Garnett
Kidd
Dirk
LeBron
Iverson
Nash
Wade
basically

i wanted to throw mac somewhere in there but now that i look at this list all he gets is a hm

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

1a. Kobe (has been dominant the entire decade: 4 rings) Put in work in the playoffs

1b. Duncan (same as Kobe: 3 rings) Put in work in the playoffs

3. Shaq (unstoppable from 2000-2003; then tailed off except for '06 in Miami, had a lull, but seems to have a little left in the tank: 4 rings) Put in work in the playoffs

4. KG (can't stand the guy, but he carried Minny for so long and finally got the chip with Boston
mad.gif
1 ring) Put in work in the playoffs

5. AI (best little man scorer in history, MVP, taking bunch of scrubs to the Finals) Put in work in the playoffs

6. Kidd (walking triple double, one of the best PGs of all time) Put in work in the playoffs

7. Dirk (MVP, took Mavs to Finals, consistent the entire decade) Put in work in the playoffs

8. Nash Made it to the playoffs

9. Bron (MVP, gonna definitely be at the top of the list for the next decade) put in work in the playoffs

10. Wade (Finals MVP and performance for the ages even if it was with the help of the striped shirts: 1 ring) put in work in the playoffs

Irony at it's finest right there.

All these folk puttin the same bum on their list for a two year run. Dude ain't done a damn thing more then CWebb did in his half a decade.

But since I'm the one to post this, people will just make excuses and say I'm hating.
grin.gif
But read all them names again. And think about it real hard.

laugh.gif
I can't stand Nash, CP, but the guy did win MVP twice (even though I don't think he deserved them) and has been one of the top PGs in the leaguesince he was with Dallas. That has to account for something right?

Billups went to 7 straight conference finals, and won a title, and went to the finals back to back years, and has a finals MVP.

Nash has two trophies.

People can pick Nash all they want. Kidd and Billups were the better players, and maybe even Tony Parker. So Nash is top 3-4 at his own position, but top 10the whole NBA? Naw.

Billups went to 7 straight conference finals, and won a title, and went to the finals back to back years, and has a finals MVP.

Nash has two trophies.

People can pick Nash all they want. Kidd and Billups were the better players, and maybe even Tony Parker. So Nash is top 3-4 at his own position, but top 10 the whole NBA? Naw.

Im not the biggest Nash fan, but Billups and TP aint been better than him for the decade

Nash has two trophies.
Your argument for Billups is based on team achievements, except for Finals MVP, which is an overrated award in my opinion.

Nash's "two trophies" are the best individual awards a player can earn, and Billups has one overrated trophy.

I'm not saying that I think Nash is better (I don't think he should have won either MVP award), but you're not proving Billups is better using teamaccomplishments.

Duncan
Shaq
Kobe
KG
Dirk
LeBron
Kidd
Nash
Wade
Iverson

And CP, whether you like it or not, two MVP awards will put you as top ten for the decade.

Billups would be top 15 or so in my list.

82 game award > 7 game award.

Rings DEFINITELY matter, he just didn't win any.

Well then I guess rings shouldn't matter for Kobe or Duncan or Shaq, cuz those are team things.
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

People baffle me.

10 guys, 9 of them are huge postseason players, been to the finals, multiple finals, Finals MVP's, etc etc, and then one other guy. Then to defend thatguy, they say postseason don't matter.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
I give up.

Well then I guess rings shouldn't matter for Kobe or Duncan or Shaq, cuz those are team things.
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

People baffle me.

10 guys, 9 of them are huge postseason players, been to the finals, multiple finals, Finals MVP's, etc etc, and then one other guy. Then to defend that guy, they say postseason don't matter.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
I give up.
I don't know about the other NTers that posted, but my list was picked based on individual accomplishment and skill, not how well theplayers' teams did.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Tim Duncan
3. Shaquille O'Neal
4. Kevin Garnett
5. Allen Iverson
6. LeBron James
7. Dirk Nowiztki
8. Jason Kidd
9. Dwayne Wade
10. Tracy McGrady

hey CP...if you wanna talk about winning championships over MVPs...then maybe our boy robert horry should be on top of that list
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Nah im with CP on this one actually.
Billups was the core of that team and was the sole reason they went as they did everytime.
Nash only deserved one MVP.

Finals MVP > MVP

Also nash isn't any where near as close to being as clutch as billups.
Billups is up there with being one of the top clutch performers of all time.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

CWebb had a strong 4 year run in Sacramento and a good year in Philly, but otherwise
grin.gif

Yet most people have Steve Nash on their list. Wouldnt ^ be the same reason Nash should be excluded from lists?

Nash has two trophies.

People can pick Nash all they want. Kidd and Billups were the better players, and maybe even Tony Parker. So Nash is top 3-4 at his own position, but top 10 the whole NBA? Naw.

30hylc3.jpg

2v2zbk2.gif

1zm2mpv.jpg

Billups didn't even have an excpetional finals, that could have really been given to any member of that squad. I swear Billups has the worst nickname inthe league, "Mr. Big Shot," my @%#, dude bricks 95% of the time when it matters

Nash's clutchness>Billups clutchness.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

CWebb had a strong 4 year run in Sacramento and a good year in Philly, but otherwise
grin.gif

Yet most people have Steve Nash on their list. Wouldnt ^ be the same reason Nash should be excluded from lists?
am i missing something here?

and nash is still more clutch. how many times did he make a 3 last minute to bring a game into OT? how many times has billups done that? not as many, thats forsure.

roll.gif
at everybody talkin how clutch Nash is in the regular season compared toBillups in the postseason, when it actually matters. I've heard it all now.

James White > MJ in them preseason games son. No doubt.
pimp.gif

Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
Lebron
Kidd
Iverson
Garnett
Dirk
Nash
McGrady (who should be on almost everyone's list)

Regarding Chauncey/Nash... Stats from ONLY 2000-2001 on...

Steve Nash (Regular season ... Post-Season)
Games - 697 ... 94
MPG - 34.2 ... 38.5
PPG - 16.8 ... 18.5
FG% - .495 ... .469
3P% - .438 ... .418
FT% - .906 ... .900
REB - 3.3 ... 3.8
AST - 9.5 ... 9.4
STL - 0.8 ... 0.6
TO - 3.1 ... 3.4

2-time regular season MVP ... 3-time All-NBA First Team ... 1 All-NBA Second Team ... 2-time All-NBA Third Team ... 6 All-Starappearances

Chauncey Billups (Regular season ... Post-Season)
Games - 699 ... 133
MPG - 32.7 ... 37.3
PPG - 15.7 ... 17.7
FG% - .423 ... .413
3P% - .399 ... .367
FT% - .892 ... .881
REB - 3.1 ... 3.5
AST - 5.9 ... 5.9
STL - 1.0 ... 1.1
TO - 2.0 ... 2.2

1 NBA Championship ... 1 Finals MVP ... 2-time Second Team All-Defense Teams ... 1 All-NBA Second Team ... 2-time All-NBAThird Team ... 4 All-Star Appearances

For the most part, the production is pretty damn close... Nash shoots better percentages across the board and obviously does more in terms of assists, butChauncey is obviously the better defender and he turns the ball over less...

Back
Top Bottom