at Pisa). 3 nights in Vernazza (hike or train to the other villages) then train it to Florence. Since I'm there 4 nights, it'll be a home base to take day trips to other spots via train (like Sienna).

Also while in Rome, thinking about hitting up Ostia (beach day) or Capri, depending on weather.

Nice, you're going to have a great time. We had a nice little apartment in Vernazza. Got there via train from I think Lucca and proceeded to drop our stuff off and immediately hit the trails. Dude slanging homemade lemenoncello is hopefully still around.

We flew into Rome, stayed in Vatican City via AirBnB or whatever (vrbo, etc) before leaving for Tuscany. We rented a car in Rome to leave. That was an experience. For us, nothing really topped Florence - a fantastic city that I look forward to spending more time in. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Nashville in about a month for 4 days, what to do? Preferably no Hill Billy Trump estabishments :nerd:

Gulch area (great food, lounges ) - kayne prime (more upscale), whiskey kitchen, virago for sushi
12 South - have to try urban grub for food

the weekend is a cool spot to hang out friday/saturday nights. club/lounge that plays hip hop/r&b.

i'll be going to paris to honeymoon in November. Any suggestions on "must eat" places and where to shop?

I'm torn between going to London to visit family for 2 weeks

or

just going to Cali by myself for a week or two. If I visit Cali. I'm leaning towards SF.

I'm not really interested in London as a city. But I love my family. Cali, I've been. But my time there was really fleeting. I basically flew to Cali just to dirve to Nevada or Arizona lol. I've never explored Cali in depth.

I live on the east coast.

If you do Cali, you could fly into SF, rent a car and take the scenic drive down To LA and even down to Orange County (costa Mesa, Latina/Newport/Huntington)l beach ) all the way down to SD
If you plan it right you could hit various beaches and sites down the 101 and the pch coast in a 3-5 day trip

Last edited:
Has anyone been to Turks and Caicos or st lucia?

we are trying to choose a vacation spot.  Im leaning towards st lucia. 

Last edited:
Has anyone been to Turks and Caicos or st lucia?

we are trying to choose a vacation spot.  Im leaning towards st lucia. 

St Lucia was our last vacation spot and we had fun. Stayed in the Soufriere region and it was super relaxing. Expensive as **** though. Didn't get to do the day trip to Martinique to make it a 2 for 1. Only minor complaints was the food was ehh, and don't forget the bug spray.

First day back from Cancun... All I will say is WOW. Enjoyed every single second I was there. Just wow. 

Also had a 6 hours layover in Chicago and we decided to explore the city a bit. Much respect to that city good vibes very different from NYC. 

Last edited:

First day back from Cancun... All I will say is WOW. Enjoyed every single second I was there. Just wow. 

Also had a 6 hours layover in Chicago and we decided to explore the city a bit. Much respect to that city good vibes very different from NYC. 
Anxious af 

Might head to AC this weekend [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Nice.

Ironically, I'm backpacking through France, Belgium and Amsterdam and possibly Germany.
Next month. Can't wait.

Make sure to get some solid shoes. I actually think Boost shoes would be good for walking. Europe just doesn't have the same paved roads as the US. I had Vans and it killed me at times with the cobblestone.

Just booked a room to the same Hyatt in the French Quarter of NO that I stayed at for a bachelor party a few years back. This time going with the lady. Gonna be interesting :lol:

is it lame to go on vacation by yourself? i never have done it but i think about it all the time... like should i do it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom