Your opinion on social networking

I use twitter and FB. I only use my name on FB and birthday. Anyone who is afraid of someone getting their personal info via social networking prolly shouldnt use a computer anyway. Its not like someone cant find your IP address and find you. Even the mods here can find your IP address and locate you, I think.

I work at an advertising agency and clients always want to throw up social networking buttons just cause, lol.

I will agree that social networking has come a bit stale if we are just limiting it to FB and Twitter. It's definitely evolving though and once owning a tablet is mainstream standard, it'll be interesting to see what we want to "share" and how we'll do it, with geo-location and proximity to others.

I also think that were exhausted with these social media contests and crowdsourcing techniques. That's where brand engineering needs to kick in. What we need to find are conversations worth talking about in the cloud, the depth. But with most people, "Liking" especially, is just a way to stay relevant among friends.

I want to delete my facebook but I doubt it will happen any time soon. Twitter keeps me updated for night life but I refuse to participate on a significant level. Why send tweets that are basically "convos" when you can text or call someone.

The major dislike is Social Media networking is quintessentially the social norm killer, when dealing with people in real life.

Like people would rather, check your status on FB, Twitter and/or affiliated webpages etc. rather than call, send a letter or visit you at the crib (for sake of convenience and planning their daily routine). Even in college, how many people would prefer to chat with their friends, as oppose to meeting new people (unless it's forced by the professor or a cute person of the opposite sex, they trying to smash/dip on)? 

Technology has made us rather socially challenged sadly and I worry about the next generation sometimes.

The major like on SMN, is the simplicity in measuring, how many people actually give a %@%# about what you post on the internet.

Twitter - I still have one. #NT brings the LULZ but i fell out of it. Meaning i rarely even use it anyone or even peep whats going on in there.
Facebook - Man, that $@+$ is mad stale. Ive been thinking about deleting my $@+$ for a while now. Still havent done it though. 

Google+ - I !*#* with it mostly cause i can have both NT fam & "real"friends on there all at once. But its sorta slowed down. But we'll see what happens when its open to the public i guess

on Twitter/FB but there will always be new stuff like Google + and now this Pool Party thing and some will die out
like Myspace or ill lose interest like Tumblr and Blogspot

Originally Posted by pookieman

Facebook is a great way to get into and back into someones pants....I use it constantly, also a good way of knowing whats going on with ppl far far away that you'd normally not have contact with on a daily...I "like" it

That's what I use it for...easy to hit something that you haven't hit in a long time. Or even the girls you let pass by. Been pulling **!+ left and right lately.

I am not big on social networking...I only NT and read blogs.

No Facing, Tweeting, or Spacing...I will leave that for people who wants to give out their info. (laughing)

^ I felt the same way for a minute, but you lose touch with some people and there's only a slim chance you can link up to get their number.

Not too many chicks on NT I know like that, plus with some girl's you have some history which makes it easier.

it gets kinda boring.

people who use twitter and facebook regularly always talk about the same thing.

and I don't use either of them to hit up ppl.

I feel like if you wanna talk to me just text me or call me.

i just use fb and twitter to stalk girls now

Originally Posted by marmourjr

I am not big on social networking...I only NT and read blogs.

No Facing, Tweeting, or Spacing...I will leave that for people who wants to give out their info. (laughing)

Your info is already out there though. 

I don't like how everything is put on facebook now

it's going to get someone in trouble.

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ each have their own way of being useful to me. They each have their pros and cons but since not everyone that I try to keep in contact with are on the networking site that I mostly use I keep them all. I'm not that stone set on having a mindset of "if you need to reach me just text me" because I don't give my number out to everyone.  I hate the recent spam on facebook but it can be ignored.

I still log in to myspace every now and then for a quick greeting to friends who haven't migrated to facebook(
eek.gif
)

Oddly enough, I use FB and Twitter more than I did when I was in college. The mobile applications for both social networks make it too easy view them everyday. I just don't look too deep into social networks. I think people take them too serious sometimes. I like twitter the best b/c you're able to see what friends and others are getting into quickly. That microblogging functionality is very appealing to me.

never in my life had a facebook,myspace,twitter, and google+
all of them are mad stupid
always 1 stupid thing always involve in it with crime making sure i never create 1 in the near future
i think my main reason why is because im not a fan of taking a picture of myself and posting online so everybody can see and their stupid comments
makes me look like im trying to hard to be cool of fit in
most of the ppl that have these account when they take pics they look mad dumb imo

Never had a Myspace, Facebook, Twitter or any other social networking account, ever.
I can see the need for it, if you own a business, or are trying to catch up with old friends that you actually know.
But these sites have turned into an online bootycall, egomaniac playground.
Dont know about you guys but I never needed FB to get buns.

Back
Top Bottom