Your questions for Tinker and Gentry?

gentry when are you retiring?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

They are in the business to sell shoes and make money. They continue to make more and more every year so that doesn't mean he's "ruining" the company he's making it stronger. YOU might not think so but numbers don't lie and numbers are what they are after, period!!!
^^Sad but true, but its kind of like when a band is coming up and it has its small group of loyal followers who love the band so much because theyare still humble and are concerned with making real quality music, but then some weasel record exec steps in and starts watering down the bands material to belighter and more easily produced. The band then becomes pop and the loyal followers are left almost despising the very entity they literally supported foryears. Yes, the band makes more money, but nothing lasts forever, and when the pop trends have changed the band is left wishing they would have never whoredthemselves out because Integrity is way more valuable than more money they can never spend, they end up divorced from the wives that helped them get where theywere, drink alot, or maybe start using drugs (I would post the wasted looking pic with MJ here, but I love him too much) ..They don't have the respect theyused to have from those first loyal followers, OR the "Trendsters/Hypebeasts" that they decided to cater to for more $$$$ they didn't really needin the first place....

Bottom line, JB has the aura of being ruined because, they could still be making quality products, and keeping some respect for the brand, and their earlyloyal followers, by combating fakes and NOT releasing neon blue and yellow retros and the like...I mean who's "lifestyle" is that anyway?

but maybe I just care waaaaay to much, and should let go of the past???

BTW...in case my little analogy was lost on anyone...JB is the Band, That other guy is the Weasel record exec...
wink.gif

So my only question to him would be WHY MAN WHY?????
and I wouldn't even have to ask Tinker a question I would Just say THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!
happy.gif

Tinker & Gentry what is the best Bday gift MJ gave you?
metalmaned:
Tinker didn't invent "elephant print", it was actually being used on other shoes before he used it on the III's...
oh yeah?!?!...which shoe brah?!..

^^^I believe the Air Force STS was one... I could be wrong but I think this was out before the 3...

PIC

If not. I would like to know which ones as well...

Originally Posted by GOATMJxxlll

Tinker & Gentry what is the best Bday gift MJ gave you?
metalmaned:
Tinker didn't invent "elephant print", it was actually being used on other shoes before he used it on the III's...
oh yeah?!?!...which shoe brah?!..

British Knights and Troop were using it in around 86 which is about 2 years before the III's came out. I'd actually be curious to ask Tinker if hegot the idea from them since they were really popular at the time the III released.

metal: Tinker has said that elephant print came from a couch which used a similar print.

They first looked at using ostrich on the III's, but MJ and Tinker liked the elephant print better.

Why is the quality of retro's so damn cheap now, where as before the quality was great ?
When you make these retro's harder to obtain in the future, are they goning to have better quality ?

Tinker - Respect.

Gentry - Having your lil moles on NT is genious. I get it...a lil marketing, lots of pictures and cosigns by "respected" members and what do youhave? "They grew on me." You got that puppetmaster game on lock.

Back
Top Bottom