Your questions for Tinker and Gentry?

Tinker (or Gentry)- could you talk about some cool Air Jordan prototypes or concepts that never made it to production?

Tinker, obviously, your approach to the Air Jordan XX3 was different than that of other models you designed. Could you explain the biggest difference inattacking the 23 ?

Gentry,
why are you guys making it harder to obtain retro's in the future???
Why are you guys making limited release???. when you can clearly sell more shoes and have more satisfied customers
why dont you guys come out with more OG colorways??? dont you think that OG collector would want to wear some of their favorite shoes but cant because they areold, can crack, and why ruin them. while JB can release the OG colorways that collectors love and wouldnt mind wearing.
does MJ give the final word on all the colorways that get released???

76735392e9f6d08ebceb27b72abe65855a23df6.pjpg

Gentry... When are you guys going to commission me to make one of these for JB?
roll.gif

Tinker... Hey can you sign this IV for me??
tongue.gif

Seriously though I'd ask...

Gentry...
1. How do you feel about all the hate that comes your way? Do you dislike it? Or do you thrive off of it?
2. With all these people on the internet that "know it all" and complain about "whack" colorways, have you ever thought about having acontest and letting a "fan/collector" come up with a colorway for a future model?
3. You have stated in the past that in the future retro's will be harder to obtain, could you elaborate a little bit more on that?
4. Can you share with us yet what JB's plan is after 2008 as far as a "signature" shoe goes?

Tinker...
1. When you drop a design, like the XXIII's for instance, and they get a lot of initial hate and dislike, how do you feel about that?
2. If you could only have 1 pair of shoes in your closet for the rest of your life what would they be?
3. Has there ever been a shoe that you REALLY wanted to make but that didn't actually come to life?
4. What is your favorite and least favorite shoes you have designed, not just Jordans?

Tinker: What was the inspiration behind the plated midsole chasis of the XX3? How did that concept come about?

[color= rgb(204, 0, 0)]Gentry:Why Do You Always Bring Out A Great Shoe But Always Cheap Color Placements aka Wack ColorwaysHere And There.[/color]

[color= rgb(204, 0, 0)]Tinker:Are You Designing XX4?[/color]

gentry: as an old school jordan buyer since '85, why must you change the originality of certain shoes? (example...making a Jordan I with the jumpman on theback and making it a mid) you can still produce a shoe the same way without the original ones losing anything. lets face it, the original shoes are just fornostalgia and not for wearing.

G - What qualities do you think are necessary to climb the corporate ladder.

Tinker - Will you continue to design/consult beyond the XX3s.

Thanks,

Tinker - I have no questions for him.

Gentry -

(i) How long did it take you to come up with a business plan to ruin what was arguably the greatest basketball sneaker company of all time?
(ii) Why do you make comments that you want to "keep it real for the OG's" but make it impossible for them to get a pair of the sneakers thatrelease?
(iii) Why did you decide to make the latest signature model limited? Is that a joke or what?
(iv) How do you feel about letting down the entire Air Jordan fan base?
(v) Do you feel like you a a traitor to something you loved?
(vi) When you get up in the morning, is the first thing you say to yourself "what can I do to make everyone over the age of 25 that WAS into Air Jordanswant to curse me out?"?
(vii) Why do you limit releases so people can't buy the shoes?
(viii) How do you feel about the fakers releasing better looking XX3's (at least the black/red coloway) than the actual company?
(ix) Why do you let resellers make money off of the sneakers you release instead of making that money yourself?
(x) Do you feel you can keep this brand going on frakenstein amalgamations and team jordans (which are typically veiwed by Air Jordan fans as subpar product)?
(xi) How much do you pay jmaddidas to go on Niketalk and defend you and your actions?

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Gentry -

(i) How long did it take you to come up with a business plan to ruin what was arguably the greatest basketball sneaker company of all time?
(ii) Why do you make comments that you want to "keep it real for the OG's" but make it impossible for them to get a pair of the sneakers that release?
(iii) Why did you decide to make the latest signature model limited? Is that a joke or what?
(vi) When you get up in the morning, is the first thing you say to yourself "what can I do to make everyone over the age of 25 that WAS into Air Jordans want to curse me out?"?
(viii) How do you feel about the fakers releasing better looking XX3's (at least the black/red coloway) than the actual company?
(ix) Why do you let resellers make money off of the sneakers you release instead of making that money yourself?
(x) Do you feel you can keep this brand going on frakenstein amalgamations and team jordans (which are typically veiwed by Air Jordan fans as subpar product)?
(xi) How much do you pay jmaddidas to go on Niketalk and defend you and your actions?
i think i can answer some of these
(i)mostlikely between the time the OG XI dropped and when the white cement iii retroed with a jumpman
(ii)bail out line. you know he doesnt mean it, i know he doesnt mean it. It sure sounds nice though
(iii)hype sells. yes, im still laughing myself straight to the bank
(iv)i dont care, the product will sell and my pockets will stay fat
(v) meh...the moneys good, so is change
(vi)hmm
(vii)refer to answer iii
(viii)i would have liked for the look of the model to stay a secret until the new year(i danced around that question and so would he)
(ix)refer to answer iii
(x)of course i can. when sales slip i'll release a limited XI mid to lure back in the sheep. Those that cant get the XI will have to settle for a Teammodel. hype sells
(xi)who's Niketalk?

How much do you pay jmaddidas to go on Niketalk and defend you and your actions?
How long did it take you to come up with a business plan to ruin what was arguably the greatest basketball sneaker company of all time?
Why do you make comments that you want to "keep it real for the OG's" but make it impossible for them to get a pair of the sneakers that release?

Great questions.

Tinker- How do you feel about other companies ripping off your elephant print. It is used on almost every skate shoe now and even on some shoes produced byecko/DC/etc. Do you feel like they should give you credit for the design?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Gentry,
Why are you guys making limited release???. when you can clearly sell more shoes and have more satisfied customers
why dont you guys come out with more OG colorways??? dont you think that OG collector would want to wear some of their favorite shoes but cant because they are old, can crack, and why ruin them. while JB can release the OG colorways that collectors love and wouldnt mind wearing.
it never fails...the typical NT complaint/query
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Gentry -

(ii) Why do you make comments that you want to "keep it real for the OG's" but make it impossible for them to get a pair of the sneakers that release?
(vi) When you get up in the morning, is the first thing you say to yourself "what can I do to make everyone over the age of 25 that WAS into Air Jordans want to curse me out?"?
1. How did Gentry "ruin" Jordan Brand??? They make more and more money every year and isn't that what businesses are trying to do, makemoney?

3. They made 1 limited colorway, what's wrong with that?

4. You can't say they have let down the ENTIRE Air Jordan fan base because they haven't... Far from it!!!

10. Love them or hate them... The Team line and the other stuff makes them MORE money then the signature line and retro's do!!!

BigLefty23 Wrote:
[table][tr][td] [/td] [td]
Tinker- How do you feel about other companies ripping off your elephant print. It is used on almost every skate shoe now and even on some shoes produced by ecko/DC/etc. Do you feel like they should give you credit for the design?
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Tinker didn't invent "elephant print", it was actually being used on other shoes before he used it on the III's...

I believe the questions where for Tinker and Gentry.
1. How did Gentry "ruin" Jordan Brand??? They make more and more money every year and isn't that what businesses are trying to do, make money?

4. You can't say they have let down the ENTIRE Air Jordan fan base because they haven't... Far from it!!!

10. Love them or hate them... The Team line and the other stuff makes them MORE money then the signature line and retro's do!!!

HOV, you should make it:
(xi) How much do you pay jmaddidas/metalmaned to go on Niketalk and defend you and your actions?

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Gentry,
why dont you guys come out with more OG colorways??? dont you think that OG collector would want to wear some of their favorite shoes but cant because they are old, can crack, and why ruin them. while JB can release the OG colorways that collectors love and wouldnt mind wearing.
it never fails...the typical NT complaint/query
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
yup cuz im a NTer

Originally Posted by DA6

I believe the questions where for Tinker and Gentry.
1. How did Gentry "ruin" Jordan Brand??? They make more and more money every year and isn't that what businesses are trying to do, make money?

HOV, you should make it:
(xi) How much do you pay jmaddidas/metalmaned to go on Niketalk and defend you and your actions?

HAHAHAHA!!!! Good one!!! You hear that Gentry, they think you should be paying me.. The least you could do is to start sending me free sneakers, deal???
roll.gif

The reason I make the comments I do is because I own my own business and I know how business works. They are in the business to sell shoes and make money. Theycontinue to make more and more every year so that doesn't mean he's "ruining" the company he's making it stronger. YOU might not think sobut numbers don't lie and numbers are what they are after, period!!!

The fact is "we" (sneaker heads/ collectors) make up a very small percentage of sales for Jordan Brand. The majority of their customers wouldn'teven know what a "retro" was, they see the Jumpman on the sneaker and buy it because they think it is "cool".

Gentry is just someone for people with complaints to aim them towards when they should be aiming them towards the whole company. If Gentry quit and if MJhimself took over you'd all have the same complaints and nothing would change except for the scapegoat. Until their sales go down and not up things willcontinue to go the way they are no matter who is at the helm of the company.

1. Why do you guys keep dropping stupid#@%! colors?
2. Why did you decide to switch the packages from being limited?
3. Is there any chance at all that the Jordan series will continue?
4. (To Tinker) What inspired you to make a Jordan design in the early Jordan years versus todays designs?
5. Have you guys came to a decision on the "Slam Dunk" package?

if ur gonna continue with the number jordans , wat can we expect as far as retros other then the packages?

Back
Top Bottom