Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

That's kinda what I was thinking. The benefits of it, ie free premium drink and bigger seat, don't really add up to the extra $600+ I'd have to pay out of pocket. Hopefully by end of August I'll have at least purchased the flights and Sept get the rooms. Then I'll know how much pocket money we could have for the trip

Wifey took us to Vegas this past anniversary and was the pocketbook behind it all so I'm trying to one up her lol
Looking to make this a memorable experience.

Man I just found my EURAIL Map from 2014, backpacking Europe for 4 months was definitely the best experience of my Life. I really miss it.

The dark black lines are the actual routes we took.

eurail.jpg

Man I just found my EURAIL Map from 2014, backpacking Europe for 4 months was definitely the best experience of my Life. I really miss it.

The dark black lines are the actual routes we took.

eurail.jpg

This def on my list

Looking to go on a cruise in September to either the Bahamas or Virgin Islands. Has anyone been to either.

Looking to go on a cruise in September to either the Bahamas or Virgin Islands. Has anyone been to either.

I actually worked on a cruise ship from FL to Bahamas twice a wk..lemme kno if u got questions

ol girl put it out there, she wants to go to New Orleans for her bday
thoughts of going in Novemeber?
recommendations?

Never been..but I hear they have one of the best food in the world now..as of a few yrs ago

It depends on what you like. Food is definitely good but it's like everything is fried. Po Boys are great, their oysters are good but a little on the swampy side than say California oysters. There is a fried chicken spot that is good and and of course things like gumbo and other specific foods that make the area great. Burbon St is cool but depends on what type of person you are. If you are young, it is great but after a while, it just smells and is a total crap show. It's a good spot for like a 2-3 day trip. Think a crappier version of Vegas but unique though.

It depends on what you like. Food is definitely good but it's like everything is fried. Po Boys are great, their oysters are good but a little on the swampy side than say California oysters. There is a fried chicken spot that is good and and of course things like gumbo and other specific foods that make the area great. Burbon St is cool but depends on what type of person you are. If you are young, it is great but after a while, it just smells and is a total crap show. It's a good spot for like a 2-3 day trip. Think a crappier version of Vegas but unique though.
i hear that haha
was thinking of doing 3-4 days
thinking of taking a swamp/plantation tour

^^^^I did the swamp tour but it was in the fall and all the crocs were hibernating since I went in December so be aware of that. I didn't do the plantation tour just cause I sort of didn't want to know how people were hung or whatever. I saw a Pelican's game but it was mellow cause they played some weak team. I think people say either go during Mardi Gra or Jazz Fest if you want the full experience. Weekends will be a little more busier while weekdays are pretty mellow. They have those insane 3 beers for the price of 1 at bars but I was with my girl and there was like 5 people in the whole damn bar on say weekday. I went during their SantaCon and there was a religious right that was there and it was like all these Church people yelling at drunks saying they are going to hell. Haha.

My wife tryna go to NO for Mardi Gras. I think she's supposed to be in charge of hotel while I have flights. Bet she ain't looked nothing up

Are there day cruises for the weekend?

Go in early mourning return at night.?
I don't think there are one day cruises..the itinerary I was on was a 3-day and 5-day..but this was Carnival..the other Lines might be different t but I don't think there are 1 day cruises at all

There is like tourist cruises I think but nothing where it is the same caliber as a Carnival boat. It would be like one of those local boats where you go out for dinner or what not. A lot of major cities have that though and I think even New Orleans.

I actually worked on a cruise ship from FL to Bahamas twice a wk..lemme kno if u got questions

*raises hand* I do bro.... how much am I looking at for a cruise for 2?

Is it all inclusive? Do we stop in Bahamas and they pick us back up because our flight?

The second most important factor when considering cruises, after itineraries, is the ship itself. I prefer those from Royal Caribbean and Norweigian Cruise Line. Good extra curricullar things. Better fitting demographics for most people our age (20-40).

Also keep in mind the ports. most cruises throughout Caribbean depart from Fort Laudedale, FL. So make sure you get plane tickets as they are often separate from cruise deals

*raises hand* I do bro.... how much am I looking at for a cruise for 2?

Is it all inclusive? Do we stop in Bahamas and they pick us back up because our flight?

Once u book ur cruise u are given the full list of the itinerary..for example sAy the cruise is Fri returning Sunday..from Port Canaveral, FL to Bahamas..u have to be at the port a few hours earlier..to get checked in..make sure passport is valid;etc..then once u get to Bahamas the schedule will tell u when u have to be back on the ship date/time..if u miss the time u may be stuck in the Bahamas and have to fly back to ur location at ur expense..but food is small inclusive..the only thing u have to pay for is drinks..which includes alcohol and bottles of soft drinks..u don't hav to pay for any drinks from the machines (fountain sodas or juice) most cruise lines have free sushi..and the pizza bars are ridiculously good..but do a little research and see what cruise line suits u best..they all provide different amenities

Now if you take a cruise to Bahamas but don't have a passport can you just stay on the boat in your room?

Do any of you guys know anything about buddy passes? Like how to purchase them or where I can do some research on them? A friend of mine will have to make frequent trips to LA from New Orleans in the next couple months starting in October and he asked me if I had any contacts. I dont really have any at all but I guess ive been pretty resourceful in the past for him and I told him I would ask around.

Appreciate any feedback you guys can offer!!

Back
Top Bottom