Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

This is the Airbnb’s in Vinales - they can setup everything you need. Tour, biking, rock climbing, etc. Beautiful and wonderful family.

This who I used for my rock climbing - great guy and gives you all the info in Vinales. He’s a nuclear engineer.

Don’t spend too much time in Havana - about 2 days - move around. Visit these area Callejon de Hamel, Fusterlandia, Plaza de la Revolucion, El Cristo de La Habana. Visit Tropicana Club. Walk along the Havana Wall (Tunnel or Habana) at night - everybody hangs out there at night.

Word of advice - don’t buy anything advance outside of the Airbnb. You’ll be able to work a deal with the people at the time - they need the money - Better to give to the locals and walk up on someone. I paid something in advanced to secure my transportation; ended up paying $50 to Vinales from Havana. My homeboy got to Vinales for $20 and got there before me :lol: just by walking up on someone because he didn’t do it in advanced.

Cuba is the safest Latin country in the world - explore - I wandered until 3am and nobody bothered me. My homeboy ended up sleeping on the beach and met up with a chick - he’s fluent in 5 languages - got with a Cuban chick.

This was my Air B&B in Havana

Varadero AirB&B:

Good looks. Since my party is of 14, we rented a house in Havana for the entire 9 day stay.

We probably end up going to Vinales and Varadero day tours. Hopefully we get lucky and find someone even for 50 per vehicle to take us and bring us back. Lets see ...

I do think 7 days in Havana is going to be a bit much, but it is what it is. I have communicated with people about Cuban sims and I was quoted 30 usd for the entire stay and 220 CUP for 1 USD.

I rarely go unprepared, but this time, time creeped up and we are going to wing it. Taking some medicine, toiletries and a few tennies balls/candy for the kids (support of the cuban people) and hope all these fearmongering stories are false (lack of food, transportation, etc).

Worst comea to worst, beach everyday.

PS. I am flying Delta, didn't know the Visa fees were included. Were planing in getting the VISAS at the airport in MIA.

oh you’re going with 14 people. Damn. I went in 2019/2020. It was a direct flight from Atlanta. I think now everyone goes through MIA. They may have changed it.

The food in Havana is bland - but you can really find some places there. Most of the tasteful food will be outside of Havana. Transportation isn’t as bad - I mostly walked or had a bike. With a large party, you’re right, not sure how that will be.

9 days? I hope you are able to see Trinidad, Casablanca, Cienfuegos, or Camaguey.

Winging it? You’re going to have a good time. My cousin winged back in 2020 and had an amazing time.

Last edited:
Just got back from Portugal and that country delivers
PM me any recs you have for Porto or Lisbon. Going for a wedding for about a week at the end of September/beginning of October (and tagging Brussels, Bruges, and Amsterdam on the end).

oh you’re going with 14 people. Damn. I went in 2019/2020. It was a direct flight from Atlanta. I think now everyone goes through MIA. They may have changed it.

The food in Havana is bland - you can really find some good places there. But most of the tasteful food will be outside if Havana. Transportation isn’t as bad - I mostly walked or had a bike. With a large party, you’re right, not sure how that will be.

9 days? I hope you are able to see Trinidad, Casablanca, Cienfuegos, or Camaguey.

Winging it? You’re going to have a good time. My cousin winged back in 2020 and had an amazing time.
14 days in cuba?? I did 3 and i couldn’t wait to go back home lol

So cuban food is better in miami than cuba itself? :lol:

Basically.

You have to think, Cuba is barred from the import/export; basically a trade embargo.

They didn’t/don’t have access to food, herbs, ingredients, etc. They actually have a black market - allowing some of those stuff into Cuba.

Also, I think they just started making Cuban sandwiches because so many American tourists kept asking for it. That was created in Miami not Cuba.

Last edited:

Maui up in flames

My heart and love goes out to the kanaka, the kupuna, and the aina of Maui. It’s devastating, and who knows what the final body count will ever be.

I considered cancelling my trip to Oahu in September, but I’m deciding to go through with it because it’ll likely be the last time I get to see my Great Grandma (92 years old) at home in her house.. and maybe ever alive. She isn’t doing well, and is obviously up there in age. Oahu is where I was born.. it’s my home.. her house is my childhood home.

For transparency, we are staying on Waikiki (due to no room at any family house) and have “tourist” things planned with my wife and her mom. But I am going to make sure to volunteer a few hours of my time one day, or at the VERY least, donate needed items to a charter delivering to Maui, while I’m there.

If it weren’t for my great grandma situation, and me seeing her possibly for the last time being a “must do” right now.. I’d strongly consider canceling. Even as someone who is Kama aina.

My heart and love goes out to the kanaka, the kupuna, and the aina of Maui. It’s devastating, and who knows what the final body count will ever be.

I considered cancelling my trip to Oahu in September, but I’m deciding to go through with it because it’ll likely be the last time I get to see my Great Grandma (92 years old) at home in her house.. and maybe ever alive. She isn’t doing well, and is obviously up there in age. Oahu is where I was born.. it’s my home.. her house is my childhood home.

For transparency, we are staying on Waikiki (due to no room at any family house) and have “tourist” things planned with my wife and her mom. But I am going to make sure to volunteer a few hours of my time one day, or at the VERY least, donate needed items to a charter delivering to Maui, while I’m there.

If it weren’t for my great grandma situation, and me seeing her possibly for the last time being a “must do” right now.. I’d strongly consider canceling. Even as someone who is Kama aina.
Saw a couple videos of people throwing hissy fits at the airport because their flights to Hawaii were cancelled. Disgusting behavior.

Saw a couple videos of people throwing hissy fits at the airport because their flights to Hawaii were cancelled. Disgusting behavior.
It’s such a crap shoot.

I hear flights aren’t getting cancelled to Maui which is astonishing.. some saying they are. Some saying they have to call and argue with airlines and still may lose out on funds they paid.

tourists snorkeling and frolicking in the same waters that people drowned in trying to escape the fires, just days prior is ****ing disgusting.

Cancel all tourist flights and treat Maui like it’s in covid lockdown for a while. Should be essential workers and frontline heroes flying out there ONLY.

tourists snorkeling and frolicking in the same waters that people drowned in trying to escape the fires, just days prior is ****ing disgusting.

Cancel all tourist flights and treat Maui like it’s in covid lockdown for a while. Should be essential workers and frontline heroes flying out there ONLY.
THAT act was absolutely disgusting and disrespectful af. No idea why the snorkel company would even do that.. literally right in Lahaina smh

I have an uncle on Maui I’m waiting to hear if he’s okay - only person with contact info is my dad and I don’t speak with him.

I have a friend having a wedding there in Sept too (we almost booked to go, but didn’t), she called the hotel and all her vendors and they all begged her not to cancel it.. so she’s keeping it.

It’s rough. We only see / hear one side on social media. But for one of her vendors, it could be their biggest payday of the year.

Back
Top Bottom